No announcement yet.

Grill season cometh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace the BBQ sauce with some habanero peppers?
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
      How can I modify this so I don't have to use store bought bbq sauce?
      Ketchup?

(Just kidding)

ETA: google bbq sauce recipe and you can get some suggestions.
      Last edited by teddyv; Apr 1 2009, 07:15 PM. Reason: additional information
      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
        I whole-heartedly agree. Habanero peppers are freaking AWESOME!!!
        Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
        1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

I never really stop. But, when Spring comes we like to break the grill in again. last weekend I grilled 40 burgers, 40 hot dogs and 18 polish sausages. Doing it again tonight, just maybe not that much.
          www.showhismercy.blogspot.com <<--------My new blog spot...check it out if you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by doubledcattle View Post
            I never really stop. But, when Spring comes we like to break the grill in again. last weekend I grilled 40 burgers, 40 hot dogs and 18 polish sausages. Doing it again tonight, just maybe not that much.
            I love mass cooking. I've done chicken cooks for church... 400 chicken halves. Just me an my buddy, sometimes 2 buds as we cook for about 5 hours over four large pit grills... I just love it
            --
            Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post

I can see Slug1 didn't take HisLeast's bait when he asked for a substitute for store bought BBQ sauce.
              Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Man...a mass BBQ sounds delicious.

Perhaps I should use a secret sauce to smother chicken, steak, and hotdogs with.
                Do you have any ideas, Slug1?

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
                  I can see Slug1 didn't take HisLeast's bait when he asked for a substitute for store bought BBQ sauce.
                  Originally posted by RedBird777 View Post
                  Man...a mass BBQ sounds delicious.

Perhaps I should use a secret sauce to smother chicken, steak, and hotdogs with.
                  Do you have any ideas, Slug1?
                  Take a mason jar (24 oz size, I think). Put 4 habaneros in the blender and let the blender blend for a few (don't want a paste, just well shredded habaneros).

Place habaneros, seeds and all in the mason jar.

Mix in all the other ingredients

Stir it all up.

Place lid on and place in the fridge.

Daily for 1-2 weeks, open the jar, stir, close jar, place back in fridge.

After 1-2 weeks, use as needed with BBQing.

Should last for 2 full BBQings.
                  --
                  Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                    Take a mason jar (24 oz size, I think). Put 4 habaneros in the blender and let the blender blend for a few (don't want a paste, just well shredded habaneros).

Place habaneros, seeds and all in the mason jar.

Mix in all the other ingredients

Stir it all up.

Place lid on and place in the fridge.

Daily for 1-2 weeks, open the jar, stir, close jar, place back in fridge.

After 1-2 weeks, use as needed with BBQing.

Should last for 2 full BBQings.
                    You may not have told me the true ingredients, but what I do know is habanero peppers!

Comment

Working...
                    X