I cant get over with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant get over with

That god would consider homosexuality as a sin. The more i think about it the more petty and unbelievable it sounds. I was out with a couple of friends of mine and we went to a gay club and i just didn't see anything wrong with the people there. The idea that i would one day think there was something wrong with homosexuality feels like believing in something that I know in your heart isnt true.

You could say much the same about any other sin that society has come to regard as normal. I'll bet if you went to a swingers' club you'd see lots of people there and not see anything wrong with them, but God also says adultery and fornications are sins.

The fact that society tolerates something doesn't mean it goes against what God wants for us.
    24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
    I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
    I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
      You could say much the same about any other sin that society has come to regard as normal. I'll bet if you went to a swingers' club you'd see lots of people there and not see anything wrong with them, but God also says adultery and fornications are sins.

The fact that society tolerates something doesn't mean it goes against what God wants for us.
      If that makes them happy then so what? Why would a higher power care about something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuto View Post
        That god would consider homosexuality as a sin. The more i think about it the more petty and unbelievable it sounds. I was out with a couple of friends of mine and we went to a gay club and i just didn't see anything wrong with the people there. The idea that i would one day think there was something wrong with homosexuality feels like believing in something that I know in your heart isnt true.
        Homosexuality is a sin and is condemned throughout the bible:

Gen 19:4-9
        Lev 20:13
        Lev 18:22
        Rom 1:26-27
        1 Cor 6:9
        1 Tim 1:10

We are called to be in the world but not of the world. Homosexuality is an agenda being pushed in society and like many other worldly values, is unacceptable to God. God gives us these laws to protect us from destructive behavior. Nobody debates that sins like alcoholism, drug addiction, adultery, bestiality should be avoided and repented. Homosexuality is out-of-control lust and confusion. It is not how God designed us.

What is in our "heart" is unreliable and irrelevant. Our emotions can deceive us and only God's will is 100% reliable.

1 John 3:20 for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

I think you need more time to mature your faith and really study scripture and pray. If you haven't accepted Jesus yet than that's fine. Consider accepting him as your savor and you will find truth, peace, and sense in this crazy world!

Of course, we shouldn't be hateful to homosexuals and we should love them like any other lost sinner. But reaching out to them doesn't mean we endorse their lifestyle. If we as believers were to ignore their sin, what was the point of Jesus condemning sin and dying on the cross for all of us?

Comment

If that makes them happy then so what? Why would a higher power care about something like that?
          But if you're taking that approach where do you draw the line? If you want to ask why a higher power would care, why would a higher power care if we go round killing each other?

As soon as you start asking why God cares about things, you're effectively saying that God doesn't fit into your mould. Unfortunately things don't work that way - the simple fact is that God does care.

If we decide that our way is better than God's way, that's when we are sinning. That's the mistake Lucifer made before being cast out of heaven, he decided that he wanted to be greater than God. In the same way every time we go our way instead of God's way, we are effectively telling God that he doesn't know what he's talking about and we know better. That way just doesn't work.
          24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
          I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
          I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
          1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by tango View Post
            But if you're taking that approach where do you draw the line? If you want to ask why a higher power would care, why would a higher power care if we go round killing each other?

As soon as you start asking why God cares about things, you're effectively saying that God doesn't fit into your mould. Unfortunately things don't work that way - the simple fact is that God does care.

If we decide that our way is better than God's way, that's when we are sinning. That's the mistake Lucifer made before being cast out of heaven, he decided that he wanted to be greater than God. In the same way every time we go our way instead of God's way, we are effectively telling God that he doesn't know what he's talking about and we know better. That way just doesn't work.
            Isn't there a pretty big difference between killing somebody and being gay? For starters when you are gay that is your business, but when you kill somebody you affect others.

Comment

Hey Tuto

Can I just ask... do you accept that God has the right to tell us how we should live? That if He made us, then He knows best what is right for us, and just like a human parent, might have the authority to say what is right and wrong?

Get off the gay thing for a moment, that's a stumbling block that I had while I was in the world. Think logically first, in a dispassionate way.
              Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Isn't there a pretty big difference between killing somebody and being gay? For starters when you are gay that is your business, but when you kill somebody you affect others.
                One could argue, on this logic, that God doesn't care when people self harm, or take drugs, or commit suicide.
                Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

God isn't just a "higher power." He is our Creator, and He made us by design and with a purpose. He made a woman for the man so that they could be joined together and be one flesh. This was designed to reveal something about the relationship between Christ and those who believe in Him.

Male with male or female with female or human with another species perverts God's purpose and intention.

People who are not believers will do all sorts of things that are unacceptable to God and homosexuality is just one of those things. As a non-Christian it isn't unusual that you would approve of those things but if you hear God's call and want to come to Him, it will be on His terms not yours. We are to repent of our old way of believing, thinking and living, and turn to Him to save us from sin. Homosexuality and other sins lead to death.
                  Love In Christ,
                  Tanya

Comment

God is no respector of persons. Sin is sin - murder, homosexuality, stealing, lying, etc. It all results in separation from His presence. He gave up His ONE and ONLY Son so that you and homosexuals may have life and have it more abundantly. Are all of you willing to suffer for all eternity because of your ego ?

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear Him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
                    PRO 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

He that saves his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for My sake shall save it.

Comment

A lot of things that start out fun or seems to make us happy actually ends up in a dead end and often times hurts us as well as those around us. God is not a kill joy, his rules are to lovingly protect us. In the begining we are blind to those outcomes because we want what we want. No alcoholic or drug addict started off with the intention of being addicted, we just wanted to have a little fun.

I am a sinner in need of a Savior. The Bible teaches me that all are sinners in need of a Savior. My Savior says that I am to love my neighbor as myself (he doesn't say except for the kinds of sinners that I might disaprove of). He paid the price for my sins and has given me eternal life with him, not by being "good" but by grace. Now something amazing has happened. I actually want to sin less. He will complete the work he started here when I go to be with him. When you get to know him it is much different than you might imagine.

God Bless you and yours.

Comment

The point is that you are assuming we know at least as well as God knows. When you were a child I expect you'd have eaten all the chocolate, sweets and cakes you could lay your hands on if your parents had given you the chance (I certainly would have done).

The point is my parents knew that eating that much cake would make me ill and fat. I didn't understand the concepts of diet when I was five years old, so didn't understand how much damage I would have done myself had I eaten nothing but cake.

Had my parents simply shrugged and said "as long as it makes him happy, what business is it of ours?", where would that have left me?

---

Comment

Its actually not loving to say what you have said because its like saying its ok if they get HIV or AIDES...or don't live as long...

Before I became a born again Christian I went to a gay bar with a gay friend of mine for New Years Eve...what I saw was sickening...for many nonbelievers, because this goes against the nature grain of things, even they have a problem with it. Everyone thinks its just us 'Christians' that have a problem with it because of what the bible says...not true. Those most hateful towards homosexuals aren't Christians...they are naturally repulsed by it. Its not what we see around us in most people and in nature. People and animals were set up to procreate..something not naturally possible among homosexual couples without help..

While you think this is just between two people and affects no one else...its not true. Everything we do affects others...especially sin. Sin never happens in a void.

The fact is homosexual men have a shorter life span...and many that say they are homosexuals are actually bisexual so STD to spread from the gay community to the heterosexual community. I could provide tons of data showing how this lifestyle has harmed so many in many different ways.

Going by what your 'gut' says is only saying you think you and others are smarter then our Creator...

As someone else pointed out God set these rules to protect us because He loves us. If everyone followed His rules there would be no babies dying of AIDES right now...no STD at all! But since we think we are smarter then Him....and what to do what we want to do, now millions have died from AIDES. When we do it our way, we usually end up killing ourselves...not very smart if you ask me...
                          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

First of all my Faith calls everyone of us the chastity, whether you are straight or gay, we are all required to be chaste. This means that sexual relations are between married couples only. Therefore according to the design of God, marrige is between a man and a woman. There are reaons why too, one is because of procreation. Second, it symbolizes the marriage between Christ and His Bride the Church. Homosexuality is contrary to both of those.

Comment

Tuto - like others, i'm glad you are here on the forums and asking questions. Things like this are like trees, when you stand behind one facing it there seems no way past. Take a step or 2 backwards and you see how easy it is. Walking through the 'forest' of our lives, there are thousands of trees, the trick is not to bump into them!

Love SofTy.
                              1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Working...
                              X