Retired administrator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired administrator?

What is a retired administrator? Isn't someone either an administrator and not retired, or retired and not an administrator any more?

Re: Retired administrator?

Originally posted by Sonajero View Post
    What is a retired administrator? Isn't someone either an administrator and not retired, or retired and not an administrator any more?
    Retired Admins are those who served in this ministry but have retired from active "administration" on the board. However, due to their ministerial service in real life for the Body, they continue to be the "pastoral" ministers on the board for the volunteer Mods, Meds, Admins and even membership of this entire board.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
      Retired Admins are those who served in this ministry but have retired from active "administration" on the board. However, due to their ministerial service in real life for the Body, they continue to be the "pastoral" ministers on the board for the volunteer Mods, Meds, Admins and even membership of this entire board.
      What is a pastoral minister on the board? Don't people have pastoral ministers in their churches who know them better than someone on a forum?

Comment

What is a pastoral minister on the board? Don't people have pastoral ministers in their churches who know them better than someone on a forum?
        Some of the leadership here are going on 10+ years, some here are in a position of "been there/done that" that only those who have been through it, understand how and why ministers on this board are used by God in mighty ways into the lives of leadership and membership on this board.
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Some of the leadership here are going on 10+ years, some here are in a position of "been there/done that" that only those who have been through it, understand how and why ministers on this board are used by God in mighty ways into the lives of leadership and membership on this board.
          I think I'd still rather talk to a pastor in my church but I guess I haven't "been there/done that", as you put it.

If the retired administrators are more like pastors why aren't they just called pastors?

Comment

I think I'd still rather talk to a pastor in my church but I guess I haven't "been there/done that", as you put it.
            All who receive ministering by the pastors and ministers on this site are advised to also speak in person with their church leadership, those who are actually in authority over them.

If the retired administrators are more like pastors why aren't they just called pastors?
            In real life, they are

(BTW, I am answering you in this capacity because I served in this ministry, as an Admin for several years)
            Slug1--out

Comment

All who receive ministering by the pastors and ministers on this site are advised to also speak in person with their church leadership, those who are actually in authority over them.

In real life, they are

(BTW, I am answering you in this capacity because I served in this ministry, as an Admin for several years)
              What sort of ministering can somebody do over the internet? I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm not sure how words on a screen are even a partial alternative to a person who knows you as well as I'd hope a church minister would know you.

If it's personal I understand if you don't want to answer, I'm just seeing lots of limitations to anything online. I don't quite get how the "been there/done that" works with a forum like this. Is it really bad enough being an Admin that special ministering is required?

Comment

What sort of ministering can somebody do over the internet? I'm not trying to be awkward here, I'm not sure how words on a screen are even a partial alternative to a person who knows you as well as I'd hope a church minister would know you.

If it's personal I understand if you don't want to answer, I'm just seeing lots of limitations to anything online. I don't quite get how the "been there/done that" works with a forum like this. Is it really bad enough being an Admin that special ministering is required?
                Ya ever call say, a pastor that serves at KLOVE radio? A person calls, the pastor that speaks with you, listens to your situation and offer scriptural and godly ministering? Then, later that person overcomes the problem by following through with the ministering they received from a pastor who doesn't know them and they call back to KLOVE and testify. The listeners of KLOVE radio get to listen to the testimony as many overcomers allow their call to be a part of KLOVE's broadcasting?

Ever listen to any of the testimonies so you can understand the value of ministering from whomEVER God uses to help a person?
                Slug1--out

Comment

Ya ever call say, a pastor that serves at KLOVE radio? A person calls, the pastor that speaks with you, listens to your situation and offer scriptural and godly ministering? Then, later that person overcomes the problem by following through with the ministering they received from a pastor who doesn't know them and they call back to KLOVE and testify. The listeners of KLOVE radio get to listen to the testimony as many overcomers allow their call to be a part of KLOVE's broadcasting?

Ever listen to any of the testimonies so you can understand the value of ministering from whomEVER God uses to help a person?
                  Can't say that I have. I don't listen to the radio a whole lot, don't much care for it. The times I've needed pastoral care I've gone to an actual pastor I can see, who I can be sure is an actual pastor, and who I can follow up with in person if I want to. If I want to put something out there anonymously I don't want to be live on air wondering if anybody I know is listening and can recognise my voice or something. To be honest I struggle to get excited about things if I don't know they aren't staged. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but I don't know for sure so I usually just ignore them.

Can't say that I have. I don't listen to the radio a whole lot, don't much care for it. The times I've needed pastoral care I've gone to an actual pastor I can see, who I can be sure is an actual pastor, and who I can follow up with in person if I want to. If I want to put something out there anonymously I don't want to be live on air wondering if anybody I know is listening and can recognise my voice or something. To be honest I struggle to get excited about things if I don't know they aren't staged. Maybe they are and maybe they aren't, but I don't know for sure so I usually just ignore them.

Don't know what happened there.

Comment

Let me ask a question then... is the fervent prayer(s) mentioned in James 5, ONLY limited to "a" pastor that happens to be the one over you? Or can I, a complete stranger to you, hear your need and pray in expectation of God answering and you receive healing, an answer, a break through, etc... or such ministering prayers (or scriptural advice) is only limited to a pastor over you?
                    Slug1--out

Comment

Ye ol' technical glitch double post it seems.
                      Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

Let me ask a question then... is the fervent prayer(s) mentioned in James 5, ONLY limited to "a" pastor that happens to be the one over you? Or can I, a complete stranger to you, hear your need and pray in expectation of God answering and you receive healing, an answer, a break through, etc... or such ministering prayers (or scriptural advice) is only limited to a pastor over you?
                        That's not really the same question. If I post a prayer concern here nobody knows my identity so I keep anonymity and without worrying whether anybody else listening might recognize me on the radio or something. Anyone can pray for me if they want. Nobody knows if what I'm posting is real or not, and I don't know if you are just a regular Christian guy like me or a doctor of theology or a working pastor or what. Neither of us can know for sure that the other is even a Christian.

If I wanted pray or general advice I'm happy to post online to see what comes back. If I want personal pastoral care I'd rather go to an actual pastor, one who I know and who knows me. The two aren't the same question.

Comment

That's not really the same question. If I post a prayer concern here nobody knows my identity so I keep anonymity and without worrying whether anybody else listening might recognize me on the radio or something. Anyone can pray for me if they want. Nobody knows if what I'm posting is real or not, and I don't know if you are just a regular Christian guy like me or a doctor of theology or a working pastor or what. Neither of us can know for sure that the other is even a Christian.

If I wanted pray or general advice I'm happy to post online to see what comes back. If I want personal pastoral care I'd rather go to an actual pastor, one who I know and who knows me. The two aren't the same question.
                          Well, like I mentioned earlier, after years of investment into the lives of those whom have volunteered, the care received and/or given... is personal and received by those who are trusted.
                          Slug1--out

Comment

Well, like I mentioned earlier, after years of investment into the lives of those whom have volunteered, the care received and/or given... is personal and received by those who are trusted.
                            I suppose if you got to know people you might become inclined to trust them. It doesn't sound like much of a retirement to me. If they are still active in a pastoral role why not just call them site pastors or something?

Comment

Working...
                            X