Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible study

Hi girls!

I am currently studying the book of John with my hubby, and because we take it slow, 1 chapter per night, and going deeper into it than before, I discover such amazing things! I now take notes and I love reading them back! I used to "just" put the meaning of words in my Bible, but knowing where something is in the Bible, like a town, or how much a measurement is, brings us to the most exciting studies! For instance yesterday we found out that Tiberias is the only city that is still there! A commentary said that the cities that Jesus visited and when they rejected Him, are all perished! The reason that Tiberias is still there is because they couldn't reject Him because He was never there! He only was on the lake of Tiberias, also called the Sea of Gallilea!

Bible studies can be so interesting! I love doing it! Soooooo....... in the past we had a Bible study going on here in the Women's forum........ I was wondering if anyone would like to do that again? My husband Charles is a Bible teacher....... he used to teach Sunday school (for kids and adults) and Bible study groups. I am so grateful for him also because he taught me so much about the Bible and how to apply it to our life! I am sure that if we start a study here, he is willing to help us through me of course, after all he IS a man and this is the ladies' forum.....

Anyone interested? We could vote to see what we can study........ a book is ok with me too........ I have two books of Joanna Weaver that changed my life.......
    http://joannaweaverbooks.com/books-d...-martha-world/
    http://joannaweaverbooks.com/books-d...a-mary-spirit/
    My life really changed when I read those books, and it changed AGAIN now I am reading the Mary spirit book for the second time!

So whatever you girls want, is fine with me!

Love you all lots,
    Mieke
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Re: Bible study

Hi, can I study the Bible with you? I study every day on my own, but being by myself all the time gets so lonely.

I would do anything to have a study partner.

You're saying that you are studying the book of John? Which chapter? Tell me and I will turn there.

Comment

Hi!

I would be more than happy to study the Bible with you! I have been searching for years now to find a nice lady wanting to syudy with me so i am grateful to hsvr found someone! We used to have extensice study projects in here but when one of my best friends died that was over, do i am more than happy to start it back up with you!

I am currently only involved in a study with hubby Charles and we are in Revelation, which is very difficult. On here i would like to do something more simple, there are a fepw books in the OT that i wouldn't mind doing, for instance Isaiah or we can just start in John if you like it... You name it girl and i am in!😃
      Glorious Day
      Living He loved me
      Dying He saved me
      Buried He carried my sins far away
      Risen He justified
      Freely forever
      One day He's coming
      Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

Even though I was raised in a Christian house, we never did Bible study or devotions together as a family until one fateful month in 1999, when my parents decided to give it a shot and for some reason, picked the book of Hebrews.

We got through maybe 4 nights of study before my parents got into the biggest religious fight I had ever seen (I didn't even know they ever disagreed on anything). Within 5 minutes, they left the living room in a huff and spent the night in opposite sides of the house, leaving us kids sitting around going, "What in the world just happened?"

And that was the end of our family Bible study.

Comment

Working...
        X