God Kills People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God Kills People

Yes indeed God does kill and there are several examples in the bible for it. Be warned he will kill you and send you to hell if you dont believe his word

The Lord killed Aaron's sons, Nadab and Abihu, for worshipping Him in the wrong way (Leviticus 10:1). The Lord opened up the earth and swallowed alive Korah and his company (Numbers 16:30-33). The Lord killed Nabal (1 Samuel 25:38). The Lord struck Uzzah dead when he touched the ark (2 Samuel 6:1-7). The Lord killed Jeroboam (2 Chronicles 13:20). The Lord killed Jehoram (2 Chronicles 21:18-19). And, when He so pleases (Psalm 115:3), the Lord not only desires to kill, but prevents any circumstance that would stand in the way of His killing. For this was the case with Eli's sons, as it is written, Eli said to his sons,
    "If one man sins against another, God will judge him. But if a man sins against the Lord, who will intercede for him?" Nevertheless they did not heed the voice of their father, because the Lord desired to kill them. (1 Samuel 2:25)
    Furthermore, God killed Ananias and Sapphira for lying to the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:1-11), and He killed Herod for not giving glory to Him (Acts 12:20-23). Isaiah prophesied the Lord would slay the wicked in Isaiah 65:15. Jesus promised the church in Thyatira that He would kill the children of Jezebel (Revelation 2:23), and in the future Jesus will kill the Antichrist army with the sword that proceeds out of His mouth (Revelation 19:21). *Link deleted by Mediator*

Re: God Kills People

God creates people! He makes people that are very ungrateful for their existence...but He lets them live their lives for the most part out of patience and forbearance. God is very merciful.

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
    מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Comment

but he still kills people

Comment

Psalms 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them

Psalms 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts. Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert. Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them"

Psalms 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Jeremiah 18:6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them. Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good. And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart.

However....

Psalms 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in the LORD rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous

Proverbs 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. "

Comment

Mod Note: Thread moved to Christians Answer.

iceweasel,

As a non-Christian you are only allowed to post in introductions, Christians Answer and the ask for Prayer Forums. Please acquaint yourself with our rules before further posting here on the boards.
          "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

Comment

Originally posted by iceweasel View Post
            but he still kills people
            Iceweasel, instead of saying that God "kills" people... seems that the Bible is clear that when man does something wicked and death is a consequence, God does not discriminate and the consequence happens. in all your examples, God didn't "kill" them in the sense you are painting, they died because of their actions against God. Death was the result, thus a consequence that God is not hesitant to hold back from when killing needs to be done.
            --
            Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

The government kills people too...for example those on death row that committed horrible crimes. Police kill people...people kill people. Through outright murders or abuse. We even kill little babies not out of the womb yet. We also allow people to die in many different situations..through neglect, though ignoring cries for help, through ignorance, through cruelty, through cold hearts. But inspite of all our short comings its ok for us to judge God, right? I mean sense we seem to being doing so well on own and would never do horrible thing to others...
              "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                The government kills people too...for example those on death row that committed horrible crimes.
                What does God call those who do this?

Ministers OF God!

(I just had to toss this point in here )
                --
                Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I don't look at it as killing but not continuing our life.
                  Live the Halleluyah life

Comment

Iceweasel,

According to the bible, God does indeed kill people. He's also a jealous god and a whole slew of other things that I don't find pleasant...

However, what is your point?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Christians KNOW that their God kills people and they've rationalized it. Simply coming in here and saying "GOD KILLS PEOPLE" over and over again won't get you anywere.

So- what do you believe and what's your point?

Comment

Test test... I tried posting something before but its not showing up.

Comment

no one lives or dies without God's approval

Comment

no one lives or dies unless God allows it

Comment

Originally posted by BrianW View Post
                            Mod Note: Thread moved to Christians Answer.

iceweasel,

As a non-Christian you are only allowed to post in introductions, Christians Answer and the ask for Prayer Forums. Please acquaint yourself with our rules before further posting here on the boards.

I'm confused and want to clarify. If you read the rules posted to this forum:

"Non Christians may post in the Special Forums section of this Message board. Outside of the Special forums section you may post in Introductions, Prayer Request and Chat to moderator's."

Comment

Yes. Jesus said fear Him who not only kills the body but casts the soul to hell. I don't have a problem with God killing. I fear Him casting my soul to hell. God bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X