Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66

Thread: A few Questions

  1. #1

    A few Questions

    I am an atheist, many of my friends are Christian, but they have failed to answer a few questions I have about the Christain faith.

    To start off, one problem I have with Christianity is "redemption"

    Many modern christian sects believe that in order to reach heaven, and receive eternal life, one must follow christ as their true savior. The problem i have is, if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven? Is heaven limited? Then god is not all powerful. Does god not want everyone in heaven even though he loves them?

    The second is a more creation of the universe type questione. If god created the universe, what was around before it? If there was nothing, how would god exist? If god has existed before the universe, what made him suddenly decide to create an endlessly expanding (as science has proven), infinite expanse and decide that on one tiny planet, out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water
    Posts
    1,124
    Hi k10,

    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    Many modern christian sects believe that in order to reach heaven, and receive eternal life, one must follow christ as their true savior. The problem i have is, if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven? Is heaven limited? Then god is not all powerful. Does god not want everyone in heaven even though he loves them?
    It has nothing to do with what God can and cannot do; it has everything to do with what God has chosen to do. To enter the kingdom of heaven, man must come on God's terms, not his own terms. The kingdom is God's and it is not unreasonable that He would determine the conditions for entrance.

    Additionally, it would not be reasonable for God to receive into His kingdom, to be with Him for all eternity, those who are in rebellion against Him.

    The second is a more creation of the universe type questione. If god created the universe, what was around before it?
    Einstein has shown that time itself is part of the universe, so this fact renders the question moot. There was no 'before' because 'before' is a 'time' word. Time was created when the universe was created: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

    If there was nothing, how would god exist?
    Life is in God who has no beginning or end. We don't have life in and of ourselves; it is given to us by God and can be taken away from us. His life is eternal. He has given life to us and offers us eternal life as a free gift for all who believe in His Son.

    out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?
    God made the earth itself especially for the purpose of being a place for man to live. The other heavenly bodies were made to declare God's glory, and to be for lights as well as for signs and seasons from the perspective of the earth.
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya







  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I am an atheist, many of my friends are Christian, but they have failed to answer a few questions I have about the Christain faith.

    To start off, one problem I have with Christianity is "redemption"

    Many modern christian sects believe that in order to reach heaven, and receive eternal life, one must follow christ as their true savior. The problem i have is, if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven? Is heaven limited? Then god is not all powerful. Does god not want everyone in heaven even though he loves them?

    The second is a more creation of the universe type questione. If god created the universe, what was around before it? If there was nothing, how would god exist? If god has existed before the universe, what made him suddenly decide to create an endlessly expanding (as science has proven), infinite expanse and decide that on one tiny planet, out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?
    To answer the first question: God does allow anyone and everyone to enter heaven, if they follow Him. But not everyone chooses to follow God.
    John 14:6;

    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me".

    We don't know what was before this known universe, it in all honesty doesn't really matter. It definitely wasn't nothing, however. Nothing is something that has never existed Can't tell you why God created a supposedly ever expanding universe will billions of planets. But He created us to share in the experience of existence--joy, for one.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    Hi k10,



    It has nothing to do with what God can and cannot do; it has everything to do with what God has chosen to do. To enter the kingdom of heaven, man must come on God's terms, not his own terms. The kingdom is God's and it is not unreasonable that He would determine the conditions for entrance.
    I am not questioning God's terms for entrance to heaven, I am questioning why God would appear so malevolent as to doom his children to an eternal suffering in hell.



    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    Additionally, it would not be reasonable for God to receive into His kingdom, to be with Him for all eternity, those who are in rebellion against Him.
    This statement makes God appear spiteful. If it is true that he loves everyone, I don't think he would hold a grudge against them.

    Also, about those who have never received the word of god, are they doomed to hell as well? I don't see them as "in rebellion against god." And what about muslims or hindus? Often times they are among the most devoted and dogmatic of religions, yet they will be punished for living in a different region of the world where a separate religion is dominant? Why doesn't god "make" everyone christian? why doesnt he appear and show the world the "light?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    Einstein has shown that time itself is part of the universe, so this fact renders the question moot. There was no 'before' because 'before' is a 'time' word. Time was created when the universe was created: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

    This is also misleading. In one way, it sounds like you are saying that god came about when the universe came about, which would mean that god is not omnipotent. On the other hand, it sounds like you are saying god transcends time and space. This is a bit hard to swallow without any real evidence (besides the bible).


    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    Life is in God who has no beginning or end. We don't have life in and of ourselves; it is given to us by God and can be taken away from us. His life is eternal. He has given life to us and offers us eternal life as a free gift for all who believe in His Son.
    But if god is all powerful, why would he have to devote his son's life for us? Why couldn't he just make sin go away instantly? Is he unable? then he is truly not omnipotent.
    [/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaP View Post
    God made the earth itself especially for the purpose of being a place for man to live. The other heavenly bodies were made to declare God's glory, and to be for lights as well as for signs and seasons from the perspective of the earth.
    But why would he make a universe that is rapidly expanding, and why would he include such destructive forces like black holes?

    Thankyou for your time.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    To answer the first question: God does allow anyone and everyone to enter heaven, if they follow Him. But not everyone chooses to follow God.
    John 14:6;

    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me".

    We don't know what was before this known universe, it in all honesty doesn't really matter. It definitely wasn't nothing, however. Nothing is something that has never existed Can't tell you why God created a supposedly ever expanding universe will billions of planets. But He created us to share in the experience of existence--joy, for one.
    http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...ExpandUni.html -On the ever changing state of the Universe.

    If god created us to experience the joy of life, why would he condemn most of us to hell? And how can we be certain the bible is the absolute truth?

    My apologies for the double post.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...ExpandUni.html -On the ever changing state of the Universe.

    If god created us to experience the joy of life, why would he condemn most of us to hell? And how can we be certain the bible is the absolute truth?

    My apologies for the double post.
    I'm well acquainted with cosmology, thanks for the article

    Well, I'm sure you've heard it before but God doesn't condemn us to hell--we make the choice to go there in rejecting God. And I really think that's a big part of hell; separation from God for eternity.

    For your second question, I'd forward you to a post I wrote a few days ago:
    http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...18&postcount=3

    There is a link to a youtube video, I highly recommend you watch it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Xel'Naga View Post
    I'm well acquainted with cosmology, thanks for the article

    Well, I'm sure you've heard it before but God doesn't condemn us to hell--we make the choice to go there in rejecting God. And I really think that's a big part of hell; separation from God for eternity.

    For your second question, I'd forward you to a post I wrote a few days ago:
    http://bibleforums.org/showpost.php?...18&postcount=3

    There is a link to a youtube video, I highly recommend you watch it.
    I watched the video, thanks, but still, in many parts of the world people do not have access to christianity, so are they doomed? what about before Jesus was around? Are all of those people in hell?


    I have a hard time believing that entrance to everlasting life depends only on a single belief(This allows for incredible crimes; in this belief murder is acceptable if you believe in jesus). It makes more sense to me that one's actions on earth would decide the person's afterlife.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,531
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I watched the video, thanks, but still, in many parts of the world people do not have access to christianity, so are they doomed? what about before Jesus was around? Are all of those people in hell?
    What's your thoughts on the truth claim of the Bible?

    The Bible doesn't explicitly mention, to my knowledge, what happens to people who have never heard the Gospel. It's considered an 'uncomfortable' question that even many seminaries don't wish to touch on. With that said. . .

    God reveals Himself many ways (I think He's quite self evident, but that's just me). One of those ways was the Old Testament Yahwaic 'religion'; even before the Jews. It's very possible that Yahweh (God's name), was very well known in antiquity. The priesthood of Melchizedek being existence before the covenant with Abraham would suggest that God has always been intimately involved with the world. You can find Melchizedek in Genesis 14.

    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that entrance to everlasting life depends only on a single belief(This allows for incredible crimes; in this belief murder is acceptable if you believe in jesus). It makes more sense to me that one's actions on earth would decide the person's afterlife.
    It's a single, very complex, belief. I don't see how murder is acceptable in Christianity if it's expressly forbidden? Because along with the choice to follow Jesus is also the desire to follow the commandments of God, which are found all through the Bible. Through our fruit (our actions), our faith is attested. I'm not saying our works get us salvation--there's nothing we could do to attain salvation on our own. But they are the watermarks of the sincerity of our faith.

    Because you are right; our actions here decide our destination in the afterlife. One of those actions has to be an acknowledgment of Christ as Lord.

    And on that, I'm off to bed, have a good night.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In a dry and thirsty land where there is no water
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I am not questioning God's terms for entrance to heaven, I am questioning why God would appear so malevolent as to doom his children to an eternal suffering in hell.
    He didn't. He offers anyone who wills, to come to Him. The problem isn't God dooming His children, it is rebellious children refusing the conditions for entrance into His kingdom. If God had doomed His children, He would have made it so that they could not come to Him. But He went to a great deal of trouble to make it possible for you to come to Him. It is not God, but your own rejection of His terms that keeps you out of His kingdom.

    This statement makes God appear spiteful. If it is true that he loves everyone, I don't think he would hold a grudge against them.
    It has nothing to do with a grudge. Maybe it would help if I offered you an analogy. Let's say you are a sports fan and I have two tickets for great seats to the playoffs, and your favorite team is playing. I have offered the tickets to you. They are already purchased, just for you. The only thing I ask, is that you come and pick them up. (There are no extenuating circumstances that prevent you from being able to do this.) If you choose not to stop by and pick up the tickets, do I have a grudge against you? Not at all. The tickets are there for you. It is your own choice to reject the tickets. Maybe you're angry and believe I should take the tickets over to your house. Well God did, as it were, take the ticket right down to us. But we still have to receive it. You have to take that ticket that is freely offered to you. But if you slap it away, there isn't a whole lot that I can do about that, is there?

    God is holding no grudge. It is people who hold grudges against Him and reject His free gift to their own hurt. God has done everything necessary to make a way for you to enjoy the kingdom of heaven. If you reject what He has offered, that cannot be turned back against Him. He has already paid your way, by sending His Son to die for your sins. You are free to receive or reject it.

    Also, about those who have never received the word of god, are they doomed to hell as well?
    The Bible teaches that the light of Christ has shone on everyone. God knows the heart and He knows to what extent His revelation has reached any given person. God doesn't hold us accountable for what we do not have, but for what we do have.

    Each and every person has had some degree or another of revelation from God. How a person responds to what God has given, whether they believe Him or reject Him, will determine whether they receive more revelation or not. God sees the heart.



    [quote]This is also misleading. In one way, it sounds like you are saying that god came about when the universe came about, which would mean that god is not omnipotent. On the other hand, it sounds like you are saying god transcends time and space. This is a bit hard to swallow without any real evidence (besides the bible).[/qoute]

    I'm sorry I can't provide physical evidence for you of this Being who transcends time and space. But if you know a little science, you will know that the universe consists of space and time. Time is a part of the creation, it isn't outside of it. God is the One who created the space-time continuum. If that's a little much to wrap your head around, you aren't alone. But God is bigger than we are, and that is as it should be, don't you agree? Otherwise how could He be truly God?

    But if god is all powerful, why would he have to devote his son's life for us? Why couldn't he just make sin go away instantly? Is he unable? then he is truly not omnipotent.
    It has nothing to do with God's omnipotence. It has everything to do with God's justice. Sin is an offense against God's perfect holiness, and God's justice demands that sin be judged with justice. Human beings generally understand the concept of justice. Sin doesn't just 'go away.' But God has taken away our sin by providing Atonement for our sin. The wages of sin is death. Jesus died for our sins. Anyone who believes in Him is saved, because he/she accepts Jesus' death on his/her behalf.

    But why would he make a universe that is rapidly expanding, and why would he include such destructive forces like black holes?
    The Bible teaches that the creation is currently in a state of decay/corruption. There's 'bad stuff' in the creation that wasn't there originally. This came about because of sin. This is a temporary situation, and the Lord has given us a promise. There will be a resurrection of the dead, and at that time the earth itself (and all creation) will be delivered from the bondage of corruption (death, decay) that characterizes the present state of things.

    Rom 8:18-25

    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
    NKJV
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya







  10. #10
    You've both made some good points, and i'll respond tomorow. I'm tired so my brain is a bit dead at the moment hehe.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    Many modern christian sects believe that in order to reach heaven, and receive eternal life, one must follow christ as their true savior. The problem i have is, if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven?
    Justice. Why doesn't a judge allow a murderer to walk around in public? The murderer is hopefully brought to justice and sent to jail. Society (hopefully) condemns wrongdoing and punishes it. God is the same way.

    Is heaven limited? Then god is not all powerful.
    You didn't even wait for an answer to the question before you decided for yourself what the answer was. How can I answer your question when you've already made up your mind? This question isn't genuine, it's biased from the start.

    Does god not want everyone in heaven even though he loves them?
    Read John 3:16 sometime. God requires that justice be served. So a person can either be brought to justice and condemned, or brought to justice and forgiven through Christ. God loves everyone, but everyone must be brought to justice for their evils. Right and wrong are not relative. If we all agree that "murder" is evil, then we agree that there is some sort of absolute morality. We may disagree on what that morality is, but we believe God is the source of that absolute morality. Just as you wouldn't expect a murderer to be allowed to walk around your town freely instead of being brought to justice, why do you pull out a double standard and suddenly expect evil-doers to be allowed to walk around heaven freely instead of being brought to justice?

    The second is a more creation of the universe type questione. If god created the universe, what was around before it?
    Just God.

    If there was nothing, how would god exist?
    God is. This may not sound like an acceptable answer (mostly because the human mind finds it difficult to grasp the idea of "infinite" or "eternity"), but consider this: time has been determined through scientific tests to be an element of the universe. God created the universe. Thus, God created time. Technically, there is no "before" to God, because He is not a temporal being as we are. He exists outside of time; He has no before, He has no after. He simply is.

    If god has existed before the universe, what made him suddenly decide to create an endlessly expanding (as science has proven),
    You mean theorized. If the universe is "ever-expanding" that means it has is not infinite in any direction. If a bubble were to expand, it would need a definite edge for it to be able to have that edge move outwards. The same for the universe. So, unless scientists can physically see this edge of the universe and go outside of it and physically observe the universe "endlessly expanding," then "endless expansion" is an unproven theory. Continuing...

    infinite expanse
    Again, the universe cannot be both "infinite" and "expanding." Expansion infers that it grows, and something cannot grow unless it has an "outside" to it. For something to grow, it must extend itself into space that it already does not take up. That, by definition, means that it isn't infinite. If it's infinite, it can't grow any farther because it is infinitely far in any given direction. If it is growing, it can't be infinite, because it has a definitive distance in a certain direction that is continually adding to. In short: you can't add to something infinite.

    and decide that on one tiny planet, out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?
    It's not like God pointed into the universe and said "Eeny meeny miny moe," like some kid looking at a shelf full of different kinds of candy. God made each and every planet, so what He picked was not random chance, it was definitive choice. You can't look at Mars and say "Why not that one?" No other planet (as science has evidenced, though not proven) can support life in the form that God had made that planet. Only earth. He specifically made this planet for the purpose of containing life, not "which random habitable planet should I pick?" So, as far as we know (and have seen from other planets), we're the only habitable one. That's a good enough reason to pick it for us to inhabit.

    And that aside, how does "Why did God pick earth" prevent a person from believing in Him?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    1,616
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I am an atheist, many of my friends are Christian, but they have failed to answer a few questions I have about the Christain faith.

    To start off, one problem I have with Christianity is "redemption"

    Many modern christian sects believe that in order to reach heaven, and receive eternal life, one must follow christ as their true savior. The problem i have is, if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven? Is heaven limited? Then god is not all powerful. Does god not want everyone in heaven even though he loves them?
    .. The only limits on Heaven are those imposed by God. The perfect will of God is that should repent and be saved. (Eze. 33:10-12) God does want everyone in Heaven but He cannot stand sin to be next to Him, that is why Jesus had to die for us. Jesus was without sin because He was God in the flesh of a man and He paid the sin debt we owe and if we will accept that payment by Him we receive His imputed righteousness and then we can stand along side God.

    The second is a more creation of the universe type questione. If god created the universe, what was around before it? If there was nothing, how would god exist? If god has existed before the universe, what made him suddenly decide to create an endlessly expanding (as science has proven), infinite expanse and decide that on one tiny planet, out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?
    First off, I'm certain that you were taught that science had proven your statement about the universe but the truth is that they have theorized this to be the truth and a theory is no more than somebodies idea of how it might have happed or be happening.

    God put man on this planet because He created this planet for man. I know that sounds simple but that is all there is to it.

    Okay, where did God exist? The very same place He resides in at this very moment. God and the angels are spirit beings and spirit being have no extension in space and time except God commands it to be so.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    if god is all powerful, and he really DOES love everyone on the earth, why can he not allow everyone into heaven? ?
    Because Sin is abhorant to Him.
    He gives us the choice of doing His Will and being with Him, or doing our own will without Him.
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    If god has existed before the universe, what made him suddenly decide to create an endlessly expanding (as science has proven), infinite expanse and decide that on one tiny planet, out of the millions upon millions of other possible locations, why did he decide to put man here on this earth?
    He hasn't told us.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that entrance to everlasting life depends only on a single belief(This allows for incredible crimes; in this belief murder is acceptable if you believe in jesus). It makes more sense to me that one's actions on earth would decide the person's afterlife.
    You know, the one thing I don't like about humans? Is that they have to twist everything to suit what they want/want to hear, etc.

    Murder is NOT acceptable by Jesus. For one, Jesus said love others and treat people kindly and with gentleness. For two, God said "Thou shalt not kill".

    How does that advocate murder?

    It doesn't. Jesus doesn't advocate murder. Neither does God. PEOPLE advocate murder and they claim it's "in the name of Jesus". HA! It's not in the name of Jesus, because Jesus constantly preaches love, love, love, love...........kindness, gentleness, self-control, patience, lack of envy/jealousy, etc.

    People claim it's in the name of Jesus, so they can excuse the wrong they are doing. Murder is acceptable only by people. Jesus weeps for those that kill and are killed by evil people's hands.

    One's actions cannot decide the person's afterlife.

    why?

    Just because you do good works, doesn't mean your heart is good.

    It's what's in your heart, and where your heart is at (in Jesus), that matters to God.

    If a person that has an evil heart does good works, does that make him a good person? Does that make his heart less evil?

    Nope. His heart is still evil and he's doing good works to make himself look better.

    Good works only count when they come DURING your walk with Christ.
    Why are you looking for love
    Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
    To where will you go child
    Tell me where will you run
    To where will you run



  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by aliveinchrist View Post
    You know, the one thing I don't like about humans? Is that they have to twist everything to suit what they want/want to hear, etc.

    Murder is NOT acceptable by Jesus. For one, Jesus said love others and treat people kindly and with gentleness. For two, God said "Thou shalt not kill".

    How does that advocate murder?

    It doesn't. Jesus doesn't advocate murder. Neither does God. PEOPLE advocate murder and they claim it's "in the name of Jesus". HA! It's not in the name of Jesus, because Jesus constantly preaches love, love, love, love...........kindness, gentleness, self-control, patience, lack of envy/jealousy, etc.

    People claim it's in the name of Jesus, so they can excuse the wrong they are doing. Murder is acceptable only by people. Jesus weeps for those that kill and are killed by evil people's hands.

    One's actions cannot decide the person's afterlife.

    why?

    Just because you do good works, doesn't mean your heart is good.

    It's what's in your heart, and where your heart is at (in Jesus), that matters to God.

    If a person that has an evil heart does good works, does that make him a good person? Does that make his heart less evil?

    Nope. His heart is still evil and he's doing good works to make himself look better.

    Good works only count when they come DURING your walk with Christ.
    I'm sorry if I offended any of you, that was not my intention.

    However, to refute your point, there are many places in the new testiment where Jesus talks about murder and the killing of other humans- a few examples:

    15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,
    15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
    15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
    15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
    ------------

    7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    ----------

    18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

    18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

    ^ this one seems almost ludicrous, self mutilation in return for everlasting life?

    -----------

    10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
    10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat^ Not a quote from jesus, but Peter.

    ----------

    7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

    7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


    ------------



    I just cannot wrap my head around a god that would willingly destroy his own people if he loves them. There are many references in the bible of god "throwing the wicked" into a lake of fire, yet Jesus preached that god loves all men.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •