Christian rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian rock

Can anyone please list a few good christian rock bands?

Also, does anyone know if the band Creed is considered christian, or do they themselves

view there selves as Christian? I know they were not at one time, but thought they may have

converted. Thanks in advance

Re: Christian rock

Originally posted by RenewedFaith View Post

Also, does anyone know if the band Creed is considered christian, or do they themselves

view there selves as Christian? I know they were not at one time, but thought they may have

Newsboys, Kutless, Toby Mac, David Crowder, Hawk Nelson, etc.
    I do not consider Creed to be a Christian band. Lyrics are not Christian. They used quite a bit of recreational chemicals over the years.

Comment

Thank you. I knew Creeds older stuff definetly
      wasnt Christian like at all, but some of there "newer" stuff,
      well the lyrics seem like they may have changed.
      For example, the song " Are you ready ", or " My own prison ".
      Maybes that last one wasn't a good example

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
        Newsboys, Kutless, Toby Mac, David Crowder, Hawk Nelson, etc.
        I do not consider Creed to be a Christian band. Lyrics are not Christian. They used quite a bit of recreational chemicals over the years.
        Creed may be a band filled with Christians, but they are not a Christian band in the typical standard way.

I would add Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Stephen Curtis Chapman to the list for starters as far as good Christian bands. Plenty of them around, I could go on and on lol

Comment

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...siveBkt-s&tt=b
          Jeremy Camp
          Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
          And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
          Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
          and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
          1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Originally posted by Protective Angel View Post
            Yes! Another good one.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
              Yes! Another good one.
              Camps voice kinda sounds like Creeds lead singer.
              Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
              And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,

Comment

I have so many favorite groups, but I think Casting Crowns might be my favorite

Comment

Alright! Thanks. This is kinda the info I was looking for. A band that kinda sounds like Creed.

Thanks to all for the replies. You see, I quit listening to music all together over the last few months

because of a conviction of sorts.

Comment

Alright! Thanks. This is kinda the info I was looking for. A band that kinda sounds like Creed.

Thanks to all for the replies. You see, I quit listening to music all together over the last few months

because of a conviction of sorts.
                    Been there. Set fire to all my tapes several years ago.

Comment

Praise the LORD. My life changed for the better about 3 years ago when I threw away all of my secular records and music. Recently, I even stopped listening to much of the popular Christian music that I had enjoyed prior (for the same reason unfortunately). Restricted my music to a few artists who play for the glory of the LORD and who I know are pleasing to Him and edify me in the Spirit.

I don't hate on or judge those who do differently, but I will testify of the incredible impact this has had on me.

Christ Our Life (www.christourlife.ca) is easily my favorite. Download all of their stuff for free at the site.
                      Doug Tanner is a great option for those into folk/acoustic - Google search Doug Tanner MP3s and there's a site with all his music free
                      Bethlehem Blues Collective is a really good option for those into the blues! I was gifted their albums, not sure where to get them, but worth looking for!
                      Fernando Ortega and Don Moen are really enjoyable also, mind you a couple of red flags have come up in potential involvement in ecumenism...

I used to be into punk/hardcore, and there are a couple of bands who I would still recommend to those into that:
                      xDiscipleXAD
                      No Innocent Victim
                      Dodgin' Bullets
                      Jesus Wept
                      Figure Four
                      Bloody Sunday
                      So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Comment

Originally posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
                        Praise the LORD. My life changed for the better about 3 years ago when I threw away all of my secular records and music. Recently, I even stopped listening to much of the popular Christian music that I had enjoyed prior (for the same reason unfortunately). Restricted my music to a few artists who play for the glory of the LORD and who I know are pleasing to Him and edify me in the Spirit.

I don't hate on or judge those who do differently, but I will testify of the incredible impact this has had on me.

Christ Our Life (www.christourlife.ca) is easily my favorite. Download all of their stuff for free at the site.
                        Doug Tanner is a great option for those into folk/acoustic - Google search Doug Tanner MP3s and there's a site with all his music free
                        Bethlehem Blues Collective is a really good option for those into the blues! I was gifted their albums, not sure where to get them, but worth looking for!
                        Fernando Ortega and Don Moen are really enjoyable also, mind you a couple of red flags have come up in potential involvement in ecumenism...

I used to be into punk/hardcore, and there are a couple of bands who I would still recommend to those into that:
                        xDiscipleXAD
                        No Innocent Victim
                        Dodgin' Bullets
                        Jesus Wept
                        Figure Four
                        Bloody Sunday
                        That's awesome. A testimonie of sorts I guess. It's funny that you mention the blues, as I was until a few months ago one of the biggest Led Zeppelin fans ever. Jimmy Page could really burn them strings up if you know what I mean. Page was actually my inspiration for all my guitar studies, sad to say I guess. I wonder if there are classical guitarists that aren't secular. People that play like Tarrega and the others....

Comment

That's awesome. A testimonie of sorts I guess. It's funny that you mention the blues, as I was until a few months ago one of the biggest Led Zeppelin fans ever. Jimmy Page could really burn them strings up if you know what I mean. Page was actually my inspiration for all my guitar studies, sad to say I guess. I wonder if there are classical guitarists that aren't secular. People that play like Tarrega and the others....
                          Phil Keaggy is a renowned Christian guitarist.
                          --
                          Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Yeah, the LORD's gifts are without repentance. It's a shame when people use their talents in vain. There are many guitarists (some who are lambs) that blow Jimmy Page out of the water, but they will never be a household name because they won't sign in blood, etc. Praise Jesus. I would rather listen to a sloppy player with trainwreck tone who loves the LORD than the best player who did the deal.
                            So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Comment

I do enjoy Creed, and while Scott Stapp stated he was a Born-Again Christian, most of Creed's music, although very inspiring was mostly secular. In terms of Christian artists, I lean more towards Michael W. Smith, Stryper, Carmen and Amy Grant (before she moved into the mainstream pop genre)
                              Prayer without faith, is like a car without an engine

There are many roads to damnation, but only one Road to Salvation

Comment

Working...
                              X