Adverts in posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adverts in posts.

At what point did advertisements start appearing in our forum posts?

I just had one pop up in one of mine for a dating agency for finding women from Thailand. I'm married!
    Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Re: Adverts in posts.

I think this might be in the wrong forum. Sorry if so.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Comment

Since this is the "Suggestions" forum let me be the first to suggest you install an adblocker.
      24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
      I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
      I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
      1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MyRock View Post
        At what point did advertisements start appearing in our forum posts?

I just had one pop up in one of mine for a dating agency for finding women from Thailand. I'm married!
        We unfortunately have limited power over what advert is shown...
        Sorry about that.
        Luckily not all adverts are like that

We'll see what we can do about selecting the adverts running on the forum...
        The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
        God plants in our hearts
        to remind us
        there are better things ahead.
        -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by Ta-An View Post
          We unfortunately have limited power over what advert is shown...
          Sorry about that.
          Luckily not all adverts are like that

We'll see what we can do about selecting the adverts running on the forum...
          Adverts on dating sites has been blocked....
          The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
          God plants in our hearts
          to remind us
          -Holley Gerth

Comment

There's an advert banner at the top now for the Mormons. It says "I learned more about Jesus Christ by reading the book of Mormon"

Comment

Unfortunately "Mormonism" falls in the category of "Religion"
              We are allowing adverts on the forum since we have lost the support for hosting the Forum.
              Thus to keep the membership Free, we had to come up with a plan.... we are still in the process of sorting through the settings.... but ...
              Sorry about that advert.... yet as I said...it falls in the category of Religion....
              The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
              God plants in our hearts
              to remind us
              -Holley Gerth

Comment

Oh that's fine! I didn't realise that we lost support!

This place is still a blessing!

Comment

The very best way to avoid ever seeing any ads online again (even on Facebook) is to 1. install Firefox, and 2. install Firefox's adblocker. I'm happy to walk anyone through this.

Comment

Originally posted by psyche643 View Post
                    The very best way to avoid ever seeing any ads online again (even on Facebook) is to 1. install Firefox, and 2. install Firefox's adblocker. I'm happy to walk anyone through this.
                    I suppose that is fine..... yet we need the support to keep this forum open
                    The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                    God plants in our hearts
                    to remind us
                    -Holley Gerth

Comment

Originally posted by Ta-An View Post
                      I suppose that is fine..... yet we need the support to keep this forum open
                      If people want to allow ads from a specific site I'm sure there are ways to do it.

I installed ad blockers based on ever-more intrusive advertising (before there were ads here) where some sites I frequented seemed to have more space devoted to advertising than the stated purpose of the site, where the ads took longer to load than the rest of the site, and where just about everything was getting brighter and louder to the point they heavily detracted from the experience of the site. Rather than pay every single site for a membership (which in many cases offered no benefit except the removal of the ads) I used a free add-on to filter them all out.

When a site offers a useful benefit for a paid membership I'm happy to consider whether paying is worthwhile. When all they do is put more and more in-yer-face adverts all over everything and then invite me to pay to make the ads go away I won't play that game as a matter of principle.
                      24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                      I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                      I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                      1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Here's a little nugget that just popped up now.

This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

SEEKING....I personally have never seen any adverts like that
                          The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                          God plants in our hearts
                          to remind us
                          -Holley Gerth

Comment

@ tango

We'll not charge membership....we are looking into other ways for funding at the moment .....

The adverts that I see are Messianic Bible, KJV Bible downloads, Scripture memory, Kingdom Vision .... etc.

Don't click on the "nuggets" as SEEKING calls them... But there are some really helpful ones I have visited...

Apologies for the harsh ones
                            The LORD is my Miracle

Hope is a seed
                            God plants in our hearts
                            to remind us
                            -Holley Gerth

Comment

I've got an advert now on how to fix a s l o w c o mp u t er!

Comment

Working...
                              X