Anyone ever made a potato cannon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever made a potato cannon?

I bet my brother I could make a better one than him. It's looking good so far... Except for a tiny problem with the trigger mechanism...

If you listen very carefully you can hear some poo come out of my camera man

Link removed by Admin

Anyone got any design suggestions? The stakes are high here!
    Last edited by amazzin; Sep 4th 2012, 11:37 PM. Reason: cussing not allowed

Re: Anyone ever made a potato cannon?

That was like an old fuse on a cannon, or in a cartoon.

I have never made a 'tater gun, but may have to find time to do so.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

The ones I have seen used starting fluid for propellant and electronic ignition from a Coleman lantern as the trigger. I think there is some question as to whether or not that type Potato gun is legal. Conflicting info from B.A.T.F.E. has been issued regarding them. From what I saw of yours, there is no way I would use black pipe. It is an explosion waiting to happen. Use only Schedule 80 high pressure supply pipe.

Either my ears are bad or there is some inappropriate language in the video.

Comment

Ah, sorry bout that, didn't realise it was there.

I passed on the combustion model, that's simple pneumatics. Pumped it up with a bicycle pump.

My brothers just sent me a vid of his. It has a 3 meter, 68mm bore barrel. I now feel quite inadequate!

Comment

You might want to take that link down before someone really complains about it. We can't have that kind of language on Bible Forums man.
          "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

Comment

Originally posted by BrianW View Post
            You might want to take that link down before someone really complains about it. We can't have that kind of language on Bible Forums man.
            You mean that weird accent?
            Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Has anyone made a potato explode in the microwave?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
                Has anyone made a potato explode in the microwave?
                No, but I once had a dozen eggs explode in a microwave. Was not a pretty picture, espically when i sobered up the next morning and my wife had me clean up the disaster.
                "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
                "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
                Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ChristianCoffee again.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
                    No, but I once had a dozen eggs explode in a microwave. Was not a pretty picture, espically when i sobered up the next morning and my wife had me clean up the disaster.
                    When I first got out of college, got a job and an apartment, one of the first things I bought was a microwave. Reading the directions, it said emphatically, do NOT put a raw egg in the microwave. I had to do it.

Wow what a blast! Blew the door open and I had scrambled egg all over the kitchen, the walls, everywhere.
                    In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by RevLogos View Post
                      When I first got out of college, got a job and an apartment, one of the first things I bought was a microwave. Reading the directions, it said emphatically, do NOT put a raw egg in the microwave. I had to do it.

Wow what a blast! Blew the door open and I had scrambled egg all over the kitchen, the walls, everywhere.
                      I was, well....not very sober when I had done this. My wife brings it up from time to time when I make breakfast: making sure I never forget.

I think it took my 4 hrs to clean up everything in the kitchen, with a throbbing head to boot from the odor of the eggs.
                      Rich Mullins

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianCoffee View Post

The first time I heated up a hot dog in the microwave, I figured about 1 minute would be good. There was about 40 seconds I didn't need.

Comment

Try grapes in the microwave. (old enough to remember the first ones were called Radar Ranges)

Grapes give a pretty good light show.
                          Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

When I was a kid I remember my mom putting a light bulb in the microwave. It goes on for a few seconds. Then it explodes. Pretty cool thing for a mom to do...

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                              Try grapes in the microwave. (old enough to remember the first ones were called Radar Ranges)

Grapes give a pretty good light show.
                              Pouring Chlorine in Baquicil creates a pretty good spectacle as well. (Dont do it.)

Comment

Working...
                              X