BDH - SMF update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help BDH - SMF update

I used the Softaculous to update my SMF board from the 1.1.14 to the new 2.0.

All I see is this when I surf to the site:

Unknown column 'add_deny' in 'field list'
    Beginning to research but you always seem to find a solution quickly
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Re: BDH - SMF update

Well, I found this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=232748.0

So, I'll track down the edit I need to make.

edit: actually, this is the opposite of what I need to do I guess?

Next question, as I look more... what php file in would contain this string that needs editing?
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Found this also: http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=437431.0

and this:

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=414195.0

Seems I may have to do this manually... uuhhgg!
      Slug1--out

Comment

Looks like you're right.

See also

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=407877.0
        Time's up

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
          Next question, as I look more... what php file in would contain this string that needs editing?
          If at all possible, this you want to avoid. That's what we had to do Saturday to get this board to work and it was an 12 hour 2 man job. Not preferred recreation if you can avoid it
          Time's up

Comment

Progress

Step 1: Login
            Step 2: Upgrade Options
            Step 3: Backup
            Step 4: Database Changes
            Step 5: Delete Upgrade

100%

Overall Progress
            Time Elapsed: 4 mins, 19 seconds.
            Upgrade Complete

All is done and it's back up... just that all the personal work in customization is gone

Happy now though!!
            Slug1--out

Comment

... just that all the personal work in customization is gone
              vBulletin does the same. Drives me nuts. One would think they could do an upgrade without breaking every single one of your customizations each time.
              Time's up

Comment

Originally posted by bdh View Post
                vBulletin does the same. Drives me nuts. One would think they could do an upgrade without breaking every single one of your customizations each time.
                I'm reducing the customization to a logo at the top and a theme I like so I just have to activate it each time

Since this is a major upgrade there are a ton more settings to set, I just pray with each minor upgrade from this point on, I don't have to wade through all those settings and apply/reapply or un-apply all that I do today each and every time they upgrade.

Now to see if I can find the original logo I made!!
                Slug1--out

Comment

I just pray with each minor upgrade from this point on, I don't have to wade through all those settings and apply/reapply or un-apply all that I do today each and every time they upgrade.
                  Sometimes software developers are not the most forward thinking: Imagine if every time you needed to change the oil on your car you had to remove the engine to reach the sump plug.
                  Time's up

Comment

Working...
                  X