Dreams and Visions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams and Visions

As I have said before, I am pretty new here. I have a question about dreams and visions.

Periodically from the time I was a child I would have waking visions about people or dreams about people or events that later would come to pass.

When I was little I would share things with my mother about them and about people who passed.

My mother felt it was fundamentally wrong and would pray that those things would go away from me.

Later in life she changed her mind about it.

As an adult I do not experience it in the frequency I did as a child, but for example the night before my sister died I had a dream about her, and in my dream were specifics one being she had cut all her hair off. The next day my mother told me my sister was in the hospital and it was not good, I flew out there and when I saw her in she was bad off unconscious. Her hair was cut off real short and my mom explained it was a recent thing she had just done.

My daughter recently told me she has been having dreams that also come true, most recently a few days ago of a friend she haden't seen for a year and the next day found out the boy had overdosed on drugs and died.

Do these dreams or waking pictures come from God?

Most recently my daughter told me last night that the night before she dreamed of a big earthquake.

Re: Dreams and Visions

Originally posted by MichelleH View Post
    Do these dreams or waking pictures come from God?
    Possibly. More likely, though, they have another source. There are two things to consider: 1. Are you (and your daughter) saved followers of Christ? Are you Christian? If not, then most certainly the dreams are not from God. Second consideration is accuracy: Dreams and visions from God are 100% accurate. If you've ever had such strong visions that did not come to pass, that alone invalidates the God angle (He makes no mistakes).

Comment

Just because one isn't a christian doesn't mean that God doesn't send them dreams. God sent one to Pharaoh. He sent one to Abimilech and he sent one to Nebuchadnezzar. There are also numerous testimonies of dreams that God has sent people while they were still unsaved and this lead them to Christ. I am not saying that Michelle's and her daughter's dreams are definitely from the Lord. I am just saying this isn't an accurate litmus test.
      Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Originally posted by ImpatientlyWaiting View Post
        Possibly. More likely, though, they have another source. There are two things to consider: 1. Are you (and your daughter) saved followers of Christ? Are you Christian? If not, then most certainly the dreams are not from God. Second consideration is accuracy: Dreams and visions from God are 100% accurate. If you've ever had such strong visions that did not come to pass, that alone invalidates the God angle (He makes no mistakes).
        No, I don't belong to any church.

I am new here, I signed up because I have been feeling so bad ever since my sister died, she committed suicide and 5 months before she died my dad died, and 3 months before my dad died my cousin died.

It's been the worst year I have ever had in my life and i just want to feel hoe and not despair.

When I dreamed about my sister the night before she died I had not seen her for a while so the whole thing was really shocking and my heart hurts over it.

Comment

Originally posted by shepherdsword View Post
          Just because one isn't a christian doesn't mean that God doesn't send them dreams. God sent one to Pharaoh. He sent one to Abimilech and he sent one to Nebuchadnezzar. There are also numerous testimonies of dreams that God has sent people while they were still unsaved and this lead them to Christ. I am not saying that Michelle's and her daughter's dreams are definitely from the Lord. I am just saying this isn't an accurate litmus test.
          I do believe in God, I am not any religion though.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleH View Post
            I do believe in God, I am not any religion though.
            Well, my friend, I am not any religion either. I have been given a place in which to work a ministry by a Baptist church who support my efforts. However, even though I have given sermons there, we disagree on some things. They are still my brothers and sisters, though, and I love them.

If there is anything that I can do to help you to understand and know Jesus, I'd love to do it. That is what I do in my ministry efforts, and it is what I feel driven to do.
            Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
            George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              Well, my friend, I am not any religion either. I have been given a place in which to work a ministry by a Baptist church who support my efforts. However, even though I have given sermons there, we disagree on some things. They are still my brothers and sisters, though, and I love them.

If there is anything that I can do to help you to understand and know Jesus, I'd love to do it. That is what I do in my ministry efforts, and it is what I feel driven to do.
              Thank you.

I live a pretty quiet life offline.

Is there any instances you can recall where Jesus tells us how to handle our grief?

It feels especially hard with the holidays coming up, my sister died in June and she left 4 kids and a husband.

The whole family is getting together for Thanksgiving.

There are days I am driving in my car alone and all of a sudden I just break down and cry.

I don't have any closure or know why she did it.

I hope she is with God.

Comment

Dealing with loss within a family varies based on the person. My mother died yesterday while I was at the hospital holding her hand and praying for me. My two brothers and I knew her end was eminent, and my prayers were only that it be peaceful and painless and that my brothers have peace when she goes.

I have found that the disturbance for my one brother is only guilt that he had not done some things that he could have done while she was alive. His sadness comes from guilt. The other brother specializes in avoidance. He attempts to keep distance as a barrier, but that has been his method for many things - unemotionally distant.

Jesus' attitude about life on earth and death is characterized more by "let the dead bury the dead." We get a chance while on earth to discover Him and be born again into the next Kingdom that shall never pass away.

My mother found Jesus in the past several months, so her passing was graduation day; not an end of her life. She has begun anew and she is waiting for her sons. For many years, she failed to seek, so she failed to find. It is good that she managed to live long enough to find Jesus before the end came.

My position is just that - Mom graduated. Her struggle is over. She can have the security and joy that she always wanted now, so I am happy for her. I wish my brothers could understand that. (Sometimes natural-born brothers have a tough time being evangelized by one they grew up with.)

Please consider that. When the end comes, we don't get any second chances.
                Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.
                George Orwell

www.r2ucv.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                  Dealing with loss within a family varies based on the person. My mother died yesterday while I was at the hospital holding her hand and praying for me. My two brothers and I knew her end was eminent, and my prayers were only that it be peaceful and painless and that my brothers have peace when she goes.

I have found that the disturbance for my one brother is only guilt that he had not done some things that he could have done while she was alive. His sadness comes from guilt. The other brother specializes in avoidance. He attempts to keep distance as a barrier, but that has been his method for many things - unemotionally distant.

Jesus' attitude about life on earth and death is characterized more by "let the dead bury the dead." We get a chance while on earth to discover Him and be born again into the next Kingdom that shall never pass away.

My mother found Jesus in the past several months, so her passing was graduation day; not an end of her life. She has begun anew and she is waiting for her sons. For many years, she failed to seek, so she failed to find. It is good that she managed to live long enough to find Jesus before the end came.

My position is just that - Mom graduated. Her struggle is over. She can have the security and joy that she always wanted now, so I am happy for her. I wish my brothers could understand that. (Sometimes natural-born brothers have a tough time being evangelized by one they grew up with.)

Please consider that. When the end comes, we don't get any second chances.
                  My condolences, it's not easy lsoing a loved one.

Those of left befind still miss being able to see our loved one here.

I am glad she went in peace.

Comment

Working...
                  X