Do animals go to heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do animals go to heaven

Hi, it's been awhile since I've posted here but here I am! Didn't know who else to ask at the moment. I'm having a hard time with the loss of our dog. This was our first family pet. I never had pets growing up because my parents were too busy trying to feed us, let alone feed a dog or cat. We bought a puppy , black Lab, for our kids 7 years ago. He was such a goof-ball, lovable and gentle, . He developed a life threatening disease 2 months ago and we had to put him down today. I used to laugh at pet owners who treat their pets like humans. Until I decided to buy a dog for our family, the loss of him is DEVASTATING and I'm surprised at my reaction, he became a part of our family and my heart is broken have been crying all morning and afternoon, Already made plans for a funeral and planting a tree on our property when we get his remains in a couple of weeks. I mean am I crazy to be going through such great lengths for a dog? I don't care what anyone thinks, we loved our good ole boy and we need closure, why on earth am I grieving over a dog. The truth is, I loved this dog. So, my question is... do dogs go to heaven?

You are not going to hurt my feelings by being honest. I need clarity and possibly some prayers and comfort please

Comment

I'm a pastor and my wife is a veterinarian and we personally have 12 dogs... so I have some background. The answer is no. Dogs and other animals don't have a soul so don't live eternally. There will, however, be animals in God's kingdom so we can take solace in that. Sorry for your loss; we've had several and it's always painful.
      Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsdaughter View Post
        Hi, it's been awhile since I've posted here but here I am! Didn't know who else to ask at the moment. I'm having a hard time with the loss of our dog. This was our first family pet. I never had pets growing up because my parents were too busy trying to feed us, let alone feed a dog or cat. We bought a puppy , black Lab, for our kids 7 years ago. He was such a goof-ball, lovable and gentle, . He developed a life threatening disease 2 months ago and we had to put him down today. I used to laugh at pet owners who treat their pets like humans. Until I decided to buy a dog for our family, the loss of him is DEVASTATING and I'm surprised at my reaction, he became a part of our family and my heart is broken have been crying all morning and afternoon, Already made plans for a funeral and planting a tree on our property when we get his remains in a couple of weeks. I mean am I crazy to be going through such great lengths for a dog? I don't care what anyone thinks, we loved our good ole boy and we need closure, why on earth am I grieving over a dog. The truth is, I loved this dog. So, my question is... do dogs go to heaven?
        I completely agree with Changed's assessment. Animals will be on the New Earth. We grieve so much over them because 1) God made them for us, and 2) they suffer in a world impacted by human sin. They are sad to lose us because we are a source of happiness for them--we feed them and treat them well, giving them security in an otherwise-difficult world. We are sad to lose them because we've lost such a wonderful gift the Lord had entrusted to us for a short time.

They are not sad to be gone for eternity. They are just sad to suffer death and to not have you anymore as their source of security and comfort. How much they really feel is for your imagination. I come down to earth about this when I see some of their animal behaviors. But I love them anyway. The world reflects the glory of God. And we do find happiness in His creatures.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsdaughter View Post
          We love our dogs and other animals.

On the ark there were 8 souls saved (1Peter 3:20). How many animals were on the ark? This will tell us what we need to know about those which will be in heaven. Sometimes the truth will hurt but it is best to stick with the truth. There will be no animals in heaven b/c they do not have souls according to the account of Noah"s family and the ark.
          22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth... (1Peter 1:22)

Comment

Working...
          X