No announcement yet.

All my cpanel e-mails quit working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help All my cpanel e-mails quit working.

Went into my email, and roundcude won't load, so I clicked on the other two and they won't load either. I hope uninstalling wordpress did not some how delete my email files?
    Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.
    My site: http://www.yecheadquarters.org/

Re: All my cpanel e-mails quit working.

Never mind, it started working again. Server might have been doing something and made it not work temperately.
    Note: By request I can only post and see the tech section of this forum. So don't respond to my posts in the other sections because I cannot see them so I cannot respond. You can PM me if you need to.

Comment

You might have checked email during the merge. BDH warned us of this in that other thread of his announcing the merge.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by ikester7579 View Post
        Never mind, it started working again. Server might have been doing something and made it not work temperately.
        If you entered your password and/or user name incorrectly several times in a row, it can cause the firewall to temporarily ban your IP. For most things (like mail, Control Panel etc) the ban is for 1 hour. That's usually enough to discourage hackers using software that tries to brute force attack mail and hosting accounts... once their hacking software sees the server has banned them, they move on and attack someone else. Unfortunately, if you do the same, the server thinks you are the hacker and bans you.

People sometimes ask if this is essential and why it's important. I've just taken a look at the server logs for your site - so far today (since 00:00 GMT - approximately 15 1/2 hours) you have had 39 intrusion attempts into your accounts:

14 FTP attacks (brute force password)
        2 SQL injection attacks
        23 email brute force attacks

Not that you do, but many people still use really weak passwords like "password" and "bob123" ... those are prime targets and without some kind of protection wouldn't last a day. Lately we have been enforcing password strength testing and the server will not allow you to create a password like "password". Unfortunately it will still allow something equally bad like "Bob123Bob"

10 Years ago, we used to see 1 attack per server per week. Now we can see upwards of 50 per account per day. It's scary how this has grown in the past few years.
        Time's up

Comment

Well when there are really no enforceable laws, people will do bad things. I have had my site hacked, two forums hacked. Been stalked on the internet. Death threats made, etc... It's par for the course when you have the truth of the word of God.

I got passed all the log in parts. It's when I clicked on the e-mail program name to check my e-mail that the page would not load. So the passwords were not the problem. But it works now and that's all that matters.

Comment

Working...
          X