This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the trilegy

what'is the trilegy? i herd it was 3 gods forever but i cannot understand how if gods is supposed to be 1 gods. and how can god die and they said jesus is god.? ?please excuse my english i have tutring rite now to help me improve daily. good english teacher. i want to lern so much of the bible and god.

Re: the trilegy

I believe you're referring to the Trinity. Correct?
    This IGNORE button is by far one of the most useful tools I've used to keep my peace while navigating through some of the madness.

Comment

Hello, again, "I'mCuteHuh???" Just read your post on this subject.

Most Christians (but not all) believe in the Trinity, which is the inclusion of God, his Son, and the Holy Spirit into one unit, or Godhead. Many Christians do not believe in the Trinity and believe that God and his Son are two different beings.

Now, the first thing many will say about not believing in the Trinity is that one canít be a Christian if you do not believe in it, but when asked, they canít show where in the Bible that claim is plainly made. And the second thing many will say is that one must belong to a cult, if they believe such an un-Christian thing. Of course, we all know what a cult is, right? To most, it is any group of people that believe differently than they do.

God gave us free will, so we should investigate the Scriptures and make up our own mind. Belief in the Trinity is not required for salvation. If you live as a Christian and believe he died for your sins, then you are a Christian, for the Bible says: ďFor God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.Ē (John3:16, NKJV)

I assume many people on this forum may have a different idea.
      The Outlaw Bible StudentStudies on the Fringe of Christianity

Comment

Originally posted by I'mCuteHuh??? View Post
        what'is the trilegy? i herd it was 3 gods forever but i cannot understand how if gods is supposed to be 1 gods. and how can god die and they said jesus is god.? ?please excuse my english i have tutring rite now to help me improve daily. good english teacher. i want to lern so much of the bible and god.
        Hi I'mCuteHuh???, here are a couple of articles that you may find helpful.

TRINITY
        GOD IS ONE AND THREE

This is what the LORD says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty:
        I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God
        .”
        ISAIAH 44:6

The Old Testament constantly insists that there is only one God, the self-revealed Creator, who must be worshiped and loved exclusively (Deut. 6:4–5; Isa. 44:6–45:25). The New Testament agrees (Mark 12:29–30; 1 Cor. 8:4; Eph. 4:6; 1 Tim. 2:5) but speaks of three personal agents, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, working together in the manner of a team to bring about salvation (Rom. 8; Eph. 1:3–14; 2 Thess. 2:13–14; 1 Pet. 1:2). The historic formulation of the Trinity (derived from the Latin word trinitas, meaning “threeness”) seeks to circumscribe and safeguard this mystery (not explain it; that is beyond us), and it confronts us with perhaps the most difficult thought that the human mind has ever been asked to handle. It is not easy; but it is true.

The doctrine springs from the facts that the New Testament historians report, and from the revelatory teaching that, humanly speaking, grew out of these facts. Jesus, who prayed to his Father and taught his disciples to do the same, convinced them that he was personally divine, and belief in his divinity and in the rightness of offering him worship and prayer is basic to New Testament faith (John 20:28–31; cf. 1:18; Acts 7:59; Rom. 9:5; 10:9–13; 2 Cor. 12:7–9; Phil. 2:5–6; Col. 1:15–17; 2:9; Heb. 1:1–12; 1 Pet. 3:15). Jesus promised to send another Paraclete (he himself having been the first one), and Paraclete signifies a many-sided personal ministry as counselor, advocate, helper, comforter, ally, supporter (John 14:16–17, 26; 15:26–27; 16:7–15). This other Paraclete, who came at Pentecost to fulfill this promised ministry, was the Holy Spirit, recognized from the start as a third divine person: to lie to him, said Peter not long after Pentecost, is to lie to God (Acts 5:3–4).

So Christ prescribed baptism “in the name (singular: one God, one name) of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”—the three persons who are the one God to whom Christians commit themselves (Matt. 28:19). So we meet the three persons in the account of Jesus’ own baptism: the Father acknowledged the Son, and the Spirit showed his presence in the Son’s life and ministry (Mark 1:9–11). So we read the trinitarian blessing of 2 Corinthians 13:14, and the prayer for grace and peace from the Father, the Spirit, and Jesus Christ in Revelation 1:4–5 (would John have put the Spirit between the Father and the Son if he had not regarded the Spirit as divine in the same sense as they are?). These are some of the more striking examples of the trinitarian outlook and emphasis of the New Testament. Though the technical language of historic trinitarianism is not found there, trinitarian faith and thinking are present throughout its pages, and in that sense the Trinity must be acknowledged as a biblical doctrine: an eternal truth about God which, though never explicit in the Old Testament, is plain and clear in the New.

The basic assertion of this doctrine is that the unity of the one God is complex. The three personal “subsistences” (as they are called) are coequal and coeternal centers of self-awareness, each being “I” in relation to two who are “you” and each partaking of the full divine essence (the “stuff” of deity, if we may dare to call it that) along with the other two. They are not three roles played by one person (that is modalism), nor are they three gods in a cluster (that is tritheism); the one God (“he”) is also, and equally, “they,” and “they” are always together and always cooperating, with the Father initiating, the Son complying, and the Spirit executing the will of both, which is his will also. This is the truth about God that was revealed through the words and works of Jesus, and that undergirds the reality of salvation as the New Testament sets it forth.

The practical importance of the doctrine of the Trinity is that it requires us to pay equal attention, and give equal honor, to all three persons in the unity of their gracious ministry to us. That ministry is the subject matter of the gospel, which, as Jesus’ conversation with Nicodemus shows, cannot be stated without bringing in their distinct roles in God’s plan of grace (John 3:1–15; note especially vv. 3, 5–8, 13–15, and John’s expository comments, which NIV renders as part of the conversation itself, vv. 16–21). All non-Trinitarian formulations of the Christian message are by biblical standards inadequate and indeed fundamentally false, and will naturally tend to pull Christian lives out of shape.
        ~Packer, J. I. (1993). Concise theology: a guide to historic Christian beliefs (pp. 40–42)

And this article about the Trinity at this link from the Christian "Got Questions" website can be read and/or watched: The Trinity

~Deut
        Matthew 5
        16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
        12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
        1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
        15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Comment

And here's something just for fun from our friends at Lutheran Satire Actually, while it is all fun, you will definitely learn some important things about the Trinity while you enjoy their video, particularly what the Trinity is not. (it's less than 4 minutes long, just FYI).
          Matthew 5
          16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7
          12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Corinthians 13
          1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Peter 3
          15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Comment

In mainstream Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox Christianity it is taught that there are three entities: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that each of these has their own separate centre of consciousness. In other words, each one is capable of thinking independently and of communicating with the other two.

At the same time, they all insist that they are monotheists. At the end of the day, they are not.

The trinity is the belief in three Gods while pretending to believe in only one.

Comment

The short answer is that we believe Jesus -

Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
              Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

what'is the trilegy? i herd it was 3 gods forever but i cannot understand how if gods is supposed to be 1 gods. and how can god die and they said jesus is god.?
                The trinity means 1 God in 3 persons. They are united and share one name. Yet they can talk to each other. Jesus said "I am in the Father and the Father is in me." They are always together.

How can God die? Jesus took on a body of a man -- He is both God and man now. Jesus died in the sense that His human body stopped working. Now He has a restored human body. But Jesus' soul/spirit was still alive.

Comment

I think you mean the TRINITY. It's a basic Christian belief (Christians believe in the Trinity, but Muslims and Jews don't).

The basic idea is:

1. There is only one God.

2. The Father is God.

3. The Son (John 1:1 uses the name "the Word") is God. Around about 2000 years ago, the Son (the Word) took the form of a human being by being born as a baby, called Jesus. Therefore Jesus is both God and human. Jesus is not "just a prophet." Jesus is not an angel. Jesus is not a created being of any kind (read John chapter 1).

4. The Holy Spirit is God.

5. The Father, the Son (the Word), and the Holy Spirit are different from each other. For example, the Son (the Word) took human form and experienced death on the Cross; the Father and the Holy Spirit did not do that.

The Bible teaches us that these things are all true. It's kind of hard to explain how that can all work, but God is hard for human beings to understand.

Comment

And when you add them together, you get three and not one.

Incidentally, I have never seen a theologian publishing in an academic, peer-reviewed publication, write 'The Son is God' or 'The Holy Spirit is God' with a full stop at the end and no additional qualifier such as 'is God incarnate' or 'is God the indwelling spirit'.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidYoung View Post
                      And when you add them together, you get three and not one.

Incidentally, I have never seen a theologian publishing in an academic, peer-reviewed publication, write 'The Son is God' or 'The Holy Spirit is God' with a full stop at the end and no additional qualifier such as 'is God incarnate' or 'is God the indwelling spirit'.
                      When you add them together you get three persons. However, Trinitarians are making a statement about the quiddity of God, concerned with the essence or substance of God. Christian theologians are answering the question, "what is God" and the answer is a triune Godhead, consisting of three persons. Qualifiers such as "God incarnate" merely describe the relationship between the persons of the Godhead and how we experience them. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are answers to the question, "who is God?" The Godhead answers the question, "what is God?"

See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by CadyandZoe View Post
                        When you add them together you get three persons. However, Trinitarians are making a statement about the quiddity of God, concerned with the essence or substance of God. Christian theologians are answering the question, "what is God" and the answer is a triune Godhead, consisting of three persons. Qualifiers such as "God incarnate" merely describe the relationship between the persons of the Godhead and how we experience them. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are answers to the question, "who is God?" The Godhead answers the question, "what is God?"

See the difference?
                        So the Father, Son , and the Spirit are a what and not a who ?

Jesus is God
                        The Father is God
                        The Spirit is God

They are One. They are Separate.

Only God can do that.

Cady, this thread can go the way of all the other threads. By that, I mean you will eventually say that Jesus isn't God ( which is heresy ) and it will get moved to contro, or simply shut down. That may be your goal ? I don't know.

Comment

MOD NOTE: The OP is long gone and was not seeking an answer anyway. I cannot divulge details.

Since he is gone and since this thread is going the way of all other threads that deny the deity of Christ, I suggest you all just let it die.

jayne
                          sigpic
                          ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Originally posted by Pbminimum View Post
                            So the Father, Son , and the Spirit are a what and not a who ?
                            They are both. We are thinking in terms of categories depending on what question we are asking. For instance, if we want to know who is the president, we identify him as Donald Trump. But if we want to know what he is, we say, "human." There is a difference between the "what" of a person, and the "who" of a person.

Cady, this thread can go the way of all the other threads. By that, I mean you will eventually say that Jesus isn't God ( which is heresy ) and it will get moved to contro, or simply shut down. That may be your goal ? I don't know.
                            That is not my goal. Why would you say that? I answered the question from a Trinitarian point of view. Maybe you aren't familiar with the vocabulary of Trinitarian theology, but what I said is the essence of the Trinitarian view and Trinitarian theologians would find what I said to be familiar terminology. I said nothing that would contradict Trinitarianism. The topic subject is the Trinitarian view and an objection was raised to the view since simple mathematics would suggest tritheism rather than monotheism. Trinitarian theologians argue that God is a being of a single essence comprised of three different people and thus the Trinity is a triunity not tritheism.

Do you disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by jayne View Post
                              MOD NOTE: The OP is long gone and was not seeking an answer anyway. I cannot divulge details.

Since he is gone and since this thread is going the way of all other threads that deny the deity of Christ, I suggest you all just let it die.

jayne
                              To be clear, my intent was not to debate the deity of Christ here and I said nothing to lead anyone to believe otherwise. If you want, I can help other people understand the Trinitarian View, and continue to explain it and all my statements will remain orthodox.

You see, it isn't as if I don't understand the Trinitarian View. I do understand it. I used to believe it; I used to defend it; And I am fully capable of explaining it. Intellectual integrity compels me to know both sides and be able to explain both sides. My intent in this tread was to explain Trinitarianism without rebuttal or argument. If that is a problem, then how are we to help each other learn?

Comment

Working...
                              X