Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook and Bibleforums.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Facebook and Bibleforums.

    Hi, I have been using my facebook account for more that four years logging in to Bibleforums. Since Friday last week it just does not work. I am running win 10 with Chrome. I have done what windows trouble shooter says and that is to clear cookies which I did, and then I can see everything. This account was created a while ago so nothing that I have posted shows up under this account. Is there someone with any solutions so that I can use my facebook login again?

    Thanks

    Louwrens

  • #2
    Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

    Originally posted by LouwrensErasmus View Post
    Hi, I have been using my facebook account for more that four years logging in to Bibleforums. Since Friday last week it just does not work.
    What happens when you try and login using Facebook? Do you get any error messages or just a blank screen?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

      It tells me that facebook is not working and I have to try and clear my cookies. I do this for both Bibleforums and Facebook and it still does the same thing. Even while I was trying to post the response previously, it automatically went to facebook again and tried to log me in using facebook, even while I am logged in using this user. I am on windows 10, latest update and running on a MSI laptop.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

        Or is there a way to link my facebook profile to this one as I am now treated as a newbie, with nearly nothing to view or look at. Even blogs I can't look at as I am not who I am.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

          Originally posted by LouwrensErasmus View Post
          Or is there a way to link my facebook profile to this one as I am now treated as a newbie, with nearly nothing to view or look at. Even blogs I can't look at as I am not who I am.
          I tried using Chrome and experienced the same result. Will investigate and see if the root cause can be found.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

            Originally posted by nerdforjesus View Post
            I tried using Chrome and experienced the same result. Will investigate and see if the root cause can be found.
            Thanks. It is really driving me crazy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

              Originally posted by LouwrensErasmus View Post
              Thanks. It is really driving me crazy.
              Please will you send me a PM?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                I have turned PM on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                  Originally posted by LouwrensErasmus View Post
                  I have turned PM on.
                  Thank you. Continuing conversation via PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                    Have converted your Facebook account into a regular login, and sent you the user name via PM. Please let me know if everything is working again.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                      Originally posted by nerdforjesus View Post
                      Have converted your Facebook account into a regular login, and sent you the user name via PM. Please let me know if everything is working again.
                      Thanks. Seems to be working. Using the temp login even after clearing history and all cookies it would still try to go to Facebook, but so far so good. None of that behaviour.
                      Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                        Oops. and there it goes again. It allowed me to post replies here, but the moment I posted an update after logging in to my normal facebook account, it decided to confirm my login details with facebook. I give up. It seems that as soon as I reply to a thread that used my old facebook details it runs around in circles. So I will just ignore those threads.
                        Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                          I have the reverse problem. I don't use facebook to logon but when I open BF in Chrome I get the forum main page. However, if I click any forum link the url tries to resolve to facebook. I think there is something up with the DNS zone file for this domain. I am now using IE for this forum and Chrome for facebook(and everything else).
                          Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                            I thought everything wss working but it is back to trying to verify everything with facebook. My suggestion is to disable facebook completely. I am now running from my tab using a built in vodafone browser to post this.
                            Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Facebook and Bibleforums.

                              Originally posted by Louwrens Erasmus View Post
                              Oops. and there it goes again. It allowed me to post replies here, but the moment I posted an update after logging in to my normal facebook account, it decided to confirm my login details with facebook. I give up. It seems that as soon as I reply to a thread that used my old facebook details it runs around in circles. So I will just ignore those threads.
                              Please would you send me the link to one of these older threads where you tried to reply via PM?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X