Profile Viewing, including viewing my own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Profile Viewing, including viewing my own

I'm not really clear on the reason a new person (Christian) is not allowed to view profiles in the first however long time period, including the one they created for themselves. I don't think I can even look to see what my profile looks like to others because other than to edit it, I can't access it. Isn't this just a wee bit OTT? Is there a really great reason for making me wait to see my profile and the profiles of the people I'm getting to know via the forum?

Thanks,
    Kim

Re: Profile Viewing, including viewing my own

There was a time when immediately, folks could see the profile and leave visitor messages and things. Then some really bad people, and I mean really bad ones, found out how to access the profiles and replace the profile picture or put awful stuff in place of it.

So we found it best to have a 'waiting period' because that kind usually jumps on and leaves us with a mess to clean up. It is really for the safety of our members that we do this.

Sorry for the inconvenience, mrsarnold. It won't take long. Please be patient with our system. And us.

Is there something I can check for you in your profile? I'd be happy to help in any way I can.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Re: Profile Viewing, including viewing my own

Can anyone tell me what happened to a poster who went by Bible2? Did he/she just stop posting...change handle/nickname...etc.,etc.
      Really enjoyed reading their comments.
      I think their last post was on Oct 28th 2011, 11:18 PM in a thread titled "mark of the beast".

Comment

Working...
      X