I would like to suggest a new forum for those of us that can't read KJV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to suggest a new forum for those of us that can't read KJV

More and more people on here are using KJV..more are doing it to respond to those that do use it because they won't accept scripture from any other translation. I can't read KJV. I have dyslexia and though I was raised using it and had to memorize many scriptures from it, most of its just gibberish to me. If a new post is put up in KJV I can look that up on bible gateway and read it there in an understandable translation, then reply but if its many posts with many scriptures in KJV I can't read those or get anything out of the thread. Sometimes I like reading just to learn something and its becoming more and more impossible with more and more using KJV scripture on here. So I am just wondering if a forum for bible study can be made for those of us that cannot read KJV. Thanks.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: I would like to suggest a new forum for those of us that can't read KJV

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
    More and more people on here are using KJV..more are doing it to respond to those that do use it because they won't accept scripture from any other translation. I can't read KJV. I have dyslexia and though I was raised using it and had to memorize many scriptures from it, most of its just gibberish to me. If a new post is put up in KJV I can look that up on bible gateway and read it there in an understandable translation, then reply but if its many posts with many scriptures in KJV I can't read those or get anything out of the thread. Sometimes I like reading just to learn something and its becoming more and more impossible with more and more using KJV scripture on here. So I am just wondering if a forum for bible study can be made for those of us that cannot read KJV. Thanks.

God bless
    God bless you sister! I don't want to hijack your thread but I wanted to tell you that I'm praying for a resolution to your problem. I'm an NIVer myself.
    Psalm 19:14
    Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X