Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who said miracles don't happen anymore?

Blog Entries

Who said miracles don't happen anymore?

Some of you may know that I am getting married this upcoming October 17th to my friend of nine years, Ruth Classen. When we got engaged this past December 20th, we decided we would try to get me a visa for the States so we could live there together. You have to understand that while she is a US-citizen, I am a Dutch citizen.

We decided to go for a Fiance-visa, which usually take approximately 210 days to acquire from start to finish. Because my sweetheart was in her last year of college, we didn't get the papers out till May - we were cutting it close. To make matters worse, the payment didn't come through, which delayed the whole process by another month. In the end, the USCIS didn't start processing Ruth's petition for me until June.

By this time, I had given up hope. Approving that petition usually takes 110 days and we had only 130 days until the wedding. Even if it was approved, the papers still had to go to the American Consulate in Amsterdam with the whole administrative process there taking another average of 60 days. In short, our hopes were slim.

In the beginning of August, I realized there was really no hope left to move to the States. Because getting Ruth to Holland is also impossible, we decided to look at Belgium. I looked at jobs and apartments there but never felt completely 'right' about it...like God had something else, but I didn't know what it was. I believe God wants us to be practical though (after all, I AM Dutch) so I kept on looking around...until our petition was suddenly approved on the 20th of August! In less than 60 days, our petition had come through where the usual timeline is approximately 110 days!! Suddenly, we had hope again. Everything was going to be very tight and we still needed another miracle...but we had some hope.

That was miracle #1. The approved petition then needed to be sent to the consulate here in Holland, a process that usually takes 25 days (why it takes so long I do not know). Lo and behond, however, on the 29th of August - a mere TEN DAYS after the petition was approved - I received the information from the consulate that they had received the petition!! That was miracle #2.

Suddenly, America was wide open. I began collecting documents like crazy, sent the information back to the consulate, after which they sent me a letter saying my final interview appointment was scheduled for...October 9th. Talk about tight!! With the visa being sent in the mail after the interview, that meant I could come to the States no earlier than the 15th of Octber - 2 days before the wedding!! Still, this was miracle #3.

After having sent me that letter, they called me and informed me that I might still get an earlier date, but that can only be determined after I get my medical. So I had my medical the 24th of September and called them this morning (it takes a week for the papers to get from the doctor to the consulate, don't ask me why)...and they informed me that I can have my final interview on thursday, October 2nd!!!! MIRACLE #4!!

So this Thursday, we will attempt to take the final hurdle in this process that has lasted a mere 120 days instead of the usual 210. Praise God for the way this has progressed; He is truly a God of miracles!! I will be able to arrive in the States a week early - if the appointment had not been rescheduled, I would have arrived AFTER all the families arrive for the wedding.

And they tell me there is no God...
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

Check out my new blog at pilgrimtozion.blogspot.com

I praise the Lord for the way He shortened all the red tape!!!
    May He bless your marriage !!

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

way to go!

Sometimes, all you need is love.

Blog Entries
    Marriage is the braiding of three strands. Yours, hers and the Lords.
    Without his strand, your rope will be weak easily broken. Only by making him the center of your union can you hope to stand up to all that the world will throw against you. Of Course the Lord works Miracles.
    Even coincidences are miracles that God wants to remain anonymous of.
    Mnay Blessings on your upcoming nuptials. Learn to say "I'm sorry". You will not regret it. ALso, Marriages are built on millions of small selfless sacrifices, from which movie she wants to see to what she wants for dinner. I wish you well. Pray often and together on your knees. You have no idea how much it will bless your marriage to be able to hear your spouse cry out to God and know her mind and she likewise you.
    Again, Blessings to You.

Praise the Lord for this miracle! And Lord bless your marriage as well!

Thumbsup

That is our God who accomplishes His purposes and brings forth His plan.

I rejoice and Praise Him with you, dear Brother in Christ.

owl.
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Praising the Lord with you, my friend!

As an American who just moved to the Netherlands, I appreciate what a MIRACLE your story shows! I laughed when I read this. Getting ANY paperwork through the Dutch and American governments early is a miracle!

Best wishes for your marriage!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Jesus for helping this couple.. I praise you.. We all Praise YOU oh Lord..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Blog Entries
    And the miracle continues because yesterday, I WAS APPROVED!!! My visa will arrive in the mail in a few days and then, next Friday, I will be EMIGRATING to the US of A to be with my sweetheart until the end of time...

*BIG smile*
    Who have I in heaven but You oh God? Besides You, I desire nothing here on earth. My heart and my flesh may fail me, but God will be the strength of my heart and my portion forever...as for me, the nearness of God is my good - Psalm 73:25-26, 28a

WOW CONGRATS AND I am shocked I thought you were a girl and marrying Mikeynash

See I am out of the loop but I am so happy for you on both the visa and esp the marriage
    The story of Job teaches us that the Devil has to be given permission to attack us. So if God is allowing the attack surely He's planning our victory. He would not allow us to be in a battle we could not win.! God looks for hand-picked people He can send into difficult environments, that He might be glorified. He makes all things "work together for good" (Ro 8:28) so don't be intimidated. Just keep your eyes open and see what God is up to!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley274 View Post
    WOW CONGRATS AND I am shocked I thought you were a girl and marrying Mikeynash

See I am out of the loop but I am so happy for you on both the visa and esp the marriage
    HAHAHA...nope, I am a guy and am marrying Miss Universe in the picture by my name...

Lol I was playing that game with her I really didn't know...saw the pic ...the girl you see first and just thought you were the girl..shes very pretty....but umm who knew..then I saw Mikey saying he was getting married and hey who knew

I ought to get some points for that....Again congrats...I know....go to bed Ashley274
    The story of Job teaches us that the Devil has to be given permission to attack us. So if God is allowing the attack surely He's planning our victory. He would not allow us to be in a battle we could not win.! God looks for hand-picked people He can send into difficult environments, that He might be glorified. He makes all things "work together for good" (Ro 8:28) so don't be intimidated. Just keep your eyes open and see what God is up to!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrimtozion View Post
    And the miracle continues because yesterday, I WAS APPROVED!!! My visa will arrive in the mail in a few days and then, next Friday, I will be EMIGRATING to the US of A to be with my sweetheart until the end of time...

*BIG smile*

Praise the Lord..and thank you!!!

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

We live in the East Mountains outside of Albuquerque NM
    Wow, Praise you Father God, for you are so awesome!

It is obvious in whom your heart is delighted my brother, as God is giving you the desire of your heart!
    I always laugh when I read this scritpure because God is the one who gives us the desire and the will to do HIS GOOD PLEASURE anyway. Just think...it is Father God's pleasure for you to come and be with your beloved...HIS PLEASURE. How awesome is that???
    May you continue to be blessed, you and your beloved, and don't forget about us here, we want to hear about the wedding and whatever else you care to share.
    By the way, I went to the website on You Tube that you posted, the Lord has given you a gift and it is obvious that you truly enjoy praising God!

Be Blessed,

Rachele

Thread Information