Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone worry about their pets after the rapture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone worry about their pets after the rapture?

I'm sure this sounds like a crazy question, but I have thought about this. I have 3 indoor cats. I always try and make sure their food dispenser is full, and the water reservoir in their automatic water fountain is full. There won't be anyone in my house to take care of them once the rapture happens. I'll be in a better place, but what about them.

Re: Does anyone worry about their pets after the rapture?

I've thought about this too. I think in your cats case somebody would probably break in to your house at some stage, and they'd probably get out, or be taken to a sanctuary.

But the thing is, we do know that whatever God does He does for good. I worry about the unsaved humans left behind, as well as my animals... cat, guinea pig, the chickens especially (my chickens live in a coop on the allotment... if I'm gone I'm sure some of the other allottees will come along and put them in the pot.) But I do know that what happens will be for the best.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Originally posted by catlover View Post
      I'm sure this sounds like a crazy question, but I have thought about this. I have 3 indoor cats. I always try and make sure their food dispenser is full, and the water reservoir in their automatic water fountain is full. There won't be anyone in my house to take care of them once the rapture happens. I'll be in a better place, but what about them.
      I think this is a good question...I talked about it on the end times form because it really bothered me and got balked at. The thing is the bible states God does care about all of His creations and I couldn't image millions of animals being left behind to suffer through what I was raised to believe...fires, earthquakes, poisoned water, war and so forth. Being raised pre-trib raptures those left behind will be too busy trying to survive and won't have the resources, money or time to take care of anyone's pets.

What brought this all to my mind was watching that Left Behind movies with a dog wandering alone in an airport...a dog sitting by his owner who was gone except for their clothes and belongings. Very distrubing.

I worried about my pets too. I couldn't image God neglecting them. So because of this (among other reasons) I started looking into different end time views.

I am now partial Preterist...I no longer dread the tribulation because there is too much evidence of it happening to the first century Christians. All that is left is the return of Christ Himself. Here is a website you can look through if you are interested..if not, that is ok of course:http://mikeblume.com/prophecy.htm

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

you know, I had thought about people breaking into my house and them getting out. Being de-clawed, they won't be able to get away from dogs and what-not. And one of my cats is blind. You are right, though, whatever God does He does for good.

Comment

I will check out the preterist site. I know it is talked about alot in other threads, but I've never really known what they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by catlover View Post
            I will check out the preterist site. I know it is talked about alot in other threads, but I've never really known what they were talking about.
            Ok..yea and feel free to ask me any questions too of course.

I know people think we are being too soft when it comes to our pets... But I guess they'll just have to get over it won't they?

God bless
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I have thought about this from time to time. Of course my dog will be 16 next month so I don't know that that will be an issue.

I look at it this way. Our God knows everything. He knows who His children are and He knows who our pets are too.

I think He'd take care of them one way or another.

That's the best I can come up with.

Jeanne
              Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

I've seen websites that have some sort of arrangements made with non-believers to provide post-rapture pet care. Most of them have looked like jokes ("give us your money, you crazy gullible religious people"), but if you're really worried about it maybe you could do some research and find one that you feel is trustworthy. This one appears more legitimate than others I've seen, but I just Googled it as an example; I haven't looked closely.
                Last edited by miepie; Nov 15 2010, 07:16 AM. Reason: edited out spam link
                Give me one pure and holy passion
                Give me one magnificent obsession
                Give me one glorious ambition for my life:
                To know and follow hard after You.

Comment

NONE of them are trustworthy. The one you mention was set up by an atheist to make money out of Christians. There is no evidence that they would actually keep their promises come the rapture. Don't give them your money, it would just amuse them.
                  Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Why not pray about it and trust God to do the rest?

Jeanne
                    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

Comment

Hi Catlover -

We have two large dogs and four cats. We've always had pets - and I used to be very concerned about them if we were to suddenly disappear. God gave me peace about it. If we have taken on the stewardship of caring for His creatures, He will certainly not allow them to suffer harm when we have been "taken up". After all, they are His creatures. I believe there are animals in heaven (I know many people don't) so who's to say our pets who are with us when we disappear from earth won't just disappear with us?

V
                      I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                      - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOfPray View Post
                        I've seen websites that have some sort of arrangements made with non-believers to provide post-rapture pet care. Most of them have looked like jokes ("give us your money, you crazy gullible religious people"), but if you're really worried about it maybe you could do some research and find one that you feel is trustworthy. This one appears more legitimate than others I've seen, but I just Googled it as an example; I haven't looked closely.
                        Wow..that is just..not even sane. Don't really have the words for it but I would listen to daughter on this.

I mean think about it...IF there was a rapture, and half the people on this planet suddenly disappeared there would be total and complete chaos. Like some of the books I have read said..cars would wreck all over the place from their drivers disappearing, planes might crash, trains, all sort of unexpected things would happen. People left behind would be in a total and complete panic! The last thing they would be thinking about is saving someone's pet. Money would be meaningless at this point in time. Surviving would be number one.

Then the tribulation...1/3 of the world on fire, meteor's falling out of the sky, smashing building, homes to bits, earth quakes wiping out mountains, islands disappearing, roads cracked in half..people wouldn't even be able to drive anywhere....many think nuclear war will happen...I could post some rather graphic video's tribulation believers have made on here to get my point across, but the point is...no one would have the ability to go around saving others pets.

There is a show on the history channel called 'Life after people' that shows what happens to things and animals if there were no more people. Most of our pets cannot survive on their own...we have bred them in such a way, they are completely dependant on us. Especially the smaller pure bred dogs. If they got out of their homes or apartments it will literally be the survival of the fitness. My cats could possibly survive...but not with hell fire and brimstone falling from the sky. My dog wouldn't at all I don't think.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                          If we have taken on the stewardship of caring for His creatures, He will certainly not allow them to suffer harm when we have been "taken up".
                          V
                          agreed. He tells us in His Word that when a sparrow falls from the sky, He knows it. That's not to say that our precious animals won't suffer in this dead and fallen world, but there are just some things I have to give over to Him and let him worry about! This is one of them....
                          "Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you..."
                          Acts 26:16

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty.But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up..."
                          daniel 3

http://jason-beth-babynickel.blogspot.com/

Comment

Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!" Rev. 6:6 I believe this is the Lord's wy of lettig us know that there will be no animals on earth during the tribulation. Because if there was any kind of meat available grains ad oil nd wne would not be the measure of expenses meat would as it is today.

Comment

I would certainly like to believe that our pets are in heaven, If not, the Lord can do anything so maybe if I ask Him, He'll let me see my dog again.
                              The thought of never seeing her again is just too heartbreaking.

Jeanne

Comment

Working...
                              X