Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something CRAZY I wanted to run past you ladies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something CRAZY I wanted to run past you ladies!

This is crazy in a wonderful way, and I think it'll work.

My fiance and I were planning a spring wedding.... but we've realized that, chances are, we'll BOTH be running around with job related stuff then, and we REALLY wanted a wedding in cooler weather. So..... we're getting married on December 23rd of this year.

It seems to have worked out REALLY well.... amazingly well....

- We've both prayed about it, are totally comfortable with it, and want it to go forward this soon.
    - We've spoken to our respective pastors, Christian friends and family members, and we have support!
    - I fit perfectly into my mom's wedding dress.
    - My pastor back home is absolutely free on December 23rd, and EVERYONE we want there will be in the city because it's Christmastime.
    - All 4 of our grandparents will, God willing, be present and able to see everything happen. (My grandma is currently very sick, his has alzheimers... neither of us wanted to wait much longer.)
    - My grandparents have a nice sized house. Not huge, but very open. We're doing a small buffet/reception thing there, and it'll look wonderful all decorated for Christmas.
    - I'm not due back here at school until January 6th, so the two of us can have more than a week together.
    - His job can transfer him closer to me so we can spend every weekend together.
    - ALL of our parents are off or available that day (Dec 23), and a LOT of the week before, to help. My dad oddly enough took the week before Christmas off work "because he felt like it" (he never does) and my mom says she can get a good bit of it off. His parents are also more or less free.
    - I love the date because the 23rd of every month is our "month-a-versary".
    - Not that I'd base everything on this, but with family being so wonderful and us keeping everything really low-key.... the cost is MUCH lower than we thought.

All that's left right now is an insane amount of paperwork, updated everything, and then the countdown!

What do you ladies think? Am I NUTS to be getting married in a month and a half?
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Nope - go for it!

Comment

It sounds perfect. When Neil and I got married we did it quickly... in fact, six weeks after we decided. So, a month and a half has the thumbs up from me. (No thumbs up sign, what's up with that?)
      Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

How wonderfully romantic and exciting and fun and just...WOW....

I'm so very very happy for you....sounds just perfect to me....

Comment

Not crazy at all! Go for it!!
          Come unto me all that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Comment

It sounds like this is the right time for the two of you to get married.
            Everything is in place (pretty much).
            Go for it and God bless you both!

Jeanne
            Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

A man's hand in the women's well! I'm reporting this!

I'm excited for you.
              .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
              .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

I think that is great! I am SO happy for you.... I never thought long engagements were a good idea...alot of stress actually. So yea..go for it! yahoo!

Takes tons of pictures and post them on here!!!

God bless
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Awwwww, thanks ladies! I am SO excited. I was talking to my fiance tonight and the first thing he blurted out was "EEEEE YAY I GET TO MARRY YOU SOON!" The girls on my floor officially think I'm a melted mushpot.... and they're right!

Warren Barfield

Comment

Nope! We moved ours up 6 months - got married in April and had our reception in October. We are SO happy that we did - I can't imagine having had to wait 6 more months to live with him and call him my husband! It sounds like you are ready - and the quicker, less planned event was much nicer for us!

Comment

Originally posted by melbel816 View Post
                      Nope! We moved ours up 6 months - got married in April and had our reception in October. We are SO happy that we did - I can't imagine having had to wait 6 more months to live with him and call him my husband! It sounds like you are ready - and the quicker, less planned event was much nicer for us!
                      that's really good to know. I have NEVER wanted a huge wedding. And neither does he. We're just having our families and closest friends attend. There will be 30 or 40 people there, and that's it. And that's exactly the perfect number for us. We're definitely ready. I can't wait to call him my husband.

Warren Barfield

Comment

We did it - married 6 weeks after we got engaged. It really wasn't that difficult. Many people these days put way too much thought/work into their wedding and not enough into their marriage. Yes, that one day is special, but it is the rest of your lives together that really matter!

Best Wishes!!!
                        Mommy to Brooke, Braden and Bristol

Comment

Aww that sounds wonderful! *isnt married yet* When God tells you that he is the one.. GO FOR IT! lol...
                          God Bless You,

Cathy

There is surely a future hope for you,
                          and your hope will not be cut off.
                          - Proverbs 23:18

Comment

Originally posted by melbel816 View Post

That's an interesting concept...married in April and reception in October...

Did you wear your wedding dress to the reception ???? Or was it just like an ordinary party.

I've never heard of a delayed reception before.......interesting

Comment

We had a second reception (no cake or wedding attire though) in Iowa since most of his family couldn't make it to the wedding in November. We did that in December when we were up there for New Year's.

I think the whole city of Rock Rapids showed up for it! There were SO many people to meet.
                              "People aren't confused by the gospel...
                              They're confused by us.
                              Jesus is the only way to God,
                              But we are not the only way to Jesus.
                              This word world doesn't need my tie, my hoodie,
                              My denomination or my translation of the Bible.
                              They just need Jesus...
                              Jesus is going to save the world,
                              But, maybe, the best thing we can do
                              Is just get out of the way."

~"What This World Needs"~
                              ~Casting Crowns ~

Tradition doesn't save you, Christ does.
                              Don't strap yourself to the Gospel.

Comment

Working...
                              X