Was this a message from God or the devil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this a message from God or the devil

I have been ignoring convictions from holy spirit to repent and change my wicked heart. The convictions stopped and I was given over to a depraved mind the next day, I can do stuff now and my conscience is not bothered by it. A day after the Holy Spirit left I was having constant panic attacks. One night I awoke from a panic attack I looked at my phone and a message read 'you love your sin more than you love Jesus', i looked again and then it disappeared. Another message appeared and it said 'you are reprobate'. Could this have been God confirming to me that I am indeed condemned or is the devil playing tricks to make me believe something isn't true. I believe it is true, because I do love my sin but I want out.

Whether from God or Satan isn't the most important issue at this point. You know you need to repent so I'd do it without delay. You'll feel much better when you confess your sin to God and begin walking in the grace of Jesus.
    Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

This topic is quite interesting to me but from a different point of view. I understand that God can send his signs to guide me on the true path. This is true. But what if it takes the form of superstition? I often hear about angel numbers. What if I see around me the number 909 and look for 909 meaning and follow these directions to change my life. Is it still the voice of God?
      Last edited by Sojourner; Jul 7 2020, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lffinnett View Post
        I have been ignoring convictions from holy spirit to repent and change my wicked heart. The convictions stopped and I was given over to a depraved mind the next day, I can do stuff now and my conscience is not bothered by it. A day after the Holy Spirit left I was having constant panic attacks. One night I awoke from a panic attack I looked at my phone and a message read 'you love your sin more than you love Jesus', i looked again and then it disappeared. Another message appeared and it said 'you are reprobate'. Could this have been God confirming to me that I am indeed condemned or is the devil playing tricks to make me believe something isn't true. I believe it is true, because I do love my sin but I want out.
        Satan is the Accuser.

Revelation 12:10 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
        10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say, “The victory and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Messiah have now come. These things have come, because the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown out. He is the one who accused them day and night before our God.

Comment

Originally posted by lffinnett View Post
          You know your flesh has its desires but the Holy Spirit is stronger. That does not mean a saved Christian never sins any more or instantly gets superholy, including your conscience, it means that the Holy Spirit will transform you day by day as long as you keep walking with Jesus. Just have and keep faith, keep walking with Jesus. Read the Bible, seek out brothers and sisters in Jesus and cut off anything that makes it hard for you to not sin.

Remember the Gospel, it is not your efforts, good works or holiness that save you, it is by the grace of God through your faith that you are saved and forgiven of your sins. Don't let the devil deceive you, he will throw anything he can at you to make you doubt the Word of God and your salvation. Rebuke him and he will flee from you.

Read the parable of the sower (Matthew 13:1-23, Mark 4:1-20, and Luke 8:4-15), don't be the seed that withers in the sun, gets eaten by birds or gets choked between the weeds.

Comment

Hey Iffinnett.... I know it's been a couple of months. How are you holding up?

Comment

Working...
            X