I think we need an old folks forum since we have a young adult forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we need an old folks forum since we have a young adult forum

For those of us getting up there in age...

Ok I just get annoyed seeing threads on the young adult forum that I can't post on... cause I am old and cranky...

We could talk about our 45 records...disco and bell bottom jeans! ha...
    God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Yeah!
    A place for us geezers. (You don’t qualify, Moonglow.)

I miss my gramophone...

... what was your question again?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard H View Post
      Yeah!
      A place for us geezers. (You don’t qualify, Moonglow.)

I miss my gramophone...

... what was your question again?
      how do you know I don't qualify??

I have a cane!!

ok I don't...but I do have a rockin chair...

"People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

....and anyone younger than what age couldn't post? 45? 50?

Seriously, a need for that forum would need to be demonstrated - and besides, we can post in all forums other than the Young Adult forum...discussing our aches & pains, prescriptions, metamucil (I'm not quite there yet!), 45's, bell bottoms, disco balls - all the fun things of our youth.
        Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
          how do you know I don't qualify??

I have a cane!!

ok I don't...but I do have a rockin chair...

What??? No, I Don't like that rock music either.

...this reminds me of when I was a boy and ...

...zzzZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Momof5 View Post
            ....and anyone younger than what age couldn't post? 45? 50?

Seriously, a need for that forum would need to be demonstrated - and besides, we can post in all forums other than the Young Adult forum...discussing our aches & pains, prescriptions, metamucil (I'm not quite there yet!), 45's, bell bottoms, disco balls - all the fun things of our youth.
            lol....I know but do the young ones want to hear us talking about that stuff? see we would be protecting them...lol
            ...this reminds me of when I was a boy and ...

...zzzZZZ

Comment

Yeah!! Me too... I got reprimanded for answering on the "Young and the Restless"....Oh, excuse me....that was waaaay back, long time ago. LOL

But, seriously, I was told that it seemed I was a "tad" above the 25 yr. old or younger requirement....Can you believe that?~~~~!!!!!

See, I'd have known better, if the instruction guide was in "large print"
              John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Originally posted by livingwaters View Post
                Yeah!! Me too... I got reprimanded for answering on the "Young and the Restless"....Oh, excuse me....that was waaaay back, long time ago. LOL

But, seriously, I was told that it seemed I was a "tad" above the 25 yr. old or younger requirement....Can you believe that?~~~~!!!!!

See, I'd have known better, if the instruction guide was in "large print"
                too funny...

Well the thing is I would bet the young adults can post their post nearly anywhere on the board too! But they get this forum just for them...which I don't understand actually.... I will look tomorrow and see why they need this form just for them so I can figure out why us 'older' members need a form just for us too... (maybe we need larger print!..I know I had to go get reading glasses just to read this board!!!! )

Anyway I am too tired to investigate right now..past my bedtime... (yea a whole 11 minutes after ten! ugh! )

God bless

Comment

Zzz.. (uhgh?) …Oh, Yes. I remember now.
                  When I was a boy I lived near the railroad tracks. We were always told not to play around the trains, but I wasn’t scared.
                  One day I decided to run away. I was mad at my folks, but not really all that mad. Still, I wanted to be selfish and the best thing I could think of was to run away. It turned out that my friend, Peter was also mad at his folks, so we decided to run away together.

We got together some sandwiches and went down to a sitting freight train. Sometimes they would park a train there on one of the tracks, while they did some work on the tracks elsewhere.
                  Anyway, we went down and climbed onto one of the coal cars. The coal car had a platform on either end of the car, because the hopper was larger at the top and smaller at the bottom.

We sat there waiting for the train to start moving – taking us away from our “mean” parents and on toward adventure. We waited and waited.
                  Finally, Peter ate one of his sandwiches and I eyed mine, but I wanted to save them for when I got really hungry. So we waited some more.

Peter, was never one for sitting still too often, so he decided to go back home. The metal platform of the coal car was getting uncomfortable and it was getting dark. I sat there for another half hour and gave up on the train moving any time soon. So I gave up and went home – thinking of how much trouble I had avoided by not ending up in Albany and having to call my folks to come and get me.

Now shoo. Let me git some rest! <grumble grumble>

Comment

The young guys downtown call me Pops. The older fellows call me Son.
                    Older gals call me Sweety. Younger gals call me Sir.

Call me undefineable!

Comment

Originally posted by SFASH View Post
                      The young guys downtown call me Pops. The older fellows call me Son.

Call me undefineable!
                      Ahhh...We, on these forums, will call you precious
                      ~ My testimony~

Comment

A forum for us older folk (say, 40+ as a rough ballpark figure) gets my vote.

Comment

What about us tweenies?

Honestly at 32 I have more in common with the under 25s than the 40 plus.

Generation X!! Represent! We are the smallest genertaion apprently.

Comment

39....But after 20 years of Government employ and 11 as a manager, I am definitely aging much more rapidly than my peers.

Bring on the Age forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethany67 View Post
                              A forum for us older folk (say, 40+ as a rough ballpark figure) gets my vote.
                              Yea around 40..45 and up...

David161099 What about us tweenies?

Honestly at 32 I have more in common with the under 25s than the 40 plus.

Generation X!! Represent! We are the smallest genertaion apprently.
                              See they need to raise the age limit in the young adults forum....

Richard H..I am now blind trying to read that tiny print in your post...

SFASH The young guys downtown call me Pops. The older fellows call me Son.

Call me undefineable!
                              That's why they call it 'middle age'....

Comment

Working...
                              X