bad women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad women

There seem to be a lot of books on marriage for women, albeit at the very least highly questionable.I went on a missions trip a few years ago and remember how the older (not elderly)women were giving some books to the younger women (college age).I felt uneasy about it because I gathered the basic premise of the books was on how bad men are and that women are secretly being denied Gods best.I watched them for about a week.These young women developed a different character and attitude.It went from friendly and slightly positive/neutral toward men, to being suspect of and hostile toward men.They had a bent toward control and resented submission.I feel sick thinking about it even now.Has any other guy noticed this?It can be extremely subtle.I have noticed this contagion phenomenon more times than I can count.

Adam

Are these books written by christians? I have read a good deal of books on marriage and have not come across anything like you have described.

Comment

I'm sure they were "christian".But really it was more about a very subtle yet very evil influence regarding women.You might be more familiar in reference to the college scene.I guess it is just the feminist movement really.It's just that it's amazing how subtle, pervasive and evil it really is.The contrast was what I was trying to point out.It might be too difficult for most people to understand exactly what I was trying to show...

Adam

Comment

Feminism has nothing to do with degrading men, or destroying them in any form that you seem to be speaking of. That is a misconception of feminist philosophy.

Comment

There are alot of junk books out there written by people who call themselves Christians, but these days alot of the woman writers are not teaching women how to be wives but rather how to be independant, that they dont need a man. To stay away from them and that the Lord will give them a man to lift them on a pedestal. This mixture comes both from the world and a misunderstanding of one verse that Paul writes about staying single. I have yet to find a man or woman who is truly comfortable with being single and is not burning with desire.

This is also a large reason why alot of men dont meet their future wives in services anymore but rather worldly women everywhere else because there the only ones opening up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by PunkJohnnyCash View Post
            Feminism has nothing to do with degrading men, or destroying them in any form that you seem to be speaking of. That is a misconception of feminist philosophy.
            Unfortunately this misconception is held by many women.

Comment

There are many godly women who are devoted to Christ and to their husbands. There are also many single women who are following Christ and will continue to be Christ centered even after they marry. Certainly this world is full of evil and perverse women and men, but it seems counter productive to think all women are bad because they are women.

Romans 3:23 (New American Standard Bible)

23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Comment

Ugh...Lets get the record straight I am not casting women in a bad light.I appreciate and care about women.When a woman cusses or is filthy or such it's worse than a man.The foulness of it runs so much deeper.The really frightful and sad thing is the potential.How do you deal with this violence?The coldness?The false love?The blood lust?And not become hardened and bitter?

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by treeinheaven View Post
                  Ugh...Lets get the record straight I am not casting women in a bad light.I appreciate and care about women.When a woman cusses or is filthy or such it's worse than a man.The foulness of it runs so much deeper.The really frightful and sad thing is the potential.How do you deal with this violence?The coldness?The false love?The blood lust?And not become hardened and bitter?

Adam
                  Adam, it is not worse when a woman does it. It is that men have hardened hearts to our own actions. We justify it as manly but it is not.

Comment

Which books were they?

Before I deigned to pass judgment, I'd like to know what the actual message was.

Comment

I do not know a title.I glanced at them.It was the impression I got from the books.It is feminism plain and simple.Not complicated.What I saw years ago was the sowing of seeds of feminism by a church-going older woman.What brought it up was realizing a few weeks ago while in public how feminism is more prevalent now vs. 5 years ago.I am not sure what more I can say.I have tried explaining this thoroughly.

Adam

Comment

I personally find that there are a lot of books that FULLY degrade men - mainly non Christian.
                        I have also found that girls are pushed to believe that Mr. Right is going to show up eventually and it will be obvious - not true.
                        There really isn't much you can do...except read the book yourself. If the book follows scripture, then why worry? If these books twist scripture, then bring it to the older girls. Show them the fallacies and push to have the brainwashing material destroyed.

Until you know what the books are about, there really isn't much you can do except pray about it.
                        Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                        1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

Working...
                        X