Die Bybel was eerste, daarna het wetenskap gevolg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inligting Die Bybel was eerste, daarna het wetenskap gevolg

Dit het alles begin toe iemand vir my iets gesÍ het wat die Bybel alreeds lankal weet. En ek het begin rond kyk oor die internet hieroor. In hierdie draad dus gaan ek met elke plasing ietsie sit waar die Bybel die manne en vroue in wit jasse en brille lank reeds vooruit was.

Kom ons begin dus. Hoop dit is net so interessant vir julle ook.

Re: Die Bybel was eerste, daarna het wetenskap gevolg

Jona 2:5-6 Waters het my omring tot aan die siel toe, die vloed was rondom my; seegras was om my hoof gedraai. Jona 2:6 Ek het afgedaal tot by die grondslae van die berge, die grendels van die aarde het my vir altyd ingesluit; maar U het my lewe uit die kuil opgetrek, HERE my God!

2Sa 22:16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
    Die Bybel leer ons al lankal dat daar berge en valleie onder op die seebodem is. Die mens (insluitend slim wetenskaplikes) het vir honderde jare geglo die seebodem is plat. Wetenskaplikes het eers hier van die 1950ís af berge en dale onder op die seebodem ontdek. Het hulle maar by die Bybel begin as hul begin-punt, kon hulle hulself van eeue se onkunde en vals persepsies gespaar het.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Cronje View Post
      Re: Die Bybel was eerste, daarna het wetenskap gevolg

Die Bybel leer ons al lankal dat daar berge en valleie onder op die seebodem is. Die mens (insluitend slim wetenskaplikes) het vir honderde jare geglo die seebodem is plat. Wetenskaplikes het eers hier van die 1950ís af berge en dale onder op die seebodem ontdek. Het hulle maar by die Bybel begin as hul begin-punt, kon hulle hulself van eeue se onkunde en vals persepsies gespaar het.
      Nou se baie die aarde is pla...?
      To God be the Glory

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post

Nou se baie die aarde is pla...?
        Jip, hier iewers op een van die drade het ons 'n interessante gesprek gehad met iemand wat geglo het die aarde is plat. Kan net nie onthou waar nie. Dit was baie interessant egter :-)

Comment

Ek plaas graag gedeeltes van ‘n interessante artikel. Dit is ongelukkig in Engels:
          Why Quarantine Works
          By Joel Hilliker

Ever see the word “quarantine” in a headline before this year? Suddenly, it is the world’s biggest story, and could be for some time. As health authorities desperately work to limit the spread of covid-19, their most urgent measure has been to isolate anyone who has been exposed to it. That means keeping people home to avoid other people.

Where did the idea of quarantine come from? It hasn’t been broadly practiced until very modern times. In fact, this is why so many plagues throughout the centuries and across the world have been so devastating. For example, when bubonic plague swept Europe from 1348 to 1359, one third of Europe’s population was killed! Yet a certain group was largely unaffected: the Jews. Why? Mostly because they quarantined the sick. The word quarantine actually comes from this period, from the Italian quaranta giorni (40 days) isolation of incoming ship passengers and crew. Jews were prominent in Venice, where this practice was implemented.

Where did the Jews get it from? From the same source of other health laws that drastically reduced the Black Death’s impact on their population, including washing hands and avoiding unclean meats. It was a code that had originated nearly three millennia earlier—long before scientists discovered bacteria in 1676 and viruses in 1892. It included rules for good hygiene and meticulous protocols to halt the spread of contagious disease.

This timeless, detailed instruction is recorded in the Old Testament. Leviticus 11 contains laws designating some animals as clean and some as unclean. This was not just ceremonial; it was principally for physical health. Bats, for example, are unclean—and breaking that law is the origin of Ebola and most cases of fatal rabies (some say even of possible origin of covid-19). Deuteronomy 23 commands burying human waste, which many societies throughout history and even in modern times have neglected at terrible cost to their health and well-being. Leviticus 13 instructs those with contagious diseases to stay isolated outside the camp until they are well. When the ancient Israelites followed God’s hygiene and quarantine laws, they were spared from the plagues and epidemics that devastated other nations.

Many people claim the Bible is “unscientific,” but the truth is it took science about three millennia to catch up to the Bible on this point! The scientists and doctors filling the airwaves right now advocating “social distancing” are—probably unwittingly, but unmistakably—emphasizing the reliability of the Bible as a guide in life! (It is worth noting, however, that there is no biblical instance of shutting down all of society, including unexposed healthy people, as a preventative measure. That is going beyond the biblical command.) – Bron: https://www.thetrumpet.com/22179-why-quarantine-works

Comment

Working...
          X