Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: What if the end isn't near? What if your heart on this is wrong?

Re: What if the end isn't near? What if your heart on this is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Me to thanks

Sorry but I focus on your underlined and bold capital letters and then forget the line of thought LOL
    marty fox,

1) I was pointing out the "chronology" issues... the "WHAT happens WHEN in relation to what OTHER THINGS"...

2) Matt19:28 = Matt25:31-34 (TIME-WISE)... meaning, it is NOT what is taking place "UP IN Heaven" "in this present age [singular]" for those who have died in Christ (for example, as was suggested)

Now try reading my posts again, to see if you can make sense of what all I'm communicating there.

Let me know if this is still unclear. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    marty fox,

1) I was pointing out the "chronology" issues... the "WHAT happens WHEN in relation to what OTHER THINGS"...

2) Matt19:28 = Matt25:31-34 (TIME-WISE)... meaning, it is NOT what is taking place "UP IN Heaven" "in this present age [singular]" for those who have died in Christ (for example, as was suggested)

Now try reading my posts again, to see if you can make sense of what all I'm communicating there.

Let me know if this is still unclear. Thanks.
    I see what you are saying now thanks

I still stand by what I said and I agree the verses here in Matthew 19 and 25 are in the future but I believe that the dead deciples are symbolically sitting and eating with Jesus now

We do have different views on timing of events though I see the verse you quoted as

Revelation 16 & 19 in the past

Revelation 20 in the future

Isaiah 24 in the future

I will tell you something that few can accept. 100% of Biblical prophecy has been fulfilled. The Kingdom has been established on earth. Take this into account: Hebrews 11:10. "Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God."
    He is referring to the Kingdom: New Jerusalem, not physical, but spiritual. Spiritual is just as real, just as alive as the physical. God is spiritual; we can't see Him, yet we know He is alive. What do spirits eat? I don't know, but they do. What do spirits wear? Where do they get their cloths? I don't know, but they have them.
    How about Hebrews 11:13-16.
    "All these people died still believing what God had promised them. They did not receive what was promised, but they saw it all from a distance and welcomed it. They agreed that they were foreigners and nomads here on earth. Obviously people who say such things are looking forward to a country they can call their own. If they had longed for the country they came from, they could have gone back. But they were looking for a better place, a heavenly homeland. That is why God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them."
    So God prepared a heavenly city for those who died and were resurrected. A spirtiual city invisible to us. New Jerusalem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Pretty much what I said, regarding this portion ^

touto vs. toutou ("this" vs. "OF this")

[that is, "OF" the one (age) being spoken of--"OF" the particular one (age) being referred to in the context--the one (age) wherein they had "crucified" Him]

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/1_corinthians/2-8.htm

...not, "in this present age [singular]" which Paul says is the "NOW" (of his writings/epistles).

There will be "ages [plural]" to come (Eph2:7 [from Paul's point-in-time/perspective]), also ...(I can think of three distinct ones from Scripture: "the end [singular] of the age [singular]" [which will cover the (future) trib yrs]; "the age [singular] to come" [which Jesus' disciples correctly understood to be referring to what we now/commonly call the (future, earthly) "MK age"], and "the ages [plural] of the ages [plural]" [what we call "eternity/eternal state/forever"].)

If we understand correctly what is being conveyed, yes.
    From what I gather we we agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    I will tell you something that few can accept. 100% of Biblical prophecy has been fulfilled.
    If it was all fulfilled...., then I wouldn't still be in this body entertaining the future blessed hope.

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
    7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
    8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

With this blessing comes eternal separation and judgment of all the ungodly.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    If it was all fulfilled...., then I wouldn't still be in this body entertaining the future blessed hope.

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.
    7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;
    8 in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.

With this blessing comes eternal separation and judgment of all the ungodly.
    Your hope is in passing your earthy tests and entering the Kingdom.

The timing of the “end times.” (some times approximate).

587/586 BC –Nebuchadnezzar II, king of Babylon, razed Jerusalem, Solomon’s temple destroyed.
    586 BC –Jews of Judah sent into exile to Babylon.
    539 BC –Persian King Cyrus conquered Babylon.
    538 BC –Cyrus allows the Jews to return to Zion.
    445 BC --Artaxerxes I allowed Nehemiah to rebuild Jerusalem’s walls.
    430-400 BC –In his second term Nehemiah purified the Temple and the priests and Levites and enforced the observance of the Law of Moses.
    332 BC –Alexander the great conquered Jerusalem.
    168 BC – Antiochus IV sets up a statue of Zeus (the 1st abomination) in the second temple, sparking the Maccabee revolt. Sacrifices stopped.
    165 BC --Maccabees retake and cleanse the temple.
    63 BC –Roman General Pompey conquers Jerusalem.
    37 BC –Herod the Great made King of Judea by Roman Senate.
    2 BC –Jesus is born in Bethlehem.
    28 –Jesus begins his mission.
    30 –Jesus is crucified and raised in Jerusalem.
    30-65 –The tribulation of the Christian elite.
    41 –Herod Agrippa I made king of a resurrected Israel. (The fatal wound healed)
    44 –Herod Agrippa I died suddenly.
    54 –Nero becomes Emperor of Rome.
    66 –Jesus returned on the clouds to gather the fist harvest: The faithful are taken to heaven.
    66 –The Jewish Revolt (the Great tribulation) begins.
    67 –Vespasian, Titus and several regional kings and governors meet near Mount Carmel (Har Megiddo) to plan the destruction of Israel. The final seven years begin.
    68 –Galilee and area east of the Jordan are destroyed by Romans.
    69 –Vespasian returns to Rome after Nero’s suicide and is made Emperor.
    70 –Titus, the prince and conqueror conducts a five month siege of Jerusalem. Sacrifices end at the mid-point of the final seven years.
    70 –Titus razes Jerusalem and destroys the second temple. The second abomination.
    74 –Jewish 1st revolt ends wat the murder/suicide at Masada. Seven years after it began.
    637 –Arabs take Jerusalem from the Byzantine Empire. Jews allowed to reside after 500 years.
    691 –Dome of the Rock competed on site of the second temple.
    1070 –A thousand years after its destruction, the Turkic emir Atsiz ibn Uvaq, (Gog of Magog) captured Jerusalem.
    1077 –Atsiz laid siege a second time and slaughtered three thousand. He is later captured and killed by the Seljuks, who confiscated his empire.
    At about this time the heavenly Kingdom was established on earth, the dead raised and judged, as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Pergola View Post
    Your hope is in passing your earthy tests and entering the Kingdom.
    No.
    My hope is in the appearing of our great and savior after I have endeavor to endured in the faith .

Titus 2
    11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age,

13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

When he appears we shall be like him , having a glorious body like his . The mortality that is even now , will be present no more. This is clearly a future hope.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    No.
    My hope is in the appearing of our great and savior after I have endeavor to endured in the faith .

Titus 2
    11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age,

13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

When he appears we shall be like him , having a glorious body like his . The mortality that is even now , will be present no more. This is clearly a future hope.
    Yes to all. Paul waited for the appearance of Christ, and he saw it.

Thread Information