Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again

I got back on here about this time last year and really wanted to get involved with the board again but I was diagnosed with breast cancer.... I had to go through a bunch of testing and ended up having three surgeries, but thankfully I didn't need chemo. Between all of that I was also working part time so with my attention on other things I just dropped out. I would post this on anything goes but it looks like its gone? Hope this form is ok to post this on. At any rate I am cancer free now, praise God for that! I am on summer break from work too so have more time on my hands. I also stopped posting because I was trying to use my phone or tablet and reading long posts on those was pretty difficult. My sister's work got rid of their old computers so I have a desk top again but its ten years old...I'm older too and my bifocal don't work with this screen so I using cheap reading glasses. Not sure how well that's going to work on reading things on here...guess I will find out. Just glad to be back. Missed you all.

God bless
    Julie
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Hello again

Hello . So very glad you are on the mend ! If you are having trouble reading the print on the screen you should be able to enlarge the view with the settings section of your browser . At least in windows you can . Hey ! Cut out the "old " talk I am getting there too .

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
      I got back on here about this time last year and really wanted to get involved with the board again but I was diagnosed with breast cancer.... I had to go through a bunch of testing and ended up having three surgeries, but thankfully I didn't need chemo. Between all of that I was also working part time so with my attention on other things I just dropped out. I would post this on anything goes but it looks like its gone? Hope this form is ok to post this on. At any rate I am cancer free now, praise God for that! I am on summer break from work too so have more time on my hands. I also stopped posting because I was trying to use my phone or tablet and reading long posts on those was pretty difficult. My sister's work got rid of their old computers so I have a desk top again but its ten years old...I'm older too and my bifocal don't work with this screen so I using cheap reading glasses. Not sure how well that's going to work on reading things on here...guess I will find out. Just glad to be back. Missed you all.

God bless
      Julie
      Welcome back sister. Don't forget that all browsers have a "view" setting (zoom in or out) and you can increase the lettering size to something more comfortable to view.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have already enlarged the fonts on here. It helps but I still have to use these store bought glasses and my eyes aren't liking it very much. Hopefully they'll adjust. I also forgot how to type on a keyboard! lol. Feel very clumsy. :/
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Welcome back into the fold sister moonglow. I hope you stay will be pleasant.

John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Welcome back!
            Glad to see you posting again, and rejoiceful that you kick cancer in the backside.
            Look forward to seeing you back in the discussions again.

Comment

Great to see you pop by again Moonglow. Congratulations on the recovery as well.
              Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
              Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post

God bless
                Julie
                Welcome back.

Glad you are ok again.

Your son too?

Comment

Originally posted by ProDeo View Post
                  Welcome back.

Glad you are ok again.

Your son too?
                  Thanks. My son is doing as well as is expected with his medical issues. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 19. He is 23 now. He has some other medical problems too in part due to the diabetes. He is strong in the faith though and has passed me on his biblical knowledge. Pretty amazing to see. Thanks for asking about him.

Originally posted by ProDeo View Post
                  Welcome back.

Glad you are ok again.

Your son too?
                  Thanks. My son is doing as well as is expected with his medical issues. He was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 19. He is 23 now. He has some other medical problems too in part due to the diabetes. He is strong in the faith though and has passed me on his biblical knowledge. Pretty amazing to see. Thanks for asking about him.

Comment

Working...
                  X