"The server is too busy" error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The server is too busy" error

I have been getting this message periodically when trying to log into the site, perhaps once a week, and lasts an hour or more. Is anyone else experiencing this too? Is there a need for more resources? I shall contribute if so!
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Re: "The server is too busy" error

I did get that yesterday. I cleared my DNS, my browsing cache, etc...
    Closed and re-opened my browser and then I was able to log-on.

Comment

Originally posted by HoldingOn View Post
      i do alot.

i figure it means what it says and try back later, after waiting a bit it gets back on fine. hmmmm.

let us know if there is a better way.
      Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Comment

I get it more or less every day. Today I lost a post that I really can't be bothered to retype. I'm verging on givng up on the site, half the time when I want to get on it won't let me on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonajero View Post
          I get it more or less every day. Today I lost a post that I really can't be bothered to retype. I'm verging on givng up on the site, half the time when I want to get on it won't let me on.
          It’s several times a day lately. I’ve gotten used to the habit of copying my posts before I submit them.
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Aijalon View Post
              I have been getting this message periodically when trying to log into the site, perhaps once a week, and lasts an hour or more. Is anyone else experiencing this too? Is there a need for more resources? I shall contribute if so!
              I have it every day, usually around this time, but last no longer then 5 — 10 minutes, yesterday evening it lasted for at least an hour.

Aristarkos

Comment

Originally posted by HoldingOn View Post
                Can we all see if this works? Is it a browser or cache issue? Is it common on firefox? I'm on Firefox 61.0.2.

This has only been an issue for me since maybe May of this year off and on.
                As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Aijalon View Post
                  Can we all see if this works? Is it a browser or cache issue? Is it common on firefox? I'm on Firefox 61.0.2.

This has only been an issue for me since maybe May of this year off and on.
                  Sixth and a half seal....

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                    Sixth and a half seal....
                    So far the audience has tried the "wait a time times and half a time, press F8" method. Works 100% of the time!

Comment

This issue was really bad for a while, maybe a year ago? (I think there was a thread asking the same question back then) Then it went away for the most part but is popping up again.

Here was that thread:
                      https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...81-Server-busy

That was actually in spring of 2017. Man time flies!
                      Last edited by teddyv; Aug 23rd 2018, 03:06 PM. Reason: added link
                      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
                      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

It's been off and on for me ever since back then. Sometimes I can log on for weeks at a time with no problem and then for weeks it's almost every day or every other day I'll get hit with the "server too busy" notice.

It is what it is I guess. I'm thankful for the times I can log on and post. When I can't? I just do other things until I can. There's nothing I can do about it on my end so there's no sense in my worrying over it.
                        "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

Comment

I use Safari, and I have to say that I've never encountered this problem.
                          The Rookie

Twelve is the number of government. Thus, it is quite apropos that I am on my way towards wielding the power of twelve bars - each bar like, say, a tribe.....or a star.....or, maybe an apostle. A blue apostle. Like apostle smurfs. Does anyone remember smurfs? And all the controversy about them being from the devil? It's probably bad that I juxtaposed "apostle" and "smurf" in the same sentence. But then, I probably lost you at "blue apostle". Yes, my friends, this is what "rare jewel of a person" is actually implying. "Rare Jewel of a Person" really means, "Potentially Insane".

Comment

It could because the RabbiKnife is back...

I use Safari, too, and I don't have that issue, either.

Comment

Originally posted by the rookie View Post
                              I use Safari, and I have to say that I've never encountered this problem.
                              I use Safari also but get the error message pretty often.
                              Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

Comment

Working...
                              X