Marital love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marital love

Can someone explain me what is the Biblical view on marital love? I know the commandment against adultery, but beyond that? Is a good marriage like a lifelong close friendship with sex, or is something more to it?

Let's start at the beginning in Genesis1:26-27 God said it is not good that man be alone, and he created woman from him, he called them both Adam, she the "life giving Adam", Adam did not call her Eve until after the fall

They were co-workers in the garden, Man saw Woman and stated that she bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh, in today's wording, she was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

That gives to us marriage between a man and a woman, erotically, and amorous, workers together, lifelong friends, that cannot be pulled asunder
    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Very good answer. Working together on something is a part I've overlooked. Raising a child is the most common thing marriages work on. Jeff Bethke also talked about "gardening" as a component of marital love.

Comment

Yes! seeds have to be sown into marriage, seeds of trust, longsuffering, gentleness, meekness. love.... the fruits of the Spirit
        It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Working...
        X