Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce. YUMMY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce. YUMMY!

I made a dish for our family Christmas that we haven't had in quite a few years, and it was a BIG hit with the whole family. Even grandchildren who had never had it before loved it. Its my old fashioned Bread pudding. I thought I'd share the recipe. Its easy, quick, and the ingredients are things we all usually have on hand.

Old Fashioned Bread Pudding

2 cups milk (I like half and half for my Bread Pudding)

cup butter or margarine
    2 eggs, slightly beaten
    cup sugar

1 teas. ground cinnamon
    1/4 teas. salt
    6 cups soft bread cubes (about 6 slices, cut into cubes, (I like to use rolls rather than white bread, but either will do)
    cup raisins, if desired

1- 1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 2 quart sauce pan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot. Do not boil.

2- 2- In a large bowl, mix beaten eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in heated milk mixture. Pour into an ungreased deep pan, or bake in a 9 X 13 in baking dish like I do. (It gets done faster in the long baking dish.)

3- 3- Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and knife inserted an inch from the edge comes out clean. Serve warm just as it is, or drizzle with caramel sauce. (Recipe below)

Caramel Sauce for Bread Pudding

1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed.
    cup half and half milk

2 tablespoons butter or margarine (I/4 cup)

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

Combine all ingredients in heavy sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Serve warm over Bread Pudding, baked apples or ice cream. (Makes 1 cup)

(Some people use a vanilla sauce over the Bread Pudding, but I always liked the Caramel sauce. Simply drizzle it over the top before serving.)

My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Re: Bread Pudding With Caramel Sauce. YUMMY!

I am salivating as I read. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This sounds so good!

Comment

This brought back good memories from my childhood days
        The LORD is my Miracle

G_d was gracious He has shown favor

Hope is a seed
        God plants in our hearts
        to remind us
        there are better things ahead.
        -Holley Gerth

Comment

Working...
        X