Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video gamessss

Elder scroll V: Skyrim
    You can fight dragons, hunt mammoths and much like fallout you get Perks to upgrade your abilities.

it comes out 11-11-11 which is about 1 month after my wedding... I hope the wife is understanding when we don't talk for 6 months and I am mildly testy from lack of sleep.

Mass effect 3 coming out sometime around then... which I will get used like 9 months later (I will probably start my 2nd play through of skyrim right after I finish my 1st)

Rage comes out 9-13-2011 which John Carmack (he made doom) is involved in the development of.

Gears of war 3 comes out one week later on 9-20-2011. Ive been playing the bata all week and it is amazing! Seems like all the mistakes they made in respect to the multi-player with the first two are gone in the 3rd. The game feels really good and the new weapons are awesome.

I am alive is also suppose to come out this year but honestly I doubt it.
    Diablo III is rumored to come out this year too.

Not to forget
    Batman: Arkham City (10-18-2011)
    Battlefield 3 (11-1-2011)
    Dead Island (8-1-2011)

Re: 2011 is gonna be amazing if you like video games.

I'm a massive Elder Scrolls skeptic after playing IV (Oblivion). I consider it a step backwards in almost every facet except for graphics. The fancy shmancy "physics" made preparing a trophy room absolutely impossible, which made it pointless to collect loot at all. The level scaling of the encounters just smashed emmersion and made every facet of the game equally easily. I still prefer Morrowind to Oblivion.

Mass Effect 3. Count me in. Its like playing a movie.

I don't get to game much anymore. What little time I get is plagued with guilt because I enjoy it. When I do game, I play Minecraft or Rift. Minecraft is within my top 5 favorite games ever, and unquestionably my favorite indie game.

Comment

Im mostly looking for to BF3. I'm a huge BF fan and the BF3 videos have seen are freakin incredible.

Luckily I'm signed up for GameFly so I can play Mass Effect 3 and The Elder Scrolls without actually buying them.

Comment

Really? I loved oblivion. It is currently my all time favorite game... I guess it's probably because it is the only elder scrolls game I have played. I did own Marrowind for the original Xbox but I never really played it. And in oblivion all of my combat was done up close and personal. I didn't even really use much magic well except to heal.

I have LOVED all the mass effect games... and I know I will love the 3rd one as well. I just have a history of buying that one months and months after it comes out.

Oddly enough on November 11, 2011 Minecraft has come kind of release.... not sure what it is but I did read on a list of stuff that is coming out this year, so you might want to keep your eyes open for that when it comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by Punchy View Post
          Im mostly looking for to BF3. I'm a huge BF fan and the BF3 videos have seen are freakin incredible.

Luckily I'm signed up for GameFly so I can play Mass Effect 3 and The Elder Scrolls without actually buying them.
          have you checked out any thing on the multi-player for BF3? it's somthing like 24 players on the xbox 360 version and like 64 on the pc... that's huge!

Comment

Ahh, yes can't wait; for me, I'm waiting on ghost recon future soldier, you should check out the trailer and gameplay, it's gonna be awesome.
            Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Comment

Originally posted by the sound View Post
              have you checked out any thing on the multi-player for BF3? it's somthing like 24 players on the xbox 360 version and like 64 on the pc... that's huge!
              Ive seen all the videos in 1080p, If this game looks anything like those videos, wow.
              Besides.......how could i ever denie flying a fighter jet without any real world consequences?!?

But if D3 comes out anywhere around those other games, any free time i have for gaming will go to D3 above all else.

Comment

It's going to be either 24 or 32 players for consoles. PC gets 64 and will probably have bigger maps aswell as added features ( don't know what kind of features though )

But I don't really care about the player count because i'm not buying the PC version.

One thing I really wish they would bring back is clan support. If DICE added clan support i'd never stop playing BF3.

Comment

Really? I loved oblivion. It is currently my all time favorite game... I guess it's probably because it is the only elder scrolls game I have played. I did own Marrowind for the original Xbox but I never really played it. And in oblivion all of my combat was done up close and personal. I didn't even really use much magic well except to heal.
                  Ah... that's likely the problem. I had Morrowind for PC and was able to leverage all the mods that came out for it. Never played a single game of vanilla Morrowind.

Oddly enough on November 11, 2011 Minecraft has come kind of release.... not sure what it is but I did read on a list of stuff that is coming out this year, so you might want to keep your eyes open for that when it comes around.
                  Heh... I'm a minecraft fanatic. Follow Notch on twitter, the whole 9 yards. So I'm all over code updates.

Comment

So I need help picking out a game. Looks like I came to the right place. Couple weeks ago I gutted my PC and rebuilt it; its ready for action.

But I haven't played anything new in a while. I mainly play FPS. I really liked Half-Life 2. Far Cry was great. I thought Oblivion was great in concept, particularly having a relatively free landscape to roam around it. But I got bored with it, and I think that level scaling had some to do with it. But I'd probably try Skyrim.

I have not played any of the Mass effect games, but ME2 looks good.

Fallout 2 looks interesting, and Bioshock did too.

Guess you can tell I am a bit behind the times. Last game I bought was Portal (which was good).

So, what should I go for? ME2?
                    In Christ,

-- Rev

To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper. Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by RevLogos View Post
                      So I need help picking out a game. Looks like I came to the right place. Couple weeks ago I gutted my PC and rebuilt it; its ready for action.

But I haven't played anything new in a while. I mainly play FPS. I really liked Half-Life 2. Far Cry was great. I thought Oblivion was great in concept, particularly having a relatively free landscape to roam around it. But I got bored with it, and I think that level scaling had some to do with it. But I'd probably try Skyrim.

Guess you can tell I am a bit behind the times. Last game I bought was Portal (which was good).

Me2 is a good choice for now, come fall/winter there will be alot of choices though... i actually restarted it on xbox a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RevLogos View Post

If you're going to play ME2, do yourself a favour and don't touch it until you've played ME(1). I recommend both highly (I'm as much a ME fanatic as HisLeast is a MineCraft fanatic), but the second is that much better if you've played through the first (meaning that while the second is good, I didn't find it as good as the first). As for Bioshock, the first is (imo) incredible, while the second is quite a letdown..

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to Rage, Deus Ex 3, and Mass Effect 3 the most. Oh, and the Final Fantasy 3 / 6 re-release on Wii Virtual console. Chances are I'll only get to play FF 3 + one other game (until the other two go on sale), so it's going to have to be Mass Effect 3 (which I'll buy on release, something I almost never do).

Comment

Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          .... don't get to game much anymore. What little time I get is plagued with guilt because I enjoy it.....
                          No fan of video games myself, not even qualified to post to this thread.... can't understand without an interpreter

I hate this feeling when I get it (if you are talking about not enjoying things wrongly).

Peace.
                          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * ** * * * ** * *** * * * * ***** * * * * ** * * * * ** ** * *
                          ~ * You get 10 'reps' to bless others with each day... don't log off until you have used them up......
                          ....Live your life the same way.... ~ *

Please pray for the 'Persecuted Church'.

Bible Forums Vision: "To be a community of believers who are actively engaged in pursuing the truth of God as revealed in His Son Jesus Christ by way of studying the Scriptures diligently in order to discover this truth."

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats View Post
                            I hate this feeling when I get it (if you are talking about not enjoying things wrongly).
                            I'm talking about the concept of enjoyment being sinful. It goes something like this...
                            - I enjoy X
                            - Therefore X "pleases my flesh"
                            - Therefore X is a sin.

Comment

If any of you haven't checked out L.A Noire, check it out. Look at the facial movements on the characters in the game. I heard that they used something like 32 HD cameras to get down the realistic facial movements/ structure.

Comment

Working...
                              X