Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

    Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

    (BtW, still waiting on the guitar body, still need blue dye, and knobs, think that's it and will begin the build)
    Originally posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Please start a different thread. I’d like to know what’s going on here.
    Kech and I began a conversation awhile back about guitars. I saw his avatar pic at the time and asked him if the guitar was a Gibson Goldtop. This led to me asking more questions about wiring and guitar building.

    Over the last few months, I've begun resourcing all the parts and I'm down to the few parts still needed, mainly the body is being CnCed (still on order) and should be ready maybe mid May. Then the building and creating begins on what will be called my - Grunt-Caster

    So... anyone else want to show off guitars they own or built or ask questions?
    Slug1--out

    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

  • #2
    Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

    I am in awe of people who are creative, especially musically. I myself do not have this gift and find it amazing when a person creates beautiful music out of nothingness.

    No questions, no guitars, just appreciation.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

      I got a 12 string acoustic that I want to put a pickup in, would love to hear some recommendations. I want as little surgery as possible but not a fan of the piezo ones that go in under the saddle.
      ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

        Originally posted by Jollyrogers View Post
        I got a 12 string acoustic that I want to put a pickup in, would love to hear some recommendations. I want as little surgery as possible but not a fan of the piezo ones that go in under the saddle.
        I know there are acoustic pickups that attached to the hole under the strings.

        Do a "acoustic pickup" search and many online music outlets will pop up. Amazon too.
        Slug1--out

        ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

          I posted this on FB today as I was thinking about how I want to personalize the guitar I will put together.

          Here is the concept/idea that I have for a parts caster guitar I'm resourcing. This will be on the head stock. The CIB will be an actual miniature badge that I will inlay and I'll decal the words on either side.
          Thoughts, ideas?

          Attached Files
          Slug1--out

          ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

            Originally posted by Fenris View Post
            I am in awe of people who are creative, especially musically. I myself do not have this gift and find it amazing when a person creates beautiful music out of nothingness.

            No questions, no guitars, just appreciation.
            So am I, in awe of actual musicians. I literally only noodle around in guitar
            Slug1--out

            ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

              What kind of neck are you thinking about using , solid maple , rosewood fret board ? I have played a Warmoth strat neck that was so very nice . http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/...armothPro.aspx

              Lots of options on Warmoth necks .

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                Originally posted by Jollyrogers View Post
                I got a 12 string acoustic that I want to put a pickup in, would love to hear some recommendations. I want as little surgery as possible but not a fan of the piezo ones that go in under the saddle.
                Other players on a forum I used to go on raved about K and K pick-ups . http://www.kksound.com/
                All my guitars have the under saddle pickups which with a good preamp can be helped in the tone department .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                  Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                  What kind of neck are you thinking about using , solid maple , rosewood fret board ? I have played a Warmoth strat neck that was so very nice . http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/...armothPro.aspx

                  Lots of options on Warmoth necks .
                  Since this is my first guitar build I did not go high end in pricing. I got my strat neck on ebay for $55. I have to do some fret leveling, fret end work, but other than that, the neck is good to go.
                  Slug1--out

                  ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                    Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                    Other players on a forum I used to go on raved about K and K pick-ups . http://www.kksound.com/
                    All my guitars have the under saddle pickups which with a good preamp can be helped in the tone department .
                    I went with a set of Warman (out of the UK - used their Ebay store) Tennessee Revival humbuckers and 1 Peacemaker, which is a single coil sized humbucker. The guitar is a HSH route and I will be able to coil tap each humbucker also.
                    Slug1--out

                    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                      Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                      Since this is my first guitar build I did not go high end in pricing. I got my strat neck on ebay for $55. I have to do some fret leveling, fret end work, but other than that, the neck is good to go.
                      Yes at that price point I would expect to do some fret work. Those sharp fret end can be rough on the hands !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                        Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                        I went with a set of Warman (out of the UK - used their Ebay store) Tennessee Revival humbuckers and 1 Peacemaker, which is a single coil sized humbucker. The guitar is a HSH route and I will be able to coil tap each humbucker also.
                        Lots of tonal variety to be had with that set-up . I have a Fender 1986 Japanese Tele with SSH set-up and 3 mini switches to get all the combos .

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                          Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                          Lots of tonal variety to be had with that set-up . I have a Fender 1986 Japanese Tele with SSH set-up and 3 mini switches to get all the combos .
                          Yep, doing the same with 3 mini toggles. I went with a TS body, so a tele body but the strat HSH route. The body is the last part I'm waiting for. Ordered from Rosser Guitars out of North Carolina.
                          Slug1--out

                          ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread



                            One of my builds. 1981 Rosewood neck, Fender noiseless PUP’s and a humbucker from an old Gretch.

                            Weighs in at 8.7lbs.
                            Attached Files
                            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

                              Originally posted by keck553 View Post


                              One of my builds. 1981 Rosewood neck, Fender noiseless PUP’s and a humbucker from an old Gretch.

                              Weighs in at 8.7lbs.
                              Looks like a three piece solid body, so all routing from the backside for the pots/switch/wiring?
                              Slug1--out

                              ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X