Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pseudo Antichrist

Question

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    ...The RCC stopped killing a few years ago. How about someone that writes 666 on their hands once a year and whose radical side is already killing Christians in Africa? I'll give you a hint: "The Crusades".
    G-Day Mate, what makes you think they quit killing, where did you get that information. All you have to do is study there habits for 37 years as I have and then you might have an equitable argument.

Btw I'll give you a hint "The Crusaders" were Catholic

turnorburn

A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

Quote Originally Posted by Joe King View Post
    I also take comfort in the verses where Jesus says that no one can take us out of his hand.
    Could you direct me to that scripture?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duane Morse View Post
    Where in the Bible does it say that the anti-Christ will come into power by destroying an 'evil ruler'?
    What happens when Christ returns? He destroys an evil ruler. Would it not be logical for representative for Satan to do the same upon his return.....

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof;

It will be a strong delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    What happens when Christ returns? He destroys an evil ruler. Would it not be logical for representative for Satan to do the same upon his return.....
    No.

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof;
    When you read Isiah in the greater context (the whole chapter and the whole book) is a second coming of Christ the most obvious meaning behind the text?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    He will set himself up as Christ then the only evil he will crush will be true believers, Jesus said they will kill you thinking they are doing God a service. Can you think of somebody that fits that desciption today? Maybe a clue would help "The Inquisitions"
    I do not see it as the Catholic Church as many understand that a true Christ would not set himself up in Rome ect.....but Jerusalem (new).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    When you read Isiah in the greater context (the whole chapter and the whole book) is a second coming of Christ the most obvious meaning behind the text?
    Prophets are given understanding of the entirety of God's plan not only for their time but at the end of time. Thus within each is woven in prophecies concerning each time frame. Chapter 14 is an example of a parallel as the beginning of the chapter speaks of the father of this iniquity and his demise later of those which follow his ways and their destruction.

Mark

Prophets are given understanding of the entirety of God's plan not only for their time but at the end of time. Thus within each is woven in prophecies concerning each time frame. Chapter 14 is an example of a parallel as the beginning of the chapter speaks of the father of this iniquity and his demise later of those which follow his ways and their destruction.
    So how does one differentiate between the plain and original meaning of the text and what is a helpfull hint left for those of us 2000 years in the future? Can we pick and chose 2 and 3 verse snippets from all the prophets? What about the Chronicles or the Law?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HisLeast View Post
    So how does one differentiate between the plain and original meaning of the text and what is a helpfull hint left for those of us 2000 years in the future?
    Gift of prophecy.

I just...

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    G-Day Mate, what makes you think they quit killing, where did you get that information. All you have to do is study there habits for 37 years as I have and then you might have an equitable argument.

Btw I'll give you a hint "The Crusaders" were Catholic

turnorburn

...Know that you can back that up, right mate? So, let's hear some recent examples.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Thread Information