Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's to support hom*ose*xual agenda

McDonald's to support hom*ose*xual agenda

Anyone else seen this?

----------------------------------------------

McDonald's CEO: Company will put full resources behind ga*y agenda
    McDonald's has signed on to a nationwide effort to promote "ga*y" and "le*sbian" business ventures.

According to McDonald’s CEO Jim Skinner, McDonald’s will aggressively promote the hom*ose*xual agenda. In remarks on McDonald's Web site concerning the company becoming a member of the National G*ay & Les*bian Chamber of Commerce (NG**LCC), Skinner wrote: "Being a socially responsible organization is a fundamental part of who we are. We have an obligation to use our size and resources to make a difference in the world … and we do."

The company gave an undisclosed amount of money to the NG*LC*C in return for being recognized as a major promoter of the hom$ose%xual agenda. In return, NG%LC&C placed Richard Ellis, vice president of communications of McDonald’s USA, on the NG#L%CC Board of Directors.

Ellis was quoted as saying: "I'm thrilled to join the Na$tio#nal Ga&y & Les(*bian Chamber of Commerce team and ready to get to work. I share the NG(LC$C's passion for business growth and development within the L$G%B@T community, and I look forward to playing a role in moving these important initiatives forward."

McDonald's refused to comment to World Net Daily on the placement of its executive on the board of the "g#ay" advocacy organization but did send an e-mail confirming the corporation's support for the agenda of the hom^ose#xual business lobby.

"McDonald's is indeed a Corporate Partner and Organizational Ally of N$GLC@C. Our vice president of U.S. communications, Richard Ellis, was recently elected to its board of directors," said Heidi M. Barker, senior director of media relations for McDonald’s. N#$CC describes itself as promoting the L@G%B#T community first and always, including sa$me se%x marr#iage.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon,
    Founder and Chairman
    American Family Association

atrus912 Guest
    Good for McDonalds. About time they did something decent, even if it is with largely selfish reasons (profits, increasing customer base, etc.). It's good to see hom#sexu#l liberation proceeding as well as it is.

And who cares what WorldNetNews daily thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by atrus912 View Post
    Good for McDonalds. About time they did something decent, even if it is with largely selfish reasons (profits, increasing customer base, etc.). It's good to see homosexual liberation proceeding as well as it is.

Yeah, or that pesky Bible, either!

You're kidding, right?

atrus912 Guest
    Absolutely not. I'm very much in support of the h@m@sexual community.

The Bible doesn't say anything about homosexual rights, just h@m@sexuality itself.

Absolutely not. I'm very much in support of the homos*xual community.

The Bible doesn't say anything about homos*xual rights, just homos*xuality itself.
    Yes, but if we promote/support homos*xual "rights"...we're tacitly giving consent to homos*xuality as a practice, aren't we?

For example, if I choose to support a pro-choice political candidate, it's the same as me giving consent to abortions.

We are to love those who sin...but we don't condone the sin they're in by supporting their so-called rights...rights that have no Biblical basis.

θεοφιλε

atrus912 Guest
    Yes, but if we promote/support homos*xual "rights"...we're tacitly giving consent to homos*xuality as a practice, aren't we?
    Nah. If we said that, then we'd have to say that buying a bottle of wine is giving consent to alcoholism. We'd have to say that being friends with somebody who has drug problems is supporting the cartels.

Everybody has rights. You have to mess up real bad to lose them.
    For example, if I choose to support a pro-choice political candidate, it's the same as me giving consent to abortions.
    Not really. If you say that then you have to say that if you vote for a candidate that wants to cut welfare programs, then you're a non-supporter of giving money to the poor. There's always gonna' be somethin' you don't like.

We are to love those who sin...but we don't condone the sin they're in by supporting their so-called rights...rights that have no Biblical basis.
    "Give to God what is God's and to Ceaser what is Ceaser's"

And yes, I know I'm opening this one up...

Blog Entries

"Give to God what is God's and to Ceaser what is Ceaser's"

Not funny in the least.

So, is what you are saying is to be Godly when the moment presents itself, and while we are here on earth to embrace the world because after all we are stuck in "what is Ceasar's" ?
    Seek ye FIRST the kingdom.
    Not second or third, but first.
    Only when all else pales to God, when He receives all glory,
    when He is the source of all hope,
    when His love is received and freely given,
    holding not to the world but to the promise to come,
    will all other things be added unto to you.

Blog Entries
    I wonder what is going to happen to all these groups when the homosexuals get their rights? There will be a huge sudden stop in the flow of money...then what? They can't have that happen!

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we (everyone including nonbelievers) said ok sure go ahead and do whatever you want..and simply let the chips fall where they may.

This huge momentum would suddenly go into a huge train wreck! That is what would happen.

Personally the more I study scriptures I don't see that we have the right to interfer with this...not saying we should vote for it, but simply not vote at all on this issue. Jesus said, give to Cesar what is Cesar's...He never tried to change the Roman's way or their laws. He never held up picket signs saying down with crucifixion as being cruel and inhumane. He never protested their horrible treatment of the Jews in fact. His idea wasn't to force His views on others through government laws but to change the hearts of men.

And all we do is drive a wedge between us and them by trying to force our morals on them. Paul lived in a time when homosexuality and adultery and all sorts of immoral behavior was going on. Yet he never tried to change anything politically. Why do we?

Let the debate begin.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

What exactly is this "homosexual agenda", anyway? And is there a "heterosexual agenda"? This terminology really doesn't make much sense to me, so hopefully someone can enlighten me.
    If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. - John 8:36

atrus912 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by threebigrocks View Post
    Not funny in the least.

So, is what you are saying is to be Godly when the moment presents itself, and while we are here on earth to embrace the world because after all we are stuck in "what is Ceasar's" ?
    No, please pardon if I didn't make it clear. My mistake. I'm saying that the secular world (governments and the like) gives people rights, and we are not to interfere with that even if we disagree with it.

I think that when Jesus said that, one of the things that He was saying was that church and state just ain't supposed to mix. A lesson that can be well-seen in the RCC in it's younger days. Terrible tradgedy that few centuries was for the faith.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by moonglow
    I wonder what is going to happen to all these groups when the homosexuals get their rights? There will be a huge sudden stop in the flow of money...then what? They can't have that happen!
    Many people said the same thing about the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's. There were bumps, but it went over chill in the end. I think we have to agree that giving African-Americans their rights was a good thing.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we (everyone including nonbelievers) said ok sure go ahead and do whatever you want..and simply let the chips fall where they may.

This huge momentum would suddenly go into a huge train wreck! That is what would happen.
    Why do you say that?

Personally the more I study scriptures I don't see that we have the right to interfer with this...not saying we should vote for it, but simply not vote at all on this issue. Jesus said, give to Cesar what is Cesar's...He never tried to change the Roman's way or their laws. He never held up picket signs saying down with crucifixion as being cruel and inhumane. He never protested their horrible treatment of the Jews in fact. His idea wasn't to force His views on others through government laws but to change the hearts of men.
    Yes, very good. Indeed true.

I do have to go to class now, but I will be back! I promise.

atrus912 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
    What exactly is this "homosexual agenda", anyway? And is there a "heterosexual agenda"? This terminology really doesn't make much sense to me, so hopefully someone can enlighten me.
    Err...ambiguous terms. When somebody is said to have an "agenda" it has gotten the meaning changed to mean "gross alterior motives". Many people believe that the homosexual community is using the excuse of civil rights in order to gain a bunch of government money, disrupt churches, paint everythign in rainbow, dye chili pink, etcetera. There are about a million different claims, and yes, I was jesting about some of them.

There is really no heterosexual agenda, unless you count the one where heterosexuals add to the still-increasing global population.

Okay, goodbye for real this time. I'll be back tonight.

Blog Entries
    Good for McDonalds. About time they did something decent, even if it is with largely selfish reasons (profits, increasing customer base, etc.). It's good to see hom#sexu#l liberation proceeding as well as it is.

why do you say decent?

I have two words: Burger King...
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries
    No, please pardon if I didn't make it clear. My mistake. I'm saying that the secular world (governments and the like) gives people rights, and we are not to interfere with that even if we disagree with it.

I think that when Jesus said that, one of the things that He was saying was that church and state just ain't supposed to mix. A lesson that can be well-seen in the RCC in it's younger days. Terrible tradgedy that few centuries was for the faith.
    Far before what you mentioned - Israel was ruled only by God. He was their King. However, Israel wanted a worldly king. God allowed it, even though He knew the outcome.

What it comes down to is people and self serving desires they can gain from demanding rights when they think they are entitled. We are so far removed from God's people being ruled only by God that any attempt to go against it is futile. Christians need to continue to do what we are called to do - preach the gospel.

No, we can't stop it. No, there isn't anything we can do to stop McDonalds or any agenda such as this on any conceiveable topic. We shouldn't be afraid of things becoming less Godly and evil more prominent to entice the worldly further into the world. Christians will not be the majority. Where we make our impact is one person at a time, through relationship with Christ and turning around and sharing that with our neighbor and anyone who will listen.

Honestly, we hardly eat there. Does funny things to my tummy. Kinda like the information in the OP.

atrus912 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by threebigrocks View Post
    Far before what you mentioned - Israel was ruled only by God. He was their King. However, Israel wanted a worldly king. God allowed it, even though He knew the outcome.

What it comes down to is people and self serving desires they can gain from demanding rights when they think they are entitled. We are so far removed from God's people being ruled only by God that any attempt to go against it is futile. Christians need to continue to do what we are called to do - preach the gospel.

No, we can't stop it. No, there isn't anything we can do to stop McDonalds or any agenda such as this on any conceiveable topic. We shouldn't be afraid of things becoming less Godly and evil more prominent to entice the worldly further into the world. Christians will not be the majority. Where we make our impact is one person at a time, through relationship with Christ and turning around and sharing that with our neighbor and anyone who will listen.

Honestly, we hardly eat there. Does funny things to my tummy. Kinda like the information in the OP.
    Well...good. It doesn't seem that we disagree on enough in this thread to warrant a debate here.

We can sit chill wit' 'dat junk. God's blessings to yours and your family, threebigrocks.

Blog Entries
    Well...good. It doesn't seem that we disagree on enough in this thread to warrant a debate here.

We can sit chill wit' 'dat junk. God's blessings to yours and your family, threebigrocks.
    Oh no, there's plenty of room for debate.

That is still something that is seperate from the world. Give Ceasar what's his, but give to God what is God's. Open support of this by a Christian is directly against the faith. If we are living in the faith, we need to abide by the laws which govern us as a testimony of submission. We are not to accept with a glad heart the promotion of things which are clearly unscriptural.

Thread Information