X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli Holocaust Survivor Named World's Oldest Living Man

CBN News
    03-12-2016

An Israeli Holocaust survivor living in Haifa has been named by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest man.
    112 year-old Yisrael Kristal, born in 1903 in what is now Poland, received a certificate from Guinness following the death of a Japanese man, who was also 112, earlier this year.

Kristal owned a chocolate factory in Poland before he was sent to Auschwitz following the liquidation of the Jewish ghetto in the city of Lodz during World War II. His children died in the ghetto and his wife was murdered at Auschwitz while he endured the internment doing forced labor.
    After the war Kristal remarried and settled in Haifa. He has a daughter, Shula Kuperstoch. She told The Jerusalem Post that he attributes his survival to God.

"He believes he was saved because that's what God wanted. He is not an angry person, he is not someone who seeks to an accounting. He believes everything has a reason in the world," she said. Kristal, the son of a Torah scholar, still recites his prayers daily from memory, due to poor eyesight.

His daughter says her father's philosophy is moderation in all things. "He says that if he had created some medicine to extend life then it would be
    something notable. But his attitude is that he has just lived his life, and reached this age, it's just his reality, it wasn't in his hands. That's what he believes," she explained.

Officials from the Gerontology Research Group, based in the U.S., are still working on Kristal's documentation, which includes his marriage certificate from the 1920's. But he still will bear the title of the world's oldest living man.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Re: Israeli Holocaust Survivor Named World's Oldest Living Man

That's incredible!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Hitler's "thousand year Reich" lasted 12 years. And now the world's oldest man is someone he tried to murder.

That's the best revenge. God always gets the last laugh.
      "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
        Hitler's "thousand year Reich" lasted 12 years. And now the world's oldest man is someone he tried to murder.

That's the best revenge. God always gets the last laugh.
        AMEN!! And Hitler most likely never had peace the way this man does.
        "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
        "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
        Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

Im not surprised that this man recites his prayers daily from memory. The Jewish people, at least the orthodox traditional Jews take the Word of God very seriously. They have a tremendous amount of respect for God and the Torah.

Comment

Working...
          X