Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The White Horse

The White Horse

Greetings Everyone,

I have a question concerning the white horse of Revelation 6:2.

Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

It has been widely taught that the rider on this horese is the antichrist. If this is true, then this is the only place in the book of Revelation that the color white is symbolic of deception. All other references in Revelation of the color white represent purity or righteousness.

1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Can anyone help me to understand this? Why would God use the color white to describe an antichrist? This doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the book of Revelation.

Goph

I would say that the rider on the white horse in Rev 6 is not the antichrist. I'm with you on that. How does that teaching fit with Revelation? We cannot come to that conclusion using Scripture.

God Bless,

ServantoftheKing

The rider is not the ac. You are on the right track as to white means righteousness. Look at Rev. 19 and see why Jesus is coming riding on white?

Rev. 19:11
    "...a white horse...in righteousness he doth judge and make war."

Look too at Judges 5 and Zechariah 6.

Judges 5:9
    "My heart [is] toward the governors of Israel..."
    v10
    "Speak ye that ride on white..."
    v11
    "...rehearse the righteous acts of the LORD..."

In Zechariah chapter 6 - we find mountains made of brass. / as in represents the Greek Empire area
    KJV
    chariots
    horses - these are the four spirits of the heavens

black horses go to the north country
    white follow them
    /they have gone to the Euphrates River
    so the Euphrates River nation will set the riders
    /Iraq

white stands for
    the spirit of wisdom and with understanding one gets a crown delivered to them
    /to possess the land = go forth conquering
    to set up the nation
    be its first ruler
    judge righteously

The white horse is not the antichrist. I'm not sure who it is. Later in 19:11, we see another white horse and it's rider is Christ. I do not think they are the same white horses.

Note of interest: The white stone is an invitation. http://philologos.org/bpr/files/w003.htm

When Israel set up her nation, she was told to choose men that were wise and understanding.

Deuteronomy 1:8
    "Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land..."
    v 13
    "Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you."
    v 16
    "And I charged your judges at that time, saying,...judge righteously..."

4:13
    "Keep therefore and do [them]; for this [is] your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation [is] a wise and understanding people."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gophgetter View Post
    Greetings Everyone,

Revelation 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

It has been widely taught that the rider on this horese is the antichrist. If this is true, then this is the only place in the book of Revelation that the color white is symbolic of deception. All other references in Revelation of the color white represent purity or righteousness.

1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

14:14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Can anyone help me to understand this? Why would God use the color white to describe an antichrist? This doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the book of Revelation.

Goph

The four riders are part of a government which wil arise upon the earth which is seen in Rev 13. These four equate to the four beasts of Satan's demonic kingdom. The AC is of the fourth beast.

Notice that in each kingdom God/Satan there are a descrition of 4 beast like creatures and as we see in chapter 6 the four from God's kingdom are describing the first four seals...... if one of these four are evil then they all are evil likewise if one is good all are good. Does it make sence that the first is good and the other three evil?

And as for the color white........Satan is described as the deceiver an angel of light and his prophets as those in sheep's clothing.

Mark

I agree that the 4th seal is the ac/ - the 5th seal is the great tribulation and the 6th seal is the rapture.

So what are the other seals about?
    They show us what to watch for in the nation of the 4th seal rider.

First the nation of Iraq was to be set up.
    took the spirit of wisdom and understanding
    /so this 1st seal time is over
    /the rider was the first ruler of Iraq = King Faisal

Proverbs 4:5
    "Get wisdom, get understanding.."
    4:9
    "She shall give to thine heard...a crown of glory..."

Rev. 6 (1st seal)
    v 2
    "And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on...a crown was given...he went forth conquering and to conquer."

When Britain was starting up their ways in the middle east - as to wanting Iraq and such...King Faisal helped them as a conqueror and that is why he ended up the ruler of Iraq. The people of Iraq also voted to make him their king.
    thus, began the nation of Iraq
    and under him they gained independence from the British

Next came the 2nd seal rider -

as the nation of Iraq progressed with events that eventually lead to the 4th seal man of sin rider
    /The death and hell type of man that Habakkuk prophesied about that at the end it shall speak. He will gather the nations unto himself and be a proud man.

Greetings Everyone,

Goph
    I also agree with you, Goph. I also think that Rev.6: 2 may? correspond with Rev.14: 6-7:

"And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people, saying with a great voice, Fear God and give glory to Him! For the hour of His judgment has come. And worship Him who made the heaven and the earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters." (Rev.14: 6-7).

I say this because the verses which follow seem to indicate that this takes place immediately before the rise of the antichrist:

"And another angel followed, saying, The great city, Babylon, has fallen, has fallen; because of the wine of the anger of her fornication; she has made all nations to drink. And a third angel followed them, saying with a great voice, If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark in his forehead or in his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the anger of God, having been mixed undiluted in the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented by fire and brimstone before the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever. And they have no rest day or night, those who worship the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name. Here is the patience of the saints. Here are the ones who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." (Rev.14: 8-12).

Before He gave the Revelation to John, Jesus had already said,

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be proclaimed in all the world as a witness to all nations. And then the end shall come." (Mat.24: 14).

And Rev.14: 6 says, "And I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those dwelling on the earth, even to every nation and kindred and tongue and people," (Rev.14: 6).

And Rev.6: 2 says, "And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer."

And as you point out, it's a white horse, and the color white is associated with righteousness - not with deception.

ananias
    "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
    (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
    (Joh.13: 34-35)

Greetings Everyone,

Goph
    Wolf in sheep's clothing.
    From Azubah to Hephzibah.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyfulparousia View Post
    Wolf in sheep's clothing.
    but not a wolf in horse's clothing.

Nowhere in Scripture is a white horse described as representing wickedness or the devil's activities/representatives. It is, however, used specifically in Revelation, to depict Jesus Christ. And Revelation's context when using 'white' is 100% consistently applied to righteousness never wickedness.

'White' is used descriptively of righteousness all 18 times, every occurrence in Revelation. That's very strong exogetical evidence for receiving Rev 6:2's useage of "white horse" as an example of righteousness not wickedness.

Nothing in Revelation tells us to believe Rev 6's white horse is being deceptive, disguising itself as wicked, or differentiated apart from Rev 19's white horse.

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    but not a wolf in horse's clothing.

Nowhere in Scripture is a white horse described as representing wickedness or the devil's activities/representatives. It is, however, used specifically in Revelation, to depict Jesus Christ. And Revelation's context when using 'white' is 100% consistently applied to righteousness never wickedness.

'White' is used descriptively of righteousness all 18 times, every occurrence in Revelation. That's very strong exogetical evidence for receiving Rev 6:2's useage of "white horse" as an example of righteousness not wickedness.

Nothing in Revelation tells us to believe Rev 6's white horse is being deceptive, disguising itself as wicked, or differentiated apart from Rev 19's white horse.
    So you believe that the first seal is Jesus? That Jesus opens the first seal and releases himself?

So you believe that the first seal is Jesus? That Jesus opens the first seal and releases himself?
    Rev 6:2 uses the white horse as a personification of the Gospel going out.
    Jesus released the Gospel to go forth and conquer.

It's been conquering wicked Strongholds and saving the lost throughout the world for centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Rev 6:2 uses the white horse as a personification of the Gospel going out.
    Jesus released the Gospel to go forth and conquer.

It's been conquering wicked Strongholds and saving the lost throughout the world for centuries.
    But you said that white horses can't refer to AC because there's not another passage that relates the two; so then, is there another passage that refers to a white horse representing the gospel?

But you said that white horses can't refer to AC because there's not another passage that relates the two; so then, is there another passage that refers to a white horse representing the gospel?
    Hezekiah 4:23 and 2 Colossians chapter 3.

Haha

Point being, there is more internal evidence from Revelation that the white horse either Jesus or a personification of His work (gospel) then a wicked wolf/horse of Satan.

Thread Information