When to exercise??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: When to exercise??

Did an hour of kickboxing today. Hope you ladies have a happy Mothers Day tomorrow.

Comment

Hi ladies!! Just checking to see how the workouts are coming along. I took a break for a while, but am going to get an hour of kickboxing in today. Have a great weekend gals!!

Comment

Good for you, KD... just cause life gets in the way sometimes doesn't mean we can't jump back on track!

I've not been getting as much exercising in as I'd like, but have been doing Pilates fairly regularly! Business has been booming to say the least, and on top of that just this past week has had my daughter turning 21 and my son graduating HS on the same day, my husband's birthday is tomorrow - and of course the annual big family BBQ on Monday (my MIL has 11 siblings - most of whom live here with they're kids and grandkids, and in a few cases - great grandkids).

Thankfully next week looks to be pretty regular (starting Tuesday, of course), so I plan to amp things up more then.
        “Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better”...Andre Gide

http://www.andreenharris.com

Comment

this is something I have been researching and experiencing since about 2009. The thing I've found is like the first lady that replied to you, just do it, is the important thing. I only walk 2 miles a day (usually 5 out of 7 days, give or take. But I also found that drinking water is very important (I hated water) and especially, the first thing when I get out of bed, drink at least 8 ounces, don't flood yourself. But water is important in getting all your organs ready for the day after "fasting" all night.

I belong to a free site called my fitness pal, I get nothing for advertising the site, I just love it because so many topics to read, as well as a wonderfully easy food and exercise diary. After a lot of research, well, over time as I had to try things to find my own "pace", I realized I needed about 1400 calories per day to lose 1/2 pound a week. This actually works. And, I eat all kinds of foods, mostly proteins, carbs, vegies, fruits and dairy (mom's way ya know 5 basics.

when you exercise, especially weight resistance, like say a lunge, you build muscle, muscle burns more fat than anything else. The other thing I will mention so I don't ramble on, is that our body needs good fats. I believed the lie that if I didn't eat fats I wouldn't be fat. It's portions. So my best friends (inanimate objects) are my food-scale, measuring cups, and measuring spoons

I can talk about fitness and nutrition all day, no degree, not a doctor, but I pass on what I have learned by doing I just don't think there are hard and fast rules when to eat or when to exercise. Every body is different. So like me, you can try finding your own pace. Oh yes, a measuring tape is way more accurate then a bathroom scale

God bless!! Denise

Comment

this is excellent, you find your pace, what works for you I used to think I was failing because I didn't spend hours at the gym, but I was doing great The gym is just not my thing. I admire ladies that work out for long periods, and love it! But I have to find what I love and what I am excited about doing each day. That turned out to be walking! I also love swimming but right now it is too expensive to run back and forth to the Y in town

Good for you Jeanne and thank you for sharing, denise

Comment

For me the best time is in the evening. But it also depends on what exercise you are doing.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercis...me-to-exercise

Comment

Have any of you tried Zumba? I love it!! Really works all muscle groups and is a lot of fun. I love to dance so this is a great workout for me.

Comment

A little quiet around here.

Comment

Regarding cholesterol. Drinking a mug of grapefruit juice each day, and cutting out all salt and sugar lowered my cholesterol dramatically - but after some time it also encouraged arthritic pain, so I left off the juice but continue 'no salt and no sugar'. Apart from RARE treats.
                    Also I stopped eating red meat, and have been obliged to have a diet free of gluten and dairy food for many years

I would say that exercising is a matter of preference. ( I exercise in the morning but then that is just my preference)
                    Last edited by Frances; Apr 7th 2016, 08:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention long time lack of dairy and gluten.

Comment

Working...
                    X