This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Idea's

If we have a Chaplain we could have an Ask a Chaplain forum or subforum.

Some subforums for Recovery: Caregivers & Family Support, Struggles with Sexuality, Survivors of Crimes, 12 steps, Pregnancy Loss Support, Substance Abuse, Survivors of Sexual Assault, Alcohol Abuse, General Struggles.

Maybe a Mental Health forum with subforums: ADHD/ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Self-Esteem,
    Anxiety & Panic Disorders, Borderline Personality Disorder, General Mental Health, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Self-Injury Support, Autism & Aspergers, Depression, Grief Support, Schizophrenia,

Also maybe a physical health forum with subforums: Allergies, Chonic Pain, Neurology (thats a big one for me), Cardiology, Diabetes & Endocrine,
    Oncology (also another big one for me), Respiratory, Chronic Disease, General Physical Health, Physically Challenged

Re: Idea's

Hello DK

Thanks for the advice.

All our moderators are equipped ministers here. They are all able to assist anyone wanting a Chaplin type to minister to them.

We cannot accommodate all the specifics you have listed. We are not a counselling service. To do so would mean we'd be taking on huge liability in the event of bad counsel. What we do offer is prayer-prayer-prayer, with guidance.

Lastly, any medical advice needs only be disseminated by professional health practitioners. There are lots of great sites that do that
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
      Hello DK

Thanks for the advice.
      Your welcome

All our moderators are equipped ministers here. They are all able to assist anyone wanting a Chaplin type to minister to them.
      Okay

We cannot accommodate all the specifics you have listed. We are not a counselling service. To do so would mean we'd be taking on huge liability in the event of bad counsel. What we do offer is prayer-prayer-prayer, with guidance.
      I didn't mean we all have to be counselors but as human we all have problems and health issues and if we had forums like these we could come and give advice as patients or a friend to led a shoulder or say prayers. For example.. I have hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and if I posted my story maybe someone could give me some advice on handling the headaches even tho there not professionals they might know someone or them themselves might have something that helps.

Lastly, any medical advice needs only be disseminated by professional health practitioners. There are lots of great sites that do that
      I understand if its serious they need to contact a professional in that field but it would hurt to know your not alone in areas and to be able to talk to someone who's going through the same thing. Thank you for responding and hope it didn't sound like I am mad. I am not Just trying to understand.

God Bless you,

Daughter Kristina

Comment

I need you to do on thing for me please. I want you to go and post about who God is to you and how much He means to you. Post about your faith in Christ and participate in the discussion but please don't try to manage these boards or administrate. We have a very capable staff here to do that.

Thank You
        Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Working...
        X