X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adonijah
    replied
    Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
    Are smilies working? I can't see any, either in my own posts or others. I can't find an option in settings to show or hide them. Anyone know if there is one?
    I don't think the actual images are in the correct directories, like the reputation stars of users. BTW, that's odd, I do see reputation stars on my mobile phone.

Leave a comment:

• pdun459
    replied
    Are smilies working? I can't see any, either in my own posts or others. I can't find an option in settings to show or hide them. Anyone know if there is one?

Leave a comment:

• ChangedByHim
    replied
    Did the default layout change? Or is it just an option?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberseeker
    replied
    I like the new wide logo at the top of the page.

Leave a comment:

• Adonijah
    replied
    Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post

Click the "New Topics" button on the upper left hand side.
    Thanks, I figured that out, but it seems it's not showing all new posts, for instance this topic - The Opportune Time...... - contains a post by jayne today at 2:00 pm (my time anyway) but it doesn't show up in the New Topics. At least I can't find it.

It is showing up in Latest Activity BTW

Leave a comment:

• Brother Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Adonijah View Post

You're welcome, what I really miss is the old activity page, the new version has something similar, but I'm not so happy with it. It is harder to find new posts, but maybe we just have to get used to it.
    Click the "New Topics" button on the upper left hand side.

Leave a comment:

• Aviyah
    replied
    I like it overall, not much has changed about how I personally navigate the site. The only issues I have are aesthetic; like I preferred having the person's profile on the top of the post rather than the side. But that's nothing really - I'll get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• pdun459
    replied
    You can also select Topics and filter by Today. It shows you the day's activity and when the latest post was and who made it.

Leave a comment:

• pdun459
    replied
    In the old Forum I used Quick Links most of the time and selected the first one in the list, I believe it was "Today's Posts" or something like that. I can get the same result now with Latest Activity and then Filter for today.

On a little different note, when you select "Add Smilies" you can't see the emoticons, only a description and blank thumbnails.

Leave a comment:

• Jacob's Ladder
    replied
    Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
    When I click the "Latest Activity," then what you just described happens.

Also, the very 1st thing I did when I logged back on was to click the down arrow next to my name (top R corner) and go through all my settings. Many did default out and I had to reset them to what I want to see, how I want to see the board.
    Thank you again, I foundan option in "User settings/account/Conversation Detail Options" and changed the check-mark from "post" to "latest activity"

Leave a comment:

• Jacob's Ladder
    replied

Also, the very 1st thing I did when I logged back on was to click the down arrow next to my name (top R corner) and go through all my settings. Many did default out and I had to reset them to what I want to see, how I want to see the board.
    Okay thanks Slug1, I'll give that a try in settings.

Leave a comment:

• Slug1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    That works yes, but I want to see all new post, not just new post on threads that I've subscribed to.

Leave a comment:

• Jacob's Ladder
    replied

If in a "forum" page, ex: Bible Chat and then you click the "My Subscriptions," maybe this is what will help you?
    That works yes, but I want to see all new post, not just new post on threads that I've subscribed to.
    Maybe what I am wanting is unique to me personally, but I think many folks here want to at least have the opportunity to see all new post, not just all new post that are on threads that they've subscribed to.

I'm not critiquing to demean the update, I'm actually enjoying 'all' of the update's new features.
    I'm just trying to share a few hindrances toward time-saving conveniences that I've come across so far in the updated format.

Leave a comment:

• Adonijah
    replied
    For example I just posted the above but in LATEST ACTIVITY this is what shows

pdun459 pdun459 started a topic The new software seems to be a big improvement
    in Tech Questions

Today, 06:05 PM

So far so good. There seem to be a few bugs but I'm sure they'll get ironed out. Thanks and good work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Adonijah
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
    Me too !
    It was so much easier/convenient to navigate to "all" new post and topics using the activity page to see whats new on "all" boards at the same time with just one click.
    ....Unless I am missing an option in this new format, then the new way to do that is a burden by having to check each new board individually now.
    I've been playing with it all day, but haven't found it yet. Now you can click LATEST ACTIVITY or New Topics, but neither is as good as the old if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X