Randomly heard 3 verses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randomly heard 3 verses...

I am not a church goer, I am not a bible person, I don't even have a bible. Haven't been to church in 20+ years. And this happened.

I was woke up 3 different times last night by very clear and distinct hearing a verse. The first one was 1 Timothy 1:5, a couple of hours later Joshua 3:9 and a couple hours later Matthew 4:7. I have looked them up and dont understand why or what they mean to me, if anything.

Any help is appreciated, not quite sure what to think of this.

“Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:” 1 Timothy 1:5 (NCPB)

“And Joshua said unto the children of Israel, ‘Come hither, and hear the words of the LORD your God’.” Joshua 3:9 (NCPB)

“Jesus said unto him, ‘It is written again, “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God” ’.” Matthew 4:7 (NCPB)

Any one of these is good advice to follow.

Comment

I guess what I am asking is...is this like a word sent from god or something? I dont have a clue, im not sure what to make of this whole thing. Its really got me flustered.

Comment

Yes, it's a word sent to you from God; at least that's my opinion. God's word, the Bible, is the ultimate truth. It can set you free from the lies that are typical of this world and which keep people in bondage.

I'd encourage you to get a Bible and start learning the truth. Bible's are very easy to come by free. Many churches would be happy to give you one. Or find one online, they're everywhere.
        Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

Mod-Staff note:
          Moved this topic from the Bible-Chat Subforum to the Christian Answers subforum.