The new way the forum handles BOLD and UNDERLINE etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new way the forum handles BOLD and UNDERLINE etc

On the old forum software it looked like this when you used the BOLD or UNDERLINE options:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall (b)the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven(/b), and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Instead of ( ) it's [ ] I just can't use them or it will do the bolding. In the old software you saw the coding so when you copied it, the coding was visible.

But now it appears like this:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

I like the old way because I can copy and past it into a notepad and when copied and posted the BOLD etc will work again but in the new way the BOLD etc is not copied when copied and pasted into notepad.

Some forums allow you to go from the new way to show the coding but I can't find that here. Is there a way to convert to see the coding?
    Last edited by ewq1938; Mar 10th 2020, 12:15 AM.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

The old software may have handled formatting in some way other than HTML. Simple programs like Notepad or WordPad can't handle HTML. With the old software, if HTML wasn't involved, Notepad could then give you the formatting when you pasted. I'm just guessing. I don't know how text would be formatted other than with HTML but it sounds like something like that might be going on.

Word pastes the source formatting by default. You might have to use a little more sophisticated program to copy to.

Can you right click on a page and "View Source?" I can do that in Chrome and it shows the coding. I don't know if that's what you mean.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and always perseveres.

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
      The old software may have handled formatting in some way other than HTML. Simple programs like Notepad or WordPad can't handle HTML. With the old software, if HTML wasn't involved, Notepad could then give you the formatting when you pasted. I'm just guessing. I don't know how text would be formatted other than with HTML but it sounds like something like that might be going on.

Word pastes the source formatting by default. You might have to use a little more sophisticated program to copy to.

Can you right click on a page and "View Source?" I can do that in Chrome and it shows the coding. I don't know if that's what you mean.
      I don't want to use Word and view source has way too much info to try to hunt down my text etc. For now I am using a dif forum to temporarily do my typing and BOLDING as it acts like the old software did, then I copy and paste it to here but it's a hassle.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Working...
      X