Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 End Times Blood Moon

Lunar Eclipses

Astonishing as it seems, four lunar eclipses will occur on God’s annual Holy Days during Passover and Sukkot in the years 2014 and 2015, and two solar eclipses on Nisan 1 and the Feast of Trumpets! These are exceedingly rare occurrences, especially when they dovetail with God’s Holy Days! What does it all mean? What is the prophetic significance? It’s time to wake up and take heed of these ominous, fateful warnings from heaven!

According to the Jewish calendar, the year 2008 is a Sabbatical year. A new Sabbatical cycle will begin September 29, 2008. 2015 will also be a Sabbatical year.

But most amazing of all, it has been discovered that in the years 2014 and 2015 there will be two solar eclipses and four lunar eclipses, all of them occurring on Jewish Holy Days!

The Lunar eclipses break down as follows:

Passover April 15, 2014
    Feast of Tabernacles October 8, 2014
    Passover April 4, 2015
    Feast of Tabernacles September 28, 2015

The two Solar eclipses connected with God’s Holy Days in 2014-2015 occur:

Adar 29/Nisan 1(new year) March 20, 2015
    Feast of Trumpets September 13, 2015

It was on Nisan 1 that the Hebrew new year’s day occurred, according to the Scriptures (Exo.12:1-2). On the anniversary of this date, one year later, Moses raised up the Tabernacle of God, inaugurated it, and the glory of God descended from heaven (Exodus 40:2, 17, 34).

The real shocker is that this phenomenon is extremely rare, for this pattern of eclipses to fall on both Passover and Sukkot in two years in a row, and for a solar eclipse to occur on important Holy Days in the same year (2015).

This intriguing, incredible discovery comes from Mark Biltz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries, in Bonner Lake, Washington.

Biltz was intrigued with the statement in the Scriptures that connect the second coming of the Messiah with “signs in the heavens,” particularly the signs that “the sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood” before the return of Christ. He went on the internet, to the U.S. Government NASA website to see if there were any significant eclipses of the sun and moon during the next few years. To his surprise, he discovered four lunar eclipses in the Sabbatical year 2014/2015, and was intrigued by the fact that they occurred on God’s annual Holy Days!

Writing about the amazing discovery in the May 2008 issue of Prophecy in the News, J. R. Church declares, “This is most unusual. It is a rare occurrence for four lunar cycles on successive Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) observances. It will not happen again for hundreds of years.”
    Says J. R. Church, in a letter accompanying the magazine issue, “Four lunar eclipses occurring on the Feast of Tabernacles and Passover in two successive years are phenomenal. But add to them two solar eclipses on the two days that open the Jewish year – Adar 29/Nisan1, just two weeks before Passover, and Tishri 1 (Rosh Hashannah) – is uncanny. On each of these six Jewish Holy Days, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give her light. Will this happen again in the 21st century? No. Did it happen in the 20th century? Yes, in 1949/1950, the year following Israel’s statehood, and 1967/1968, the year Jerusalem was liberated in the Six-Day War! Before that, you have to go back to 1493 for four successive lunar eclipses on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles” (May 2008 letter).

Another shocking discovery is that coming up this summer there will be three SOLAR eclipses in a row, in 2008, 2009, and 2010, all on the date of the first of Av, the fifth Hebrew month of the year.

Av 1 August 1, 2008 partial solar eclipse
    Av 1 July 22, 2009 partial solar eclipse
    Av 1 July 11, 2010 partial solar eclipse

The first day of Av is in the middle of the time period when the Jewish people mourn the destruction of the Temple of God. Historically Moses descended from Mt. Sinai with the two tablets of the Ten Commandments, and found the people engaged in gross idolatry at the foot of the mountain. That was on Tammuz 17. Also, on Av 9, the Hebrew spies returned from spying out the land of Canaan and brought an evil report – and the people lost faith in God, and were condemned to wander 40 years in the wilderness (Numbers 14:34). Av 9 also commemorates the date of the destruction of the first Temple by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in 586 B.C., and the second Temple by the Roman general Titus on the same date in 70 A.D.

These two dates are days of infamy in Israel. The three week period between Tammuz 17 and Av 9 are called “between the straits” and are days of mourning, repentance, and lamentations. How interesting that a solar eclipse will fall on the date of Av 1, in the middle of mourning and lamentation, three years in a row!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QImeLlUyww&eurl=http://livingontheedgeoftime.blogspot.com/2008/07/blood-red-moon.html

Quote Originally Posted by ananias View Post
    Hello, my brother. I didn't think I'd see the day that I actually disagree with you about something! But I think a blood-red moon is highly significant, for the following reasons:

In Rev.6: 9, when the angel opens the FIFTH seal, the souls of all those who through time had been martyred for their testimony to the word of God, are seen to be asking the LORD how long it will be until He avenges their blood on those who dwell on the earth – but they are told to wait a little while longer, until the full number of their brothers and fellow-servants who are to be martyred as they were, is complete.

Immediately afterward, with the opening of the SIXTH seal, THE SUN becomes “Black as sackcloth of hair”, and THE MOON becomes the color of blood – and THEN we read about THE WRATH of God FOLLOWING these events:-

Revelation 6 verse 9 to Revelation 7 verse 17:

(A) The cry of the martyrs (the FIFTH seal), THE SUN BECOMES BLACK AND THE MOON BECOMES THE COLOR OF BLOOD (the SIXTH seal); and the WRATH of God FOLLOWS (Rev.6: 9-17); and

(B) “THE FOUR WINDS” of these cataclysmic events are held back until 144,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel have been sealed with the seal of God (Rev.7: 1-8); and

( C ) John THEN sees a multitude OF SAINTS in heaven from all nations, tribes and tongues, who had come out from THE GREAT TRIBULATION (Greek: MEGAS THLIPSIS) (Rev.7: 9-17).

“THE SUN shall be turned into darkness, and THE MOON into blood, BEFORE the GREAT AND TERRIBLE DAY OF THE LORD COME.” (Joel 2: 31).

In Mat.24: 29-31, the sun and moon are darkened “immediately after” the days of “great tribulation” (Mat.24: 21-28), and this coincides with the gathering of Christ's elect.

Is there anything in the Bible which gives us a clue as to whether the sun becoming black and the moon turning the color of blood symbolizes something?

In fact, we will find quite a few scriptures where the sun and the moon symbolize things:

“I will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness that I will not lie to David...

... His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as THE SUN before Me. It shall be established forever like THE MOON, and like A FAITHFUL WITNESS in the heavens. Selah.” (Ps.89: 34-37).

According to the Bible, king David's throne is the eternal throne of Jesus Christ (who is the incarnate Word of God); and just as the sun provides the world with PHYSICAL light, so the Word of God provides the world with SPIRITUAL light.

THE MOON is THE FAITHFUL WITNESS OF THE SUN (Ps.89: 37), because it reflects the light of the sun.

In Proverbs we read,

“A faithful witness will not lie, but a false witness will speak lies.” (Pro.14: 5); and in Revelation we read that the Lord Jesus Christ is “… the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;” (Rev.3: 14).

1 Joseph, one of Israel's twelve sons, once dreamed a dream in which he saw THE SUN, THE MOON, and the other eleven stars bowing before him. Joseph was one of the twelve “stars”, or the twelve tribes of Israel (Gen.37: 9), and Joseph's dream was a picture of the nation of Israel. The dream came true much later, when Joseph became ruler over all Egypt under Pharaoh, and all Israel bowed down to him.

2 “The woman” of Revelation chapter twelve (who brought the Messiah into the world) is pictured “CLOTHED WITH THE SUN, with THE MOON under her feet and a garland of twelve stars on her head” (Rev.12: 1).

In other words, “the woman” of Revelation chapter 12 is clothed with the glory of God - “the sun” symbolizes THE WORD OF GOD, and the male Child she brings into the world is THE INCARNATE WORD OF GOD. The twelve stars symbolize the twelve tribes of Israel – the nation TO WHOM the Word of God came, and THROUGH WHOM the Word of God came into the world.

After her Child (“who is going to rule all nations with a rod of iron”) had been “caught up to God and to His throne” (Rev.12: 5), the devil was cast out of heaven, and went to war against “the woman” and “THE REST OF HER SEED, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Rev.12: 6-17).

Gen3: 15 says,

“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He will bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.” (Gen.3: 15).

This shows that “the woman” of Revelation 12 is typified by “the woman” of Gen3: 15.

3 When the incarnate Word of God was crucified, THE SUN WAS LITERALLY DARKENED:

“And from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land until the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is, My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?” (Mat.27: 45-46).

Therefore the moon symbolizes the chosen nation which, as a faithful witness, reflects the light of the Word of God (the sun) into the world.

Revelation 6 verse 9 to Revelation 7 verse 17:

(A) The cry of the martyrs (the FIFTH seal), THE SUN BECOMES BLACK AND THE MOON BECOMES THE COLOR OF BLOOD (the SIXTH seal); and the WRATH of God FOLLOWS (Rev.6: 9-17); and

(B) “THE FOUR WINDS” of these cataclysmic events are held back until 144,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel have been sealed with the seal of God (Rev.7: 1-8); and

( C ) John THEN sees a multitude OF SAINTS in heaven from all nations, tribes and tongues, who had come out from THE GREAT TRIBULATION (Greek: MEGAS THLIPSIS) (Rev.7: 9-17).

If the saints are martyred, THE MOON turns blood-red, and THE SUN (the Word of God that the witnesses of Jesus reflect to the world) is darkened - because the antichrist has overcome the saints and s preventing the gospel from going out anymore.

ananias
    Thank you ananias!
    God bless you.

Alyssa

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa S View Post
    Astonishing as it seems, four lunar eclipses will occur on God’s annual Holy Days during Passover and Sukkot in the years 2014 and 2015, and two solar eclipses on Nisan 1 and the Feast of Trumpets! These are exceedingly rare occurrences, especially when they dovetail with God’s Holy Days! What does it all mean? What is the prophetic significance? It’s time to wake up and take heed of these ominous, fateful warnings from heaven!

According to the Jewish calendar, the year 2008 is a Sabbatical year. A new Sabbatical cycle will begin September 29, 2008. 2015 will also be a Sabbatical year.

But most amazing of all, it has been discovered that in the years 2014 and 2015 there will be two solar eclipses and four lunar eclipses, all of them occurring on Jewish Holy Days!

The Lunar eclipses break down as follows:

Passover April 15, 2014
    Feast of Tabernacles October 8, 2014
    Passover April 4, 2015
    Feast of Tabernacles September 28, 2015

The two Solar eclipses connected with God’s Holy Days in 2014-2015 occur:

Adar 29/Nisan 1(new year) March 20, 2015
    Feast of Trumpets September 13, 2015

It was on Nisan 1 that the Hebrew new year’s day occurred, according to the Scriptures (Exo.12:1-2). On the anniversary of this date, one year later, Moses raised up the Tabernacle of God, inaugurated it, and the glory of God descended from heaven (Exodus 40:2, 17, 34).

The real shocker is that this phenomenon is extremely rare, for this pattern of eclipses to fall on both Passover and Sukkot in two years in a row, and for a solar eclipse to occur on important Holy Days in the same year (2015).

This intriguing, incredible discovery comes from Mark Biltz, pastor of El Shaddai Ministries, in Bonner Lake, Washington.

Biltz was intrigued with the statement in the Scriptures that connect the second coming of the Messiah with “signs in the heavens,” particularly the signs that “the sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood” before the return of Christ. He went on the internet, to the U.S. Government NASA website to see if there were any significant eclipses of the sun and moon during the next few years. To his surprise, he discovered four lunar eclipses in the Sabbatical year 2014/2015, and was intrigued by the fact that they occurred on God’s annual Holy Days!

Writing about the amazing discovery in the May 2008 issue of Prophecy in the News, J. R. Church declares, “This is most unusual. It is a rare occurrence for four lunar cycles on successive Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) observances. It will not happen again for hundreds of years.”
    Says J. R. Church, in a letter accompanying the magazine issue, “Four lunar eclipses occurring on the Feast of Tabernacles and Passover in two successive years are phenomenal. But add to them two solar eclipses on the two days that open the Jewish year – Adar 29/Nisan1, just two weeks before Passover, and Tishri 1 (Rosh Hashannah) – is uncanny. On each of these six Jewish Holy Days, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give her light. Will this happen again in the 21st century? No. Did it happen in the 20th century? Yes, in 1949/1950, the year following Israel’s statehood, and 1967/1968, the year Jerusalem was liberated in the Six-Day War! Before that, you have to go back to 1493 for four successive lunar eclipses on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles” (May 2008 letter).

Another shocking discovery is that coming up this summer there will be three SOLAR eclipses in a row, in 2008, 2009, and 2010, all on the date of the first of Av, the fifth Hebrew month of the year.

Av 1 August 1, 2008 partial solar eclipse
    Av 1 July 22, 2009 partial solar eclipse
    Av 1 July 11, 2010 partial solar eclipse

The first day of Av is in the middle of the time period when the Jewish people mourn the destruction of the Temple of God. Historically Moses descended from Mt. Sinai with the two tablets of the Ten Commandments, and found the people engaged in gross idolatry at the foot of the mountain. That was on Tammuz 17. Also, on Av 9, the Hebrew spies returned from spying out the land of Canaan and brought an evil report – and the people lost faith in God, and were condemned to wander 40 years in the wilderness (Numbers 14:34). Av 9 also commemorates the date of the destruction of the first Temple by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in 586 B.C., and the second Temple by the Roman general Titus on the same date in 70 A.D.

These two dates are days of infamy in Israel. The three week period between Tammuz 17 and Av 9 are called “between the straits” and are days of mourning, repentance, and lamentations. How interesting that a solar eclipse will fall on the date of Av 1, in the middle of mourning and lamentation, three years in a row!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QImeLlUyww&eurl=http://livingontheedgeoftime.blogspot.com/2008/07/blood-red-moon.html
    Yes, it is very interesting.

Did you know that both Solomon's temple and Herod's temple were destroyed by fire - and that

(1) the princes/kings of both armies of destruction are biblical types of antichrist; and

(b) When Herod's temple was destroyed, the remaining Jewish survivors were taken captive to Rome 666 years after Jehoiachin, king of Judah, was taken captive to Babylon along with Ezekiel and other promiment Jews?

(597 B.C [the year Jehoiachin was taken captive to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar] to 70 A.D = 667 years - but there is no year "0" between 1 B.C and 1 A.D, because Pope Gregory began the Gregorian calendar and set the birth of Christ in the year 1 A.D - not in the year "0" A.D - therefore 1 year must be subtracted between B.C and A.D - since 1 B.C to 1 A.D counts one year, not two years).

Both Solomon's temple and Herod's temple were handed over to destruction by fire becuase of the rebellion and waywardness of Israel - will the church be handed over to the fire of the great tribulation for the same reason?

ananias
    "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.

Nor be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, even Christ."
    (Mat.23: 8-10)

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."
    (Joh.13: 34-35)

Thank you ananias!
    God bless you.

Alyssa
    No problem, Alyssa S. Praise the author of the Bible!

ananias
    "But you must not be called Rabbi, for One is your teacher, Christ, and you are all brothers.

AND

"I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. As I have loved you, you should also love one another.

By this all shall know that you are My disciples, if you have love toward one another."

Thanks for that link, Alyssa S. I've watched part I. I'll watch part II tomorrow - I've already over-shot the 1Gig per month cap my ISP places on my downloads (we get ripped off by ISP's in this country!)

AND

Yes, it is very interesting.

Did you know that both Solomon's temple and Herod's temple were destroyed by fire - and that

(1) the princes/kings of both armies of destruction are biblical types of antichrist; and

(b) When Herod's temple was destroyed, the remaining Jewish survivors were taken captive to Rome 666 years after Jehoiachin, king of Judah, was taken captive to Babylon along with Ezekiel and other promiment Jews?

(597 B.C [the year Jehoiachin was taken captive to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar] to 70 A.D = 667 years - but there is no year "0" between 1 B.C and 1 A.D, because Pope Gregory began the Gregorian calendar and set the birth of Christ in the year 1 A.D - not in the year "0" A.D - therefore 1 year must be subtracted between B.C and A.D - since 1 B.C to 1 A.D counts one year, not two years).

Both Solomon's temple and Herod's temple were handed over to destruction by fire becuase of the rebellion and waywardness of Israel - will the church be handed over to the fire of the great tribulation for the same reason?

ananias
    I did not know this...
    The Word is so amazing, isn't it? That goes without saying.

But I have to admit... all this end times talk makes me a little uneasy. I have never been a worrier, and I am finding myself starting to worry. Not good. God will get me back on track!! He always does.

Thanks for sharing.... and I'm sorry you couldn't watch Part II of that video... that must be frustrating!

Have a blessed day!
    Alyssa

these next days of Awe will be interesting!
    Last edited by Forgiven Alaskan; Oct 1st 2008 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    OK. I am just going to highlight what I had already said, mainly because I do not want to derail this thread, and on top of that, After this, I will only be repeating myself.

I am really big on details. It is my opinion that the details are what makes the difference in determining anything, from what to wear in the morning, to interpreting scripture. It is this attention to detail that has some of my thoughts at odds with those who believe that Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 are highlighting the same signs and talking about the same topics. With that said, I have to stand on what I had written, because the devil is in the details.

Like I have written earlier, Matthew 24:29 does not say that "the moon will turn to blood", like it says in Joel 2. It says, like it also says in Joel chapters 2 and 3 that "the moon would not give her light". There is a BIG difference.

1. IF the moon shines blood-red, then it s STILL SHINING. Remember, during the last century, we learned that the Moon reflects sunlight, and thus doesn not have a light of her own. If the moon is shining blood-red, then the sunlight is blood-red too, although the Lord will darken the sun so that it turns black.
    2. The scriptures say that the sign of the Lord's return is that the moon withdraws her shining, therefore the details of withdrawing her shining, to me at least, is to determine that the moon will not shine at all.

They are not the same sign, and they do not mean the same thing.

I would like to take note, again, as to whom is saying, "hide us" in Revelation 6. It is the wicked themselves that are saying this. However, if they are in the mountains in chapter 6, then why are they not in the mountains when the Lord actually comes in chapter 19? They are at Megiddo, the place where the enemy gathers them all to, (Revelation 16:13-14, 16). Now something had to happen whereas they were at one point hiding in the mountains, afraid of the wrath of the Lord and the time in which they are being gathered to face Him at Megiddo. What happened? In my opinion, they, like most of us, have misinterpreted the Blood-moon sign.

I have shown clearly that the blood-moon sign is actually the literal fulfillment of Joel 2, where Israel's remnant are picked out, hence the reason why John went through great trouble to list every tribe of Israel that is Marked when the sixth seal is released.

Now, why would humanity run away when they see the moon turn blood-red while at the same time, the "stars" fall from the sky and the Sun refuses to shine? Well, because humanity was taught that that was the sign to look for. That is why. Even now, when people look up into the sky, they fear if the moon turns blood-red, because they all, from the kings to the peasants, believe that the blood-moon is the sign. It would be a great opportunity for God to take 144,000 people and seal them for His use. Those 144,000 from Israel would see that the blood-moon sign would not be the sign of the end, but the sign for them to cry out to the Lord.

Now for another thing. If the Great Tribulation was the fourth seal and the wrath of the Lord was the sixth seal, then why is God receiving incense mixed with "the prayers of the saints" when the seventh seal is released? Are they not in heaven at that point? If the "rapture" happens by then, what is the point for all of the saints to pray? And you can not say that they are in heaven when the Lord receives these prayers, because according to Revelation 7, the heavens are silent for 1/2 hour. The saints are praying during that time. If the saiants are in heaven, then they could not be praying, because heaven was silent. So, where are they?

This is just one of the many reasons why I do not believe in the 7 seals doctrine. There are too many holes in it for detail-oriented people like myself to believe. My motto is to read what is there, and do not read into it what is not. The 7 seals doctrine does just that, inserting the Great Tribulation in a place where it is not, and does not read the seven seal as seals.

Here's another question. If the Lord returns during the sixth seal, when does it mention that the Lord leaves the scroll that He had in his hands to come and get us, squish the Rebelling world, take posession of it, and then return to heaven to break the last seal? That clearly is not there in that portion of scripture.

Jesus is in heaven, that whole time, opening the scroll, breaking each seal along the way. In fact, although the world said that the Lord's wrath was upon them, the heavenly beings did not declare this until 3 chapters later, AFTER the seven trumpets are blown, which occurs AFTER the seven seals are opened. So, who knows when the wrath of the Lord was coming, the wicked world that hid in mountains, or the heavenly hosts? Besides, when would the world know when the Lord is coming? The kings to the peasants, didn't we see that in other scriptures, like chapter 19? Aren't they the wicked ones who will be caught off guard when the actual sign happens? (Darkness in the skies even when there is suppose to be sunlight, as written in Matthew 24:29.)

If the blood-moon sign is the sign, why would Jesus use the other sign as the sign of His coming? I am sure that in all three versions of His Olivet discourse, at least ONE of them would have said that He said the blood-moon sign, which, coincidently, none of them did.
    Last edited by third hero; Oct 2nd 2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: adding a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by third hero View Post
    I am really big on details.
    Me too!! So how would you explain the following?....

Like I have written earlier, Matthew 24:29 does not say that "the moon will turn to blood", like it says in Joel 2. It says, like it also says in Joel chapters 2 and 3 that "the moon would not give her light". There is a BIG difference.
    Joel 2 and Joel 3 have different wording, but are they the same event??...

2:31 "The sun will be turned to to darkness and the MOON to BLOOD BEFORE the coming of the great and dreadful DAY OF THE LORD."

3:14b "For the DAY OF THE LORD is NEAR in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars NO LONGER SHINE."

But right before Joel 2:31 is Joel 2:10....
    2:10 "Before them the earth shakes, the sky trembles, the sun and moon are DARKENED, and the stars NO LONGER SHINE."

So.... "sandwiched" in between two verses that talk about the moon being DARKENED, is a very similar verse that says the moon will be BLOOD.

So..... where else do we see this BLOOD MOON and DARKENED MOON?

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately AFTER the distress of those days " ' the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky...."

Revelation 6:12 "I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned BLACK like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned BLOOD RED, and the stars in the sky fell to earth..."

So.... here we have a continued pattern of these same phrases that we have seen in Joel 2,3, Isaiah 13:10, and Matthew 24. Matt 24:29 and Rev. 6:12 MUST be the same event... because surely the stars will not "fall from the sky" TWICE. Too, we know that Jesus returns immediately after this.

1. IF the moon shines blood-red, then it s STILL SHINING. Remember, during the last century, we learned that the Moon reflects sunlight, and thus doesn not have a light of her own. If the moon is shining blood-red, then the sunlight is blood-red too, although the Lord will darken the sun so that it turns black.
    Then, how would you explain Matt 24:29 and Rev 6:12 which are describing the same event and yet have a different description for the moon... "BLOOD RED" and "NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT?" Are they really that different? We think of the moon as "white".... but when it is BLOOD RED, it is quite opposite in color. Blood red is NOT a light. It is DARK.

They are not the same sign, and they do not mean the same thing.
    I'm afraid I will have to respectfully disagree with you. But I appreciate your post. I too, thought they may be two different events, but once I saw Rev and Matt, it pretty much sealed it for me. But I will remain open for correction.

Thanks, and God bless!
    Alyssa

Me too!! So how would you explain the following?....

Joel 2 and Joel 3 have different wording, but are they the same event??...

2:31 "The sun will be turned to to darkness and the MOON to BLOOD BEFORE the coming of the great and dreadful DAY OF THE LORD."

3:14b "For the DAY OF THE LORD is NEAR in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars NO LONGER SHINE."

But right before Joel 2:31 is Joel 2:10....
    2:10 "Before them the earth shakes, the sky trembles, the sun and moon are DARKENED, and the stars NO LONGER SHINE."

So.... "sandwiched" in between two verses that talk about the moon being DARKENED, is a very similar verse that says the moon will be BLOOD.

So..... where else do we see this BLOOD MOON and DARKENED MOON?

Matthew 24:29 "Immediately AFTER the distress of those days " ' the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky...."

Revelation 6:12 "I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned BLACK like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned BLOOD RED, and the stars in the sky fell to earth..."

So.... here we have a continued pattern of these same phrases that we have seen in Joel 2,3, Isaiah 13:10, and Matthew 24. Matt 24:29 and Rev. 6:12 MUST be the same event... because surely the stars will not "fall from the sky" TWICE. Too, we know that Jesus returns immediately after this.

Then, how would you explain Matt 24:29 and Rev 6:12 which are describing the same event and yet have a different description for the moon... "BLOOD RED" and "NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT?" Are they really that different? We think of the moon as "white".... but when it is BLOOD RED, it is quite opposite in color. Blood red is NOT a light. It is DARK.

I'm afraid I will have to respectfully disagree with you. But I appreciate your post. I too, thought they may be two different events, but once I saw Rev and Matt, it pretty much sealed it for me. But I will remain open for correction.

Thanks, and God bless!
    Alyssa
    I completely agree with Alyssa on this one. If you look at everything that happens in the sky, they are all pretty much identical. A dark moon can be a blood red moon. And who's not to say that the moon will not go Blood Red, then burn out or fade to black? The Day of the Lord will be intense. We know that when The Lord returns, there will be immeasurable catastrophic events going on at the same time. All of the scriptures which Alyssa has quoted above seem to me like the same day, The Day of the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnNYC View Post
    I completely agree with Alyssa on this one. If you look at everything that happens in the sky, they are all pretty much identical. A dark moon can be a blood red moon. And who's not to say that the moon will not go Blood Red, then burn out or fade to black? The Day of the Lord will be intense. We know that when The Lord returns, there will be immeasurable catastrophic events going on at the same time. All of the scriptures which Alyssa has quoted above seem to me like the same day, The Day of the Lord.
    Thanks for your post!

I might add that though I believe all of these Scripture verses are describing the same day, it does not necessarily mean that this discovery of Mark Biltz' regarding the four lunar eclipses on the Holy Days of 2014-2015 are these exact days spoken of in Scripture. It would make sense in some ways, however, because this is a very RARE occurance and whenever blood moons have fallen on Holy Days in the past, something VERY significant happened in Jewish history.

So, it might be silly to disregard this 2014-2015 lunar eclipse as nothing... but it may not necessarily be the exact event of Matt 24 and Rev 6.

Here's why...
    The LAST SOLAR ECLIPSE in this group is on Sept. 13, 2015 on Feast of Trumpets.

The LAST LUNAR ECLIPSE does not happen for another 15 days on Sept 28, 2015 on Feast of Tabernacles. So clearly these events are not taking place on the same exact day "THE DAY OF THE LORD." But.... what if the "sun darkening and the moon turning blood red and the stars falling from the sky" is not just one day? Whose to say that Matt 24 that describes the sun darkening doesn't happen 2 weeks earlier than the moon turning to blood red? After all, that is the order it will happen in 2015. Is there any reason to believe that these 3 events have to happen all on one day? What if they occur over a period of 2 weeks and THEN "THE DAY OF THE LORD" happens?
    "The sun will be darkened, (First... and THEN...)
    and the moon will not give its light;"

Remember Joel 2 and 3? It says the sun and moon will be darkened BEFORE the coming of that great and dreadful day of the Lord (not ON that very day).... and Joel 3:14 says... "For the DAY OF THE LORD is NEAR...the sun and moon will be darkened." But I recognize that there are other verses that seem to say this will all happen one day. Hmmmmm.

"It is a rare occurrence for four lunar cycles on successive Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot) observances. It will not happen again for hundreds of years.”

So then, if it doesn't happen again for hundreds of years, do we truly believe that it will be hundreds of years before Christ's return considering everything that is going on in our world?

I realize that Jesus does not have to come back on a Holy Day... but since he is a God of order, it would seem that he would. So where does that leave us?

God bless,
    Alyssa

go here

go to this site, scroll down to see the two Mark Blitz interviews, you will find it very interesting, http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/

Quote Originally Posted by resbmc View Post
    go to this site, scroll down to see the two Mark Blitz interviews, you will find it very interesting, http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/
    Thank you resbmc!!

God bless you,
    Alyssa

Of course, none of us knows for sure that we link up different verses found in different books of the Bible correctly.

I understand it this way:

Jesus said that the days of the great tribulation will be shortened for the elect's sake (Mat.24: 21-22). This means that we're talking about a period - who knows how long - days, or weeks, or months?

There will be signs in the heavens - in the sun, the moon and the stars which will accompany those events, I think.

When the incarnate Word of God (the giver of Light to the world) was crucified, there was darkness for 3 hours (Luk.23: 24). We don't know if this was due to a solar eclipse, since there is no record of such an eclipse anywhere around A.D 30 - A.D 33 which could have been experienced in Jerusalem.

A total lunar eclipse doesn't always result in the moon disappearing - a total lunar eclipse often results in the moon turning blood-red (see the color at the following link):

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...nareclipse.htm

The martyrdom of saints and the saints being overcome by the beast = the gospel is no longer going out to the world = solar eclipses + blood-red moon eclipses.

IMHO there most certainly is a definite link between Rosh Hashanah and Rev.11: 15 - this is the day the world will see Him appear in the clouds and the saints will be lifted up and taken out of the world (1Thes.4: 15-18; Mat.24: 29-31; Rev.11: 11-15). What follows is "the days of awe" and the repentance of JACOB, according to Jewish tradition surrounding the period Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur (10 days).

And as we now know, Rosh Hashanah does not occur until the first slither of the new moon is seen (that's why Rosh Hashanah only began on October 1st this year, and not Sept.30th) - this is known as "the day and the hour that no man knoweth", because the trumpets do not start blowing until the sighting of the first slither of the new moon.

There are many other facts regarding this period that are pertinent - such as the fact that Rosh Hashanah traditionally also begins the seven-day marriage consummation period of God and his bride - but there are many facts surrounding this period which teach us that just as the Lord's crucifixion took place on the appointed day and His resurrection took place on the appointed day, and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit took place on the apponted day (the Day of Pentecost), so the day the saints are lifted out of the world will occur on the appointed day - which is Rosh Hashanah.

Let's just pretend for a moment that this will occur in 2015. Perhaps by that time, the world will know about the solar and lunar eclipses occurring on the biblical holy days that (some of the) Christians made a big hoo-haah about; and they will know about the mark of the beast that the Christians refused to accept; and they will know about "the burning, fiery, furnace" that those who refused to worship the beast and his image were thrown into (Daniel 3 and Rev.13: 11-18); and they will have seen these solar and lunar eclispes.

"The Day of the LORD"
    has always referred to the Day God's judgment comes upon the nations - and Joel says,

"The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the coming of the great and awesome day of Jehovah." (Joe 2:31).

It's "the days of awe" that begin on Rosh Hashanah. The last lunar eclipse to occur before Rosh Hashanah in 2015 occurs on Passover day. I personnally feel that may be significant:

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, "For Your sake we are killed all the day long. We are counted as sheep of slaughter." But in all these things we more than conquer through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Rom 8:35-39).

But now I'm speculating. There are reasons, however, why I believe that the actions of the antichrist against the saints are written in the 6th seal and the 6th trumpet, and his final action is written in the 6th bowl of wrath in chapter 16 (that's 666).

His judgement at the hand of Christ comes at the time of the opening of the 7th seal, the sounding of the 7th trumpet, and the pouring out of the seventh bowl of wrath (that's 777).

But I would have to write a great deal to explain why I say that.

And of course, I could be wrong about anything I say!!!

ananias

AND

But I would have to write a great deal to explain why I say that.

ananias
    So...what? Ya got somewhere to go or something?

Thread Information