Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help PDF links in Firefox?

Hi computer people,

I created a PDF page with links and uploaded it to my website. When I test the links in MS Explorer they work fine. However, when I test the links in Firefox they don't go anywhere. A pop-up simply says, "resource://pdf.js/web/"

Here is the page: http://www.5loaves2fishes.net/pdfs/kings.pdf

The offending links are on the top page. What I don't understand is how the internal links work but the links to other web pages do not? Any ideas for me?
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Re: PDF links in Firefox?

Originally posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Hi computer people,

I created a PDF page with links and uploaded it to my website. When I test the links in MS Explorer they work fine. However, when I test the links in Firefox they don't go anywhere. A pop-up simply says, "resource://pdf.js/web/"

Here is the page: http://www.5loaves2fishes.net/pdfs/kings.pdf

The offending links are on the top page. What I don't understand is how the internal links work but the links to other web pages do not? Any ideas for me?

I am using firefox and they work for me...except I was having problems getting to that last link because that thing comes up at the bottom of the screen where a person can click to print, or enlarge or move up the down. It might be you need to clear out your cache on firefox for it to work for you.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Hi Moonglow.

These are the links that will not open for me. links on page 1 of pdf?

For charts of the Judges of Israel,
      please go here:
      www.5loaves2fishes.net/pdfs/judges.pdf
      For charts of the Intertestament Era,
      please go here:
      www.5loaves2fishes.net/pdfs/silentyears.pdf
      For 'The Atonement Clock',
      please go here:
      www.5loaves2fishes.net/node/218

When I hover over them I get a popup saying, "resource://pdf.js/web" I cleared my cache too. Heh? Are the above 3 links working for you on my PDF page? (They are working here but not on my PDF)
      "Your name and renown

Comment

Phew! All sorted out. It seems to have been a little quirk in Adobe Acrobat where I originally created the links. I fixed it by removing all links from the document then creating them again. Now people can "preview in Firefox" OR "Adobe."

Thanks for putting up with me trying to work through my little prob.
        "Your name and renown

Comment

Glad you got it figured out.
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Working...
          X