Grill season cometh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill season cometh

Well... except for you "hardest of core" who never actually stop.
    With the melting of all the snow and lengthening of the days, grilling season is just around the corner. Anyone got some hot new ideas to try, or old standbys you plan on busting out with the quickness?

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
    With the melting of all the snow and lengthening of the days, grilling season is just around the corner. Anyone got some hot new ideas to try, or old standbys you plan on busting out with the quickness?
    I guess I would classify as hard core since we never stop .

Nothing really new for us. I might have to make by sirloin skewers with tomato, onion and various bell peppers soon. Other than that its our usual fair of chicken, pork, salmon, or beef. For the beef I usually season with Montreal steak spice. Chicken and salmon may be just done straight up, although I like marinating in teriyaki for a change. I'll keep the eyes out here for some interesting ideas since there are few gourmets here.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

I rather like to take a thick slice of chorizo and grill it until it crisps and curls at the edges.

That's the starter. Then the biggest steak I can fit on the grill does nicely.
      24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
      I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
      I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
      1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

I'm looking at improving my "Kitchen Sink Sauce" that I put on chicken and sausages. I used to coat everything with it before putting it on a medium to high heat grill until someone mentioned that ...

... so I've switched to slathering it on about halfway through the cooking.

Here's what its made out of so far...
        - Store bought BBQ sauce (BOOO!! I need to find a substitute for this)
        - Brown sugar
        - Soy sauce (or sometimes worchestershire sauce... which ever one I pick up first)
        - Super finely chopped garlic.
        - A good amount of ground black pepper
        - Chili powder
        - Honey
        - Whiskey

Comment

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday afternoon! It is time to get the grill going

Comment

Soon as I saw the title I thought... Grill season never endeth

Here's my next project... Pork Loin, one that is atleast 5-6 inches thick by 12 inches long. Carve it as I unroll it so it's only 1 inch thick. Dry rub both sides with spices.

Then mix some italian sausage, venison, bacon, onions, peppers, and various spices in a pan and cook it all up.

Cover the pork with all this and roll it all back up and tie it together with butcher cord.

Place in smoker and smoke the pork loin for about 4-5 hours.

Serve and eat till we all pop
            --
            Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Where's my invite?
              24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
              I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
              I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
              1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

"various spices"

Fine! Keep your secrets!!

Comment

"various spices"

Fine! Keep your secrets!!
                  Well, if I want the food to be hot I use the hot spices and if not, I use the not so hot spices
                  --
                  Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I always put a big 5-10 lb steak on the grill. I think God gave us cows for a very good reason.

After I take the juicy medium-rare steak off the grill, I put teriyaki sauce on it. Bon apetit!
                    Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

Argh! Teriyaki? Why would you go and ruin a perfectly good steak with teriyaki?

---

Comment

Are there any animals you wouldn't eat?

Deleted, see thread: 'Are there any animals'....
                        Last edited by JaybeeinBibleForum; Mar 31 2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: Should have been in its own thread

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
                          Argh! Teriyaki? Why would you go and ruin a perfectly good steak with teriyaki?
                          I know it sounds weird and gross...especially on top of delicious meat that used to go "moo", but it truly is delicious. And vegetarians can't beat that with a baseball bat.
                          Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                          1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

I just don't like teriyaki much on anything.

---

Comment

Here's what its made out of so far...
                              - Store bought BBQ sauce (BOOO!! I need to find a substitute for this)
                              - Brown sugar
                              - Soy sauce (or sometimes worchestershire sauce... which ever one I pick up first)
                              - Super finely chopped garlic.
                              - A good amount of ground black pepper
                              - Chili powder
                              - Honey
                              - Whiskey
                              How can I modify this so I don't have to use store bought bbq sauce?

Comment

Working...
                              X