Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Discussion Cloning

    Just wondering what your guys' opinions on cloning is.

    What do you think of cloning animals, and why?
    What do you think about cloning humans, and why?

    Thanks

  • #2
    I think cloning is creepy, and probably should be avoided. However, I do believe that even if you cloned yourself, your clone would have a different soul than you. Just because you share DNA doesn't make you the same person.
    Female. 17. Thinking hard about Christ.

    Comment


    • #3
      cloning is cruel. Making a copy of a living creature results in another creature that is physically inferior and weaker than the original. Cloned animals age very rapidly and are not healthy. It would be unethical to clone a human being.
      Love In Christ,
      Tanya






      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
        cloning is cruel. Making a copy of a living creature results in another creature that is physically inferior and weaker than the original. Cloned animals age very rapidly and are not healthy. It would be unethical to clone a human being.
        I see.

        Well what if we could clone without any physical problems, would you be against it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Animals, maybe not, but humans, definitely. What would be the point of cloning a human? What would they be used for, spare parts? EW!
          Love In Christ,
          Tanya






          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
            Animals, maybe not, but humans, definitely. What would be the point of cloning a human? What would they be used for, spare parts? EW!
            I see. hm, okay what about this example,

            Sya there's this guy who's like well build, nice height, good health. His body's bascially naturally really strong and sturdy. And say he (or maybe someone else) wanted to have a son with a body as over-all good as that guy's. Would you be against that?

            Or, a less extreme example, would you be against cloning if it was basically just used so that the parents could choose if it was a boy or girl?

            Comment


            • #7
              Imo.

              Cloning a human is not a good idea, because of the possibility of producing a body without a soul.
              We have no clue as to how a body acquires a soul, and should, therefore, stay away from it.
              JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
              JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dan View Post
                Cloning a human is not a good idea, because of the possibility of producing a body without a soul.
                We have no clue as to how a body acquires a soul, and should, therefore, stay away from it.
                What do you mean? that if we accidently killed it when trying to make it a clone?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bthings View Post
                  I see. hm, okay what about this example,

                  Sya there's this guy who's like well build, nice height, good health. His body's bascially naturally really strong and sturdy. And say he (or maybe someone else) wanted to have a son with a body as over-all good as that guy's. Would you be against that?

                  Or, a less extreme example, would you be against cloning if it was basically just used so that the parents could choose if it was a boy or girl?
                  That's really gross, yes I would be against that. That's just SOOOO creepy! People don't even like to buy manufactured diamonds. Would you want to marry a cloned guy, even if he was good-looking? EW!

                  People who would want to clone a human to have as their child are the extreme in selfish narcissism!
                  Love In Christ,
                  Tanya






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bthings View Post
                    Just wondering what your guys' opinions on cloning is.

                    What do you think of cloning animals, and why?
                    What do you think about cloning humans, and why?
                    Cloning of animals I'm 50/50 on. Mostly because I know they're just practice for the real thing - people. Now what's wrong with cloning people? The possibility of creating a brand new underclass in society who's sole purpose is to provide spare parts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bthings View Post
                      Or, a less extreme example, would you be against cloning if it was basically just used so that the parents could choose if it was a boy or girl?
                      Are you talking about cloning or genetic alteration?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TanyaP View Post
                        That's really gross, yes I would be against that. That's just SOOOO creepy! People don't even like to buy manufactured diamonds. Would you want to marry a cloned guy, even if he was good-looking? EW!

                        People who would want to clone a human to have as their child are the extreme in selfish narcissism!
                        Oh come now, because it's "ew" isn't a very good reason, don't you agree? Changing diapers is totally EW, but you know it's not a bad thing to change his diaper every once in a while anyway, lol j.k

                        I would not be bothered at all if the man I fell in love with was a clone. Why should that bother me, I would love him, and that's what would matter.

                        Well I realised that too, which is also why I made the example of someone else wanting their son to look like someone they just knew who had a good built body.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HisLeast View Post
                          Are you talking about cloning or genetic alteration?
                          They go together, Ithink. why are they totally different issues to you?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bthings View Post
                            Oh come now, because it's "ew" isn't a very good reason, don't you agree?
                            No, it's ew because of the reasons. The reasons why people would want to clone themselves, or another person for their selfish reasons, is disgusting. Changing a diaper is natural, it serves another human being, it is a way to show love. Even if that diaper is on an adult, it is a humble task performed as an act of love. That is completely different from cloning yourself because you think you're wonderful, or cloning another human being because of his body whether it be for spare parts or sexual gratification. It's disgusting.

                            I would not be bothered at all if the man I fell in love with was a clone. Why should that bother me, I would love him, and that's what would matter.
                            The time may come when you will get your wish to have a manufactured human. I find it really creepy though. I don't even like to eat manufactured food because it is inferior to real food in every way. Yet the time has come when we can hardly get real food anymore anyway. So yeah you might just get your wish B.

                            wanting their son to look like someone they just knew who had a good built body.
                            This is just a horrible example of our increasingly narcissistic society. Someone who wants a child because of his body is using that child for their own selfish reasons -- just to make them look good. It is narcissism at its worst.
                            Love In Christ,
                            Tanya






                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bthings View Post
                              Just wondering what your guys' opinions on cloning is.

                              What do you think of cloning animals, and why?
                              What do you think about cloning humans, and why?

                              Thanks
                              This is nothing more then the abortion debate from yet another twisted angle.

                              I have two cats. If one of them should die, I go to the pet store and get another one that looks exactly like her. I'll even use the same name.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X