Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new software seems to be a big improvement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The new software seems to be a big improvement

    So far so good. There seem to be a few bugs but I'm sure they'll get ironed out. Thanks and good work.

  • #2
    I'm loving all of the new improvements, a lot !

    One thing I do miss (a lot too) though is prior to the update it required only one click to find whats new and new topic on on all of the forum's boards here at the same time, now it seems that I have to navigate to each individual board to see what's new.
    ....Maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate the new format to access those to quick search options yet ?
    Because, now it's quite difficult for me to find not just "new post", but also to find "new topics" on all boards at the same time with just one click. (I have a lot of free time to search without that added convenience, but not everyone does, so this might be a discouraging factor to folk's who's lives are much busier than mine)
    Again, maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate to those "quick" options yet.


    Anyway, I am very grateful for the time and work put into this forum update, it's awesome, and it demonstrates the love that drives this house !
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

    Comment


    • #3
      Another thing that I've found to be an inconvenience or hindrance, is that once I enter a thread I cannot find any option to "quickly" navigate to the first unread post on that thread.

      But again, maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate to those "quick" option yet either ?



      Thank you again for the update, the improvements are awesome !
      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
      Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
        Another thing that I've found to be an inconvenience or hindrance, is that once I enter a thread I cannot find any option to "quickly" navigate to the first unread post on that thread.

        But again, maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate to those "quick" option yet either ?



        Thank you again for the update, the improvements are awesome !
        When in that thread click on LATEST ACTIVITY on top of the page, the latest post will then be the first.
        "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
        a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
        rightly dividing the word of truth."
        2 Tim. 2:15

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

          When in that thread click on LATEST ACTIVITY on top of the page, the latest post will then be the first.
          Ah, thank you, found it with your help.
          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
          Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
            Ah, thank you, found it with your help.
            You're welcome, what I really miss is the old activity page, the new version has something similar, but I'm not so happy with it. It is harder to find new posts, but maybe we just have to get used to it.
            "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
            a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
            rightly dividing the word of truth."
            2 Tim. 2:15

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
              I'm loving all of the new improvements, a lot !

              One thing I do miss (a lot too) though is prior to the update it required only one click to find whats new and new topic on on all of the forum's boards here at the same time, now it seems that I have to navigate to each individual board to see what's new.
              ....Maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate the new format to access those to quick search options yet ?
              Because, now it's quite difficult for me to find not just "new post", but also to find "new topics" on all boards at the same time with just one click. (I have a lot of free time to search without that added convenience, but not everyone does, so this might be a discouraging factor to folk's who's lives are much busier than mine)
              Again, maybe I have just not figured out how to navigate to those "quick" options yet.


              Anyway, I am very grateful for the time and work put into this forum update, it's awesome, and it demonstrates the love that drives this house !
              The top menu bar (Forums, Blogs, Articles, Groups), just under it is the "New Topics" link. Or, find the "Latest Activity" link too.
              Slug1--out

              ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

                You're welcome, what I really miss is the old activity page, the new version has something similar, but I'm not so happy with it. It is harder to find new posts, but maybe we just have to get used to it.
                Me too !
                It was so much easier/convenient to navigate to "all" new post and topics using the activity page to see whats new on "all" boards at the same time with just one click.
                ....Unless I am missing an option in this new format, then the new way to do that is a burden by having to check each new board individually now.
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                Comment


                • #9
                  And the mobile version is usable.
                  Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
                  Ecc 7:10

                  John777 exists to me only in quoted form.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

                    You're welcome, what I really miss is the old activity page, the new version has something similar, but I'm not so happy with it. It is harder to find new posts, but maybe we just have to get used to it.
                    If in a "forum" page, ex: Bible Chat and then you click the "My Subscriptions," maybe this is what will help you?
                    Slug1--out

                    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                      Me too !
                      It was so much easier/convenient to navigate to "all" new post and topics using the activity page to see whats new on "all" boards at the same time with just one click.
                      ....Unless I am missing an option in this new format, then the new way to do that is a burden by having to check each new board individually now.
                      I've been playing with it all day, but haven't found it yet. Now you can click LATEST ACTIVITY or New Topics, but neither is as good as the old if you ask me.
                      "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                      a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                      rightly dividing the word of truth."
                      2 Tim. 2:15

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        For example I just posted the above but in LATEST ACTIVITY this is what shows


                        pdun459 pdun459 started a topic The new software seems to be a big improvement
                        in Tech Questions

                        Today, 06:05 PM

                        So far so good. There seem to be a few bugs but I'm sure they'll get ironed out. Thanks and good work.
                        See more | Go to post


                        "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                        a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                        rightly dividing the word of truth."
                        2 Tim. 2:15

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

                          If in a "forum" page, ex: Bible Chat and then you click the "My Subscriptions," maybe this is what will help you?
                          That works yes, but I want to see all new post, not just new post on threads that I've subscribed to.
                          Maybe what I am wanting is unique to me personally, but I think many folks here want to at least have the opportunity to see all new post, not just all new post that are on threads that they've subscribed to.

                          I'm not critiquing to demean the update, I'm actually enjoying 'all' of the update's new features.
                          I'm just trying to share a few hindrances toward time-saving conveniences that I've come across so far in the updated format.
                          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                          Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
                            That works yes, but I want to see all new post, not just new post on threads that I've subscribed to.
                            When I click the "Latest Activity," then what you just described happens.

                            Also, the very 1st thing I did when I logged back on was to click the down arrow next to my name (top R corner) and go through all my settings. Many did default out and I had to reset them to what I want to see, how I want to see the board.

                            Slug1--out

                            ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                              When I click the "Latest Activity," then what you just described happens.

                              Also, the very 1st thing I did when I logged back on was to click the down arrow next to my name (top R corner) and go through all my settings. Many did default out and I had to reset them to what I want to see, how I want to see the board.
                              Okay thanks Slug1, I'll give that a try in settings.
                              Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                              Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X