Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human Life on Earth will end one day. That's for certain - moved from ETC subforum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Life on Earth will end one day. That's for certain - moved from ETC subforum

But it won't be because of any signs foretold by Bronze Age soothsayers.
    The nuclear reactions of our star (the Sun) or an asteroid impact or our own negligence in protecting the environment will be the cause.

So more likely the only "prophecy" invoved here is a self fulling one.

Re: Human Life on Earth will end one day. That's for certain

Originally posted by AthiestGuest View Post
    But it won't be because of any signs foretold by Bronze Age soothsayers.
    The nuclear reactions of our star (the Sun) or an asteroid impact or our own negligence in protecting the environment will be the cause.

So more likely the only "prophecy" invoved here is a self fulling one.
    Hi there Athiestguest,

Thanks for stopping by.

Sounds like your skeptical about the Bibles version of history and its predictions of the future. What evidence has swayed you towards this conclusion?

Are you aware of the incredible amount of evidence that supports the Bibles version of reality on multiple fronts?

Is there any areas that you find particularly challenging ?
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Hey bluesky what's up buddy?

I can't say I was ever actually 'swayed' because I can't recall ever believing in the first place?

Comment

Hey AthiestGuest,

We're here to answer your questions in the "Christian Answers" section, if you have any.

This thread will be moved.
        A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Originally posted by AthiestGuest View Post
          Hey bluesky what's up buddy?

I can't say I was ever actually 'swayed' because I can't recall ever believing in the first place?
          Hello AthiestGuest, welcome to Bibleforums!

You ever wonder?... We all do that, don't we.

You ever wonder why in the world you even care to take the time to come here and make a username that declares your worldview and open up about your beliefs? Reinforcement of what we believe about our existence seems important to us humans.

Does atheism not satisfy you completely or something? Is there something down inside that isn't satisfied with how you figure things currently? Honestly, think about it. What drives you to defend the position, contemplate it, or in some cases be consumed by it (not saying you are to that point, but maybe that is the case)?

What's the deal? Maybe you think this a kind of county fair where some ignorant people can be observed or something. That would be valid, but then, why would that really draw you to here? To maybe match wits or something?

Maybe we can start here. What is your definition of an "Atheist"?

Blessings,
          Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

Working...
          X