touchy question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treeinheaven View Post
    I repeat, it is not that simple.I hear your logic that's fine.Ray Yungen wrote 2 books on new age with a point I remember.Christians can fall into occult practices without full understanding of the nature of the evil practice.God gives grace but is not mocked.Example:Someone joins an exercise program that includes yoga.They are unaware of the occult connections of yoga.God gives them grace for awhile but if they don't repent God judges them, although maybe not overtly.Sex is not evil no.Nor the marriage bed.But I honestly think that there is more, sorry.

Adam
    You can fall into occult practise if you start dabbling in things God tells us not to dabble in. If you start reading horoscopes, for instance, you may find it's the start of a slippery slope. But God explicitly told us not to do that, so there's a clear warning.

When God told Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth" (Gen 1:28), there aren't very many ways they could have obeyed that instruction.

The point is that sex was God's idea, not ours. We've been made with the appropriate parts and the desires. If you are with your wife, focussing on her and on God, and in line with God's desires, where does a demon get in?

You can say "it's not that simple", but if it really isn't that simple what complicates it? How does a demon get in, uninvited, to a Christian home during a God-sanctioned act when the participants are focussing on God and what God wanted?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
      You can fall into occult practise if you start dabbling in things God tells us not to dabble in. If you start reading horoscopes, for instance, you may find it's the start of a slippery slope. But God explicitly told us not to do that, so there's a clear warning.

When God told Adam and Eve to "be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth" (Gen 1:28), there aren't very many ways they could have obeyed that instruction.

The point is that sex was God's idea, not ours. We've been made with the appropriate parts and the desires. If you are with your wife, focussing on her and on God, and in line with God's desires, where does a demon get in?

You can say "it's not that simple", but if it really isn't that simple what complicates it? How does a demon get in, uninvited, to a Christian home during a God-sanctioned act when the participants are focussing on God and what God wanted?
      I agree. It seems to me that Satan is possibly causing the original poster to this thread to have some serious confusion. Everything logical that needed to be said to clear confusion has been clearly laid out. It appears the original poster, for some reason, may have guilt feelings about sexuality that the Devil is exploiting.
      Last edited by Warrior4God; Mar 7 2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X