Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no, "Forum is NOT open to women!" sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no, "Forum is NOT open to women!" sticky?

Brothers,

I just noticed a ominously-worded, locked thread in the women's section warning us, as men, not to tread and leave our big footprints on their forum. Fine, but I object quite aggressively if women are allowed to post at will in our forum.

I have no issue with separate discussion areas for them and us, in fact I heartily welcome it. There's a reason the girls have their own area; I'm saying that, correspondingly, there are reasons we (ought to) have the same exclusivity. They enforce that policy with no apology, the same emphasis on purity of principle should exist here, as there.

In short, if we can't post in their section, they should not be permitted to post in ours. And if they are NOT permitted to post here, we should have an equally severely-worded, locked thread to that effect - regardless of how few, if any, actually do.

Here's our sticky... http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=8034

It's been in effect since 2003 and got an edit in 2004.

I've booted so many females off the porch... hahahaha

SCRAMMMMMMMM!
    --
    Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

So, since all the men here are gonna be wondering.... why did you even venture into the "female" forum

I ask cause since I'm one of the leaders on this board... respecting the rules are expected to be... respected.
      --
      Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

If you ask me, you guys running the message board should implement a new feature:
        1. Users are required to set their gender at sign-up: male or female. (Of course, if they so choose, they can set it to be hidden from the public userbase.)'
        2. Once they hit "submit" on making their account, it permanently locks the gender they chose. No turning back once the button is pushed.
        3. With that, males will be able to see only Solomon's Porch, and females will be able to see only Women At The Well.

I think the "problem" is that each gender is inherently curious as to what they other gender talks about. Hence, a guy will try to take a quick sneak through the women's section, and women will do the same through the men's. Sometimes curiosity simply gets the better of people, and they give in to the "temptation" of wonderment. Implementing the above feature will completely eliminate this problem from even having a chance to take place. Men won't even see the women's section, and vice versa.
        To This Day

Comment

I have accidently posted in the females room but it is only because I have a habit of searching the new posts and reading the subject. If it interests me I look and alot of times I do not notice what area it is posted in
          ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

Comment

I usually blow the whistle on SFs (Suspected Females) as quickly as possible.
            The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
            In the ranks of death ye will find him;
            His father's sword he hath girded on,
            And his wild harp slung behind him;
            "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
            "Tho' all the world betray thee,
            One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
            One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
              If you ask me, you guys running the message board should implement a new feature:
              1. Users are required to set their gender at sign-up: male or female. (Of course, if they so choose, they can set it to be hidden from the public userbase.)'
              2. Once they hit "submit" on making their account, it permanently locks the gender they chose. No turning back once the button is pushed.
              3. With that, males will be able to see only Solomon's Porch, and females will be able to see only Women At The Well.
              I think the "problem" is that each gender is inherently curious as to what they other gender talks about. Hence, a guy will try to take a quick sneak through the women's section, and women will do the same through the men's. Sometimes curiosity simply gets the better of people, and they give in to the "temptation" of wonderment. Implementing the above feature will completely eliminate this problem from even having a chance to take place. Men won't even see the women's section, and vice versa.
              Maybe we could come up with a way to stop men from going into women's bathrooms too

I don't know if the format of the program will even allow up to add this request. It is a standard forum format. Anyway, i think it is policed pretty well. If any of you think a women is posting just click the little triangle "report post" button on the upper right side of the post. Then fill in the short form and let us know why you are reporting the post

I made a mistake and posted once over in the women's forum. I was reported quickly and within an hour all was settled.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck shot View Post
                I made a mistake and posted once over in the women's forum. I was reported quickly and within an hour all was settled.
                An hour

I ventured in there once and almost immediately I received a PM asking why I was in that thread
                --
                Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                  An hour

I ventured in there once and almost immediately I received a PM asking why I was in that thread
                  that's what happens when are the big dog, you can't sneak anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Buck shot View Post
                    that's what happens when are the big dog, you can't sneak anywhere
                    Yeah, that red suit gives me away so easily
                    --
                    Slug1--out

Comment

That was my thoughts exactly!

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Comment

Here's our sticky... http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php?t=8034

It's been in effect since 2003 and got an edit in 2004.
                        Our sticky doesn't mention the exclusion of women in its title - which is completely unequal to theirs, in which their warning to us to stay out is glaring.

And then, if a woman does open ours, the meek little "warning" is positively timid compared to their own almost totalitarian scale of retribution with which they so emphatically threaten men.

Ultimately this is a question of respect. One of two things should happen; they should either soften the tone of their warning out of feminine respect as Christian sisters to us, their brothers, OR we should practice some self-respect as Christian men who lead our womenfolk, and increase the prominence and harshness of our own warning to match.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum View Post
                          Our sticky doesn't mention the exclusion of women in its title - which is completely unequal to theirs, in which their warning to us to stay out is glaring.

And then, if a woman does open ours, the meek little "warning" is positively timid compared to their own almost totalitarian scale of retribution with which they so emphatically threaten men.

Ultimately this is a question of respect. One of two things should happen; they should either soften the tone of their warning out of feminine respect as Christian sisters to us, their brothers, OR we should practice some self-respect as Christian men who lead our womenfolk, and increase the prominence and harshness of our own warning to match.
                          Naaaa, all new members to the board learn the deal the first time they post in the wrong area. Whether men posting in the female forum or the women posting in here. We all do it... at least once
                          --
                          Slug1--out

Comment

Naaaa, all new members to the board learn the deal the first time they post in the wrong area. Whether men posting in the female forum or the women posting in here. We all do it... at least once
                            Well, I had hoped I'd be taken seriously.

Don't worry, if I see a wench here, I personally will tell her to get the bleep off with the same harshness as their bunch.

Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by JaybeeinBibleForum View Post
                              Well, I had hoped I'd be taken seriously.

Don't worry, if I see a wench here, I personally will tell her to get the bleep off with the same harshness as their bunch.

Count on it.
                              Look at it this way... the reason they have to be forceful, is cause allot of men didn't respect their privacy of the "Woman's" forum
                              --
                              Slug1--out

Comment

Working...
                              X