Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

(BtW, still waiting on the guitar body, still need blue dye, and knobs, think that's it and will begin the build)
    Originally posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Please start a different thread. I’d like to know what’s going on here.
    Kech and I began a conversation awhile back about guitars. I saw his avatar pic at the time and asked him if the guitar was a Gibson Goldtop. This led to me asking more questions about wiring and guitar building.

Over the last few months, I've begun resourcing all the parts and I'm down to the few parts still needed, mainly the body is being CnCed (still on order) and should be ready maybe mid May. Then the building and creating begins on what will be called my - Grunt-Caster

So... anyone else want to show off guitars they own or built or ask questions?
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Re: Guitar building, ahhhh Guitar anything thread

I am in awe of people who are creative, especially musically. I myself do not have this gift and find it amazing when a person creates beautiful music out of nothingness.

No questions, no guitars, just appreciation.

Comment

I got a 12 string acoustic that I want to put a pickup in, would love to hear some recommendations. I want as little surgery as possible but not a fan of the piezo ones that go in under the saddle.
      ὁ ̓Ιησοῦς κύριος

Comment

Originally posted by Jollyrogers View Post
        I got a 12 string acoustic that I want to put a pickup in, would love to hear some recommendations. I want as little surgery as possible but not a fan of the piezo ones that go in under the saddle.
        I know there are acoustic pickups that attached to the hole under the strings.

Do a "acoustic pickup" search and many online music outlets will pop up. Amazon too.
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I posted this on FB today as I was thinking about how I want to personalize the guitar I will put together.

Here is the concept/idea that I have for a parts caster guitar I'm resourcing. This will be on the head stock. The CIB will be an actual miniature badge that I will inlay and I'll decal the words on either side.
          Thoughts, ideas?

Attached Files
          Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
            I am in awe of people who are creative, especially musically. I myself do not have this gift and find it amazing when a person creates beautiful music out of nothingness.

No questions, no guitars, just appreciation.
            So am I, in awe of actual musicians. I literally only noodle around in guitar
            Slug1--out

Comment

What kind of neck are you thinking about using , solid maple , rosewood fret board ? I have played a Warmoth strat neck that was so very nice . http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/...armothPro.aspx

Lots of options on Warmoth necks .

Comment

Originally posted by Jollyrogers View Post
                Other players on a forum I used to go on raved about K and K pick-ups . http://www.kksound.com/
                All my guitars have the under saddle pickups which with a good preamp can be helped in the tone department .

Comment

Originally posted by hawkman View Post
                  What kind of neck are you thinking about using , solid maple , rosewood fret board ? I have played a Warmoth strat neck that was so very nice . http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/...armothPro.aspx

Lots of options on Warmoth necks .
                  Since this is my first guitar build I did not go high end in pricing. I got my strat neck on ebay for $55. I have to do some fret leveling, fret end work, but other than that, the neck is good to go.
                  Slug1--out

Comment

Other players on a forum I used to go on raved about K and K pick-ups . http://www.kksound.com/
                    All my guitars have the under saddle pickups which with a good preamp can be helped in the tone department .
                    I went with a set of Warman (out of the UK - used their Ebay store) Tennessee Revival humbuckers and 1 Peacemaker, which is a single coil sized humbucker. The guitar is a HSH route and I will be able to coil tap each humbucker also.
                    Slug1--out

Comment

Since this is my first guitar build I did not go high end in pricing. I got my strat neck on ebay for $55. I have to do some fret leveling, fret end work, but other than that, the neck is good to go.
                      Yes at that price point I would expect to do some fret work. Those sharp fret end can be rough on the hands !

Comment

I went with a set of Warman (out of the UK - used their Ebay store) Tennessee Revival humbuckers and 1 Peacemaker, which is a single coil sized humbucker. The guitar is a HSH route and I will be able to coil tap each humbucker also.
                        Lots of tonal variety to be had with that set-up . I have a Fender 1986 Japanese Tele with SSH set-up and 3 mini switches to get all the combos .

Comment

Lots of tonal variety to be had with that set-up . I have a Fender 1986 Japanese Tele with SSH set-up and 3 mini switches to get all the combos .
                          Yep, doing the same with 3 mini toggles. I went with a TS body, so a tele body but the strat HSH route. The body is the last part I'm waiting for. Ordered from Rosser Guitars out of North Carolina.
                          Slug1--out

Comment

One of my builds. 1981 Rosewood neck, Fender noiseless PUP’s and a humbucker from an old Gretch.

Weighs in at 8.7lbs.
                            Attached Files
                            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post

One of my builds. 1981 Rosewood neck, Fender noiseless PUP’s and a humbucker from an old Gretch.

Weighs in at 8.7lbs.
                              Looks like a three piece solid body, so all routing from the backside for the pots/switch/wiring?
                              Slug1--out

Comment

Working...
                              X