Feel no conviction nor drawing of the Holy Spirit anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel no conviction nor drawing of the Holy Spirit anymore

I was warned by the Holy Spirit of my lustful ways many times but I kept on ignoring the call to repent and fully trust in Christ to break this stronghold from me. Now the Spirit doesn't call me anymore and all I can think about is women in my head, that's all i meditate on, I think I've been given over to my sinful thoughts and lust. I've lost my faith and I feel spiritually dead inside. Is there a way to get the Spirit back and have repentance because I can't live like this. I think I've sinned the Holy Spirit right out of my life, I feel hopeless and lifeless. Has anyone been through similar?

Iffenet, do you think that when you are right with God you won't feel anymore lustful thoughts? Really?

God has saved you. As long as you don't act upon your thoughts you haven't sinned.
    You can start feeling saved, when you have your facts right.

Think about what the Lord did for you, after Moses led His people out of Egypt.
    What did the Lord begin for you, which Jesus finished?

Look what John said to Jesus, upon seeing Him to come for Baptism.

"Behold, the Savior of the sins of the whole world."

Comment

Originally posted by lffinnett View Post
      I was warned by the Holy Spirit of my lustful ways many times but I kept on ignoring the call to repent and fully trust in Christ to break this stronghold from me. Now the Spirit doesn't call me anymore and all I can think about is women in my head, that's all i meditate on, I think I've been given over to my sinful thoughts and lust. I've lost my faith and I feel spiritually dead inside. Is there a way to get the Spirit back and have repentance because I can't live like this. I think I've sinned the Holy Spirit right out of my life, I feel hopeless and lifeless. Has anyone been through similar?
      I hope your doing well.

I've been where you are now.

If I can be of any help let me know.

Check out - Apologeticspress.org for good bible answers.
      22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth... (1Peter 1:22)

Comment

Working...
      X