!!!food ingredients to avoid!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!!food ingredients to avoid!!!

I have a feeling people are critisizing the WRONG foods (like sugar). I shall also give a brief overview on which chemicals are bad, and also some health tips

Bad chemicals:
    Sodium Benzoate: used as a preservative, mostly in liquids, causes A.D.D.
    High amounts of mercury: causes autism
    Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, or aluminum in general: causes alzheimers, mostly used in pastries (like pillsbury)
    Tartrazine: comes from COAL TAR, used as artifical colour
    Hyrdogenized spreadings: from plasticized peanut butter to margarine, these clog your heart, make your skin greasy, and are NOT natrual. Buy adam's peanut butter, and real butter. Hydrogenized peanut butter also causes your body to reject it and cause allergies (now you know why so many people have peanut allergies).
    Artificial flavours: derived mostly from coal tar like tartrazine - they split the molecules to create them, high amounts of artificial flavours can sting the mouth or irritate other bodily areas (especially the artificial popcorn butter - if you breathe the fumes from artificial popcorn butter, it can cause LUNG CANCER).
    Aspartame: found mostly in gum, sometimes labeled as "splenda" or other brands. IT CAUSES BRAIN CANCER! Aspartame is very poisonous, just use real sugar (no it doesn't make you fat).
    Monosodium glutamate: can ENTER through your BBB (blood brain barrier), it causes severe headaches when aten in large quantities, makes people overweight and is often used to get people addicted to things (like chips). It affects the brain and... should be avoided unless you're starving in a desert.

Note: avoid aluminum cuttlery, and cookware that is coated with plastic such as teflon! Teflon causes cancer and cannot be digested.

Now, I want to explain why PORK and PIG meats are bad. Firstly, they contain HIGH amounts of fat (bacon is often PUMPED with artificial flavours, go figure), but also the high fat content houses germs and diseases. The Old Testament forbids the Jews to eat pig meats, this of course is no longer a law :
    Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

HOWEVER, it doesn't mean we should go against it anyhow:
    Deuteronomy 14:8 And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

I am Jewish myself (I don't believe in "judaism" though - just your average born again believer), however, I still think people could learn a good tip from heeding Old Testament Tips (OTT).

As for sugar, it doesn't make you gain weight at all; it might affect some people in more durastic ways - BUT, if you're gobbling fatty pork, sugar isn't going to affect you - remember, you are what you eat, the pork flesh and fat one consumes becomes added upon them.

Jesus Bless, and keep those bodies healthy.

Originally posted by devonrose742 View Post
    As for sugar, it doesn't make you gain weight at all; it might affect some people in more durastic ways - BUT, if you're gobbling fatty pork, sugar isn't going to affect you - remember, you are what you eat, the pork flesh and fat one consumes becomes added upon them.
    Sugar, of course, is handy. Nice easy energy source for the body... but what happens if you consume more energy than you need? Liver reaches capacity and turns everything else into the body's natural energy storage system -> fat!

Is it likely that I'm consuming more energy that I need? Check out your labels ... anything ending in "ose" is sugar of some complexity. In short, unless you're making everything from scratch your diet is likely packed with sugar. And that might be ok if you're a lumberjack or a professional triathlete. For the rest of us it just means we're jamming in more quick energy than we need, maxing out our livers, and producing fat.

Comment

"but what happens if you consume more energy than you need? Liver reaches capacity and turns everything else into the body's natural energy storage system -> fat!"
      There are different kinds of sugars (fruit sugars don't produce fat), and, your body doesn't convert sugar into straight fat (like in pigs), it just uses it as - like you said - energy.

I talked to a few people who struggle with their weight - they ALWAYS ALWAYS eat lots of fatty meats like pork! If you want to lose weight, stop eating pig meats, and stick with LIGHT meat like chicken. I don't reccomend vegetarianism because there isn't much point to that. Your body needs meat!

Comment

There are different kinds of sugars (fruit sugars don't produce fat), and, your body doesn't convert sugar into straight fat (like in pigs), it just uses it as - like you said - energy.

I talked to a few people who struggle with their weight - they ALWAYS ALWAYS eat lots of fatty meats like pork! If you want to lose weight, stop eating pig meats, and stick with LIGHT meat like chicken. I don't reccomend vegetarianism because there isn't much point to that. Your body needs meat!
        I'm sure I've eaten plenty of pork products that were as light in fat as chicken and certainly less than beef.
        Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
        Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
          I'm sure I've eaten plenty of pork products that were as light in fat as chicken and certainly less than beef.
          No. Pork always has more fat than chicken. If it DOES somehow have less fat (which is never), then it's chemically altered - they put artificial flavours in bacon strips (most brands). The nature of pork is that it contains lots of fat and houses many germs (even if you cut off some of the fat - the germs are still there).

People LIKE Pork because of that high fat content, you will ALWAYS have more fat in pork - producers deliberately want this. What some meat companies do to increase the weight of the meat is to... add more fat in it!

Comment

No. Pork always has more fat than chicken. If it DOES somehow have less fat (which is never), then it's chemically altered - they put artificial flavours in bacon strips (most brands). The nature of pork is that it contains lots of fat and houses many germs (even if you cut off some of the fat - the germs are still there.

People LIKE Pork because of that high fat content, you will ALWAYS have more fat in pork - producers deliberately want this. What some meat companies do to increase the weight of the meat is to... add more fat in it!
            Well, I roamed around the internet and found a few studies that indicate pork does have a little bit more fat in general, but not significantly more than chicken (assuming we compare fairly similar cuts of meat - i.e. don't compare bacon to chicken breast). As far as germs, well, that's why you need to cook pork well (chicken for that matter as well).

Anyway, it's all matter of choice. I love me some bacon once in a while. If you don't want to eat pork, that is your prerogative.
            Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Comment

I used to drink a lot of diet soft drinks, I haven't in awhile, but I was very addicted to diet pepsi. It took me a long time to stop drinking it.
              Philipians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord your God will hold your right hand, saying to you, "fear not I will help you."

Psalm 150:5
              Praise Him with loud cymbals!
              Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Comment

Originally posted by Midyrvette View Post
                I used to drink a lot of diet soft drinks, I haven't in awhile, but I was very addicted to diet pepsi. It took me a long time to stop drinking it.
                Diet pops ALL contain aspartame (And most likely sodium benzoate - if not, then silicon dioxide).

Silicon dioxide is indeed plastic - mostly used in powdered things like sugar crystals. I seen it in some dairy products too.

Don't drink pop, just drink juice instead... the sugar in pop is fattening to a degree (because it's all artificially refined and BLEACHED may I add), but natural juice sugars are good for you and DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT affect your weight.

But in contrast, someone who eats sugar everyday vs. someone who eats pork, who will gain more weight? the person who eats pork!

Comment

Diet pops ALL contain aspartame (And most likely sodium benzoate - if not, then silicon dioxide).

Silicon dioxide is indeed plastic - mostly used in powdered things like sugar crystals. I seen it in some dairy products too.

Don't drink pop, just drink juice instead... the sugar in pop is fattening to a degree (because it's all artificially refined and BLEACHED may I add), but natural juice sugars are good for you and DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT affect your weight.

But in contrast, someone who eats sugar everyday vs. someone who eats pork, who will gain more weight? the person who eats pork!
                  Um, silicon dioxide (SiO2) is quartz. It is definitely not a plastic.

Comment

Just from a health standpoint pound for pound and getting both cuts as lean as possible, beef steak or pork chop?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Just from a health standpoint pound for pound and getting both cuts as lean as possible, beef steak or pork chop?
                      Beef steak would be more lean (I can only assume). Also, if you cook it, make sure the fat can drain out.

As for silicon dioxide, I'd stay away from it anyhow

Comment

As for silicon dioxide, I'd stay away from it anyhow
                        Well stay away from the beach then.

Comment

Working...
                        X